• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

[car_upgrade] 2.0l Turbo Conversion With A Euro Rallye Flavour

sonofsam

cheers fuqa..going to make a start on the wiring soon as i have a circuit tester.just found out i have a rgx lump from a 406 . i went and bought a xm lambda sensor .do you think it will be compatable.did,nt cost me alot so no worrys if it isnt :lol:

Fuqa
cheers fuqa..going to make a start on the wiring soon as i have a circuit tester.just found out i have a rgx lump from a 406 . i went and bought a xm lambda sensor .do you think it will be compatable.did,nt cost me alot so no worrys if it isnt :lol:

no problem

im just using a standard 4 wire lambda..

sonofsam
no problem

im just using a standard 4 wire lambda..

sweet.yeh this has four wires going into two multi plugs.o there was another issue i was a bit confused about.this gear box speed sensor.i have my knock sensor in place plus speedo cable.so there is only two plugs left on the box.im guessing one is reverse light switch.so is the other the speed sensor.if so do i need one from a differnet model of 205 to make it work.

thanks again for your quick fire response,s

Edited by sonofsam

migti

do you realy need this speed sensor?? thought that was hst for the auto box??

Cheers.

Man3
s*it!! I better look out for this one roaming the streets :lol:

You and me both! Shouldn't be too hard to miss though by the sounds of it, can't say i've seen many white T16 kitted 205's roaming our neck of the woods!

Edited by Man3

sonofsam
You and me both! Shouldn't be too hard to miss though by the sounds of it, can't say i've seen many white T16 kitted 205's roaming our neck of the woods!

truth ive never seen one round hampshire.hopefully should be a true likeness.without the 16 but with the T...

got my decals sussed as well..apart from the rally stripes i'll have to get made up

clickyforstickys

sonofsam

Evening Folks,just thought i would put up some more pics,cant wait to drive this sucka !!

Shame still a way to go

Looking forward to Rallye arches,white Mo's and a 106 blue sprayjob.

Skyline IC looks like it's going to be a better fit,and hopefully more efficient with more bars/plates and the pipes rewelded so they

are pointing backwards.

So glad the bulk of the electrics is out the way,check out all of the wires you dont need to enable the engine to start.

Exhaust Fabrication is next on the list,Stone the crows its loud without one.

Thats all for now,but i shall be back no doubt ,may have found a "special" front valance,will know for sure tommorrow.

Cheers

Sam.

mbayley77

Dam thats one big intercooler.

looks like its going well and some nice bits of hosing going on there. Be an awsome beasty when she gets going.

What sort of power are you hoping for?

Is she a track car or road car????

details give me details :P

Jonmurgie

Bugger that wiring for laugh!! Best of luck to you with that, all looks good though... intercooler 'may' be a little overkill though :P

Rippthrough

Exhaust piping bent yourself or bought in?

That intercooler would be better of on a Scania!

sonofsam

mbayley77 ,sure is going to look good when its finished,not to bothered about what power its pushing,150hp as standard ,may increase with a de-cat,your guess is as good as mine.

Im building to my own taste's,dont really want to get into the whole Track v's Road car discussion.

Lets just say its going to take me were i wanna go,be it track,fast road,shopping or cruise to Newquay or Wales.will also be used occasianly to take my DJ set-up to gigs,amazing what you can fit in the boot of a stripped 205.

Jonmurgie ,Thanks,yes intercooler may be a little on the big side,but have you seen the size of the 406/xm one..it aint small,so the skyline one will be going on,if it fits underneath the valance,if not i'll rethink,I was told that you can never over intercool and to get the biggest one possible.

Rippthrough no i didnt bend them myself, though i am mighty strong..bought them from Jetex through Coolmotion website.I can make 90 bends,but its all hell of alot spinning operations, welding and cutting

so to buy was just easier..off to buy an angle grinder tommorrow,got a feeling now is the time :P

Sam

Just a tip, don't take it the wrong way, but that clear/blue hose will look really bad after a few months of use, plus black rubber hose would probably look better?

sonofsam
Just a tip, don't take it the wrong way, but that clear/blue hose will look really bad after a few months of use, plus black rubber hose would probably look better?

O right i didnt know that,never used it before,why does it started looking bad?guess thats why all the hoses i used to build here were black,maybe when the times come to replace it i may change colour,but for know its staying , it cost me alot of dough.

kuuner
Thanks,yes intercooler may be a little on the big side,but have you seen the size of the 406/xm one..it aint small,so the skyline one will be going on,if it fits underneath the valance,if not i'll rethink,I was told that you can never over intercool and to get the biggest one possible.

Sonofsam, i read that you're drive (in the futrure) with the original T25. Then i also think your ic is to big. The XM ic is much thinner. And even an important thing, is the flow of the ic. The ic of a Skyline flows better ofcourse. The T25 is to smal for this kind of duty... you create a downwards powerband. I'm not sure but i thought the called it "turbolag" (?). You can better use a 2wd cossworth ic. Look at my link below (Miami Blue).

Koen

maybe you can look over here:

http://www.student.kun.nl/p.oonincx/index.html

and look under "Various" -> "DIY Intercooler Page"

good luck.

sonofsam

Great site not seen that before,Yeh i take you point Kuuner,and everybody else's.

The reason i did it that way was so when i planned to uprate the turbo and other bits in the future it would be there ready,but in hindsight i could do that when the time comes...

and i dont really want to start hackin about my

DVC01198.jpg

DVC01197.jpg

its going to be a squeeze !!

