• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Jenvey Throttle Bodies On The Mi16

rich_w

i think sexual favours are involved.... ;)

Dino
I'd probably replace 'cheap' with 'free' base-1 :)

And Jon is still complaining about it not getting done!!!! ;)

easypug

Is this done now? What power did it make?

Jonmurgie

Well, I guess this is one of the reasons I've been quite lately... STILL not done!! I almost gave up on everything and sold the lot a month ago, even got as far as putting together a 'breaking trackcar' thread... fortunately came to my senses :P

So this is now due for completion in January for Silverstone in early Feb... we shall see...

smckeown

join the club Jon, just heard will be ages before my engine is ready, it's been 1 year already without a track 205 :P

Dream Weaver

Common theme it seems. :)

Even though mine is running now, the silly little things are stopping it from being on the road.

I was beginning to wonder where you'd been Jon :P

Jonmurgie

Well a little progress made today, popped over to Matt @ QEP today and dropped off my other Mi16 motor for some 'tinkering'... looking forward to the outcome I can tell you :)

Tidy_Andy

im in the same boat, got silverstone gp on the 13th of feb, the engines still part built on the stand in the garage and also need to fit my emerald and jenveys! just got to get my finger out ;)

Edited by Tidy_Andy

easypug
Well a little progress made today, popped over to Matt @ QEP today and dropped off my other Mi16 motor for some 'tinkering'... looking forward to the outcome I can tell you :)

Are you still going ahead with the standard engine then, seems abit pointless if the engine Matt is doing will be ready before its finished. Save on getting the engine mapped twice, unless of course your getting it all done for free :D

Jonmurgie

Yes the plan is to have the TB's and ECU fitted to the engine I have while the other engine is being built up @ QEP :)

Mapping isn't an issue...

smckeown

what's the spec of the QEP build then jon ?

Jonmurgie

The spec isn't finalised yet really... but shoud produce a solid 220bhp I'd hope :)

smckeown

must be a relatively serious spec to get 220 bhp

Jonmurgie

Right, some progress is now slowly being made on the Jenvey's... all be it by ME but hey, anything to get things moving:

progress2.jpg

progress1.jpg

We're now aiming for a completeion date on the Jenvey's and ECU of before 10th Feb... we shall see I guess!

Dream Weaver

Whats the issue thats holding it up?

With all the proper gear, you could have that lot bolted on in an afternoon :blush:

Sam

Gotta love the look of them :blush: Not nearly as good as the sound though :(

Bet you can't wait, its probably the best time of year to be fitting stuff in terms of tracktime I guess. Wish I had the space...

Edited by Sam

16v205

Looking good :(

Dont do what I did btw, I fitted everything came to the last hose which was the brake servo then looked where to fit it :blush:

Phoned Jenvey and they recommend tapping one of the 2 re-enforced circles on the centre two inlet runners you can see on your pic.

What size trumpets have you decided to run?

Rich

Sam

You could fit some nice 120/150s in that filter :blush: get one of the shorter rads like Robsbc/DAZ_C have and ditch the slam panel and you're away?

DrSeuss

You should make an airbox, lower the radiator and use a panel filter. Then you'll get a ram air effect at speed. using the grille as an air intake.

Jonmurgie

I have some more pictures to show but we've had a powercut this afternoon (am back at home now)...

The hold up is just the fact that PS are busy and I'm not a high priority... hence the start in June and then nothing happening for months! But now I'm getting a bit more involved to get things going, hence some more progress pics to come tomorrow!

The take off for the servo is still on my mind so we'll make sure that's done before they are bolted into place, got to take a little off the engine mount as space is well tight down there. Manifold and head line up very well, no need of any adjustments on this engine at least :)

I already have an airbox in fact, that was my progress this afternoon, starting to cut out the backing plate for it... will get pics up soon but it does look nice and the airbox fits with my bonnet so that's handy!

Am sticking with the 90mm trumpets for now, but at a later date may experiment with shorter ones...

Slam Panel is gone.. will get a bar welded across just o give that little bit of support, rad will be lowered.. may get a new core but I don't see that as a priority at this stage... this is only to get the TB's on and the ECU in and mapped... will worry about the finer points when the other engine goes in :)

Sam

Niceone for doing it yourself, I really like doing it myself, get more pride from it that way.

Have you sold your jenvey filter and backplate then?

Jonmurgie
Have you sold your jenvey filter and backplate then?

Not yet, will wait and see how I get on with the airbox first :)

Sam

Good move, although I can guess which of the 2 setups will sound best, have many people on TB's had problems with driveby sound tests? Thats where TBs would cause the most issues (full chat) sound wise.

Jonmurgie

Right, here are a few more pics from earlier today...

Stuck a couple of trumptes on to check clearance, slam panel is clearly going!!

progress6.jpg

progress7.jpg

And here's a sneak preview of the airbox...

progress8.jpg

It's only rested on there but you get the idea, will see about finishing off the backing plate tomorrow :) Idea is to take an air feed from the headlight cutout so it will have a nice cold air feed... have seen several of the aluminium airboxes and may play around with that in the future but again, for now, I just want the damned thing running!

Oh, the other reason I'm going with an airbox is I'm planning on trying out an 8 injector setup...

steige

Jon does your bonnet close with the 90mm trumpets fitted. I'