TBH honest i was hoping the lag side of things would be minimal,but if a smaller one will be more suited to my application and still provide low inlet temperatures,im happy to swap again.

tom_m

looks like theres some hacking to be done there Sam!

are you planning to up the boost on the stock turbo before upgrading? if you do you might find the intake temps shoot up and you need better cooling, but as Kunner says the bigger the IC the longer the lag. maybe hang onto the skybus IC for when you get a balls out turbo and get a cossie one for the time being?

also have you thought about relocating the rad fans to the rear of the rad (and reversing their spin) so you get a bit more clearance in front of the rad for that monster IC?

kuuner
maybe hang onto the skybus IC for when you get a balls out turbo and get a cossie one for the time being?

An ic of a cossie is good for about 300 bhp, i thought. Above the 300 bhp they mount a 4wd cossie ic. It was a shame, that i had to sell my cossie ic. i did't fit anymore :) Now i've got a bigger ic that creates lag in very cold days. Soon i have 1 bar presure instead of 0.5. i hope it will be better.

this is my new set-up;

17klaar4.jpg

i mounted at the same place you did. But i had to destroy the bumper.

for more pics see below my signature (my dimma).

Koen.

tom_m
An ic of a cossie is good for about 300 bhp, i thought. Above the 300 bhp they mount a 4wd cossie ic. It was a shame, that i had to sell my cossie ic. i did't fit anymore :( Now i've got a bigger ic that creates lag in very cold days. Soon i have 1 bar presure instead of 0.5. i hope it will be better.

Koen.

300 horse, really? fair enough then.

Koen, i just gotta say your Dimma is :)

sonofsam
looks like theres some hacking to be done there Sam!

are you planning to up the boost on the stock turbo before upgrading? if you do you might find the intake temps shoot up and you need better cooling, but as Kunner says the bigger the IC the longer the lag. maybe hang onto the skybus IC for when you get a balls out turbo and get a cossie one for the time being?

also have you thought about relocating the rad fans to the rear of the rad (and reversing their spin) so you get a bit more clearance in front of the rad for that monster IC?

there sure is,i dont mind chopping out some of the bumper wich i did before when trying to mount

the Scania-esque IC,with the bottom and half the front missing it still struggled to fit,the skyline IC is 10mm thinner than that one,and doesnt have bulbous welds so would go with minimal amount taken of the inner lip of the bumper.

I was'nt planning on upping the stock boost ,but i know what my grubby little mits are like,is there a temp. sensor i could get? to negate when a bigger IC would be needed.

Have'nt thought about relocating the rad fans,would that bring the rad forward too,as there is a nats cock between inlet pipes and rad as it is at the moment,i will using a twin fan set-up and had thought about trimming the cowling to suit if need be.

But what i dont want to do is bugger up the Zender,just measured up for one of these BMW TDS IC's,should fill the hole nicley and add to the shortening of the inlet tract and lag issues,i had a good read here. ,interesting stuff.

BMW525tds20e362.jpg

BMW525tds20e36.jpg

An ic of a cossie is good for about 300 bhp, i thought. Above the 300 bhp they mount a 4wd cossie ic. It was a shame, that i had to sell my cossie ic. i did't fit anymore :) Now i've got a bigger ic that creates lag in very cold days. Soon i have 1 bar presure instead of 0.5. i hope it will be better.

Let me know how you get on with your set up and increased boost Kuuner,Car looks fantastic.

Edited by sonofsam

Ant

Kunner,

What rad is that your are running ?

Ive been tryna fit a 2wd intercooler this weekend.

Problem is, it stick out about 2" in front of the bumper, becuase i need to leave clearance for the connection hoses.

Your method would work good. But im not sure what rad that is..

Other than that, i might try reversing the fans :rolleyes:

Cheers

kuuner
Kunner,

What rad is that your are running ?

Ive been tryna fit a 2wd intercooler this weekend.

Problem is, it stick out about 2" in front of the bumper, becuase i need to leave clearance for the connection hoses.

Your method would work good. But im not sure what rad that is..

Other than that, i might try reversing the fans :angry:

Cheers

With "rad" you mean a radiator? sorry, i'm dutch :lol: The Miami blue was running with the original radiator. just modified the rest.

ven-huis1.jpg

ven-huis2.jpg

the ic was modified also.

intercooler1

intercooler2

The dimma has a custom-made radiator. a smaller one, because i didn't have the room for the hoses. My aircopump was the problem. I had to use racing-fans, because they are thinner than original.

cheers.

sonofsam

Well on to next problem solving mission,jacked the car up on four axles stands dubiuosly(bloody gravel strip)

to have a good look at were the exhaust downpipe needs to go.

Its a wee bit tight on the bulkhead,so do i extend the lower engine mount fork 10mm?does this have knock on consequences,

or do i tap the bulkhead with a small hammer and a little bit of heat :)

I think i may be able to make one fit without doing either though,but then the engines going to rock a bit anyway is'nt it?

any advice appreciated :)

pic1

pic2

DVC01238.jpg

Plenty of clearence on these mind :D sorry could'nt resist a quick offer up pic

Cheers

Sam.

kuuner

Hey,

you have to smash it ;)

But use a rubber hammer!

See here the result:

schutbord1.jpg

pict nr2

pict nr3

Good luck B)

sonofsam

Nice work,cheers Koen,I've got a big a** rubber mallet at work,guess i'll do it when the engines out ,no room to swing at cat!! as it stands now.

Sam.

sonofsam

Ok, so there seems to be a theme to this thread now...were do i stick it !!! Too easy

Got/getting rid of the monster IC and will be investing in a 2wd cosworth one

Koen i see you positioned yours under the front cross member,but with my valance it would seem

it would'nt get adequate airflow,would it?unless i got some cold air intakes to feed it ,or made a deflector ??

DVC012511.jpg

Or do i cut out the grilles in the valance and have the IC in the middle,sitting nice and forwards,but this could incur some sort of S bends to get the pipes back under the cross member.

mmm decisions,what d you reckon folks

Sam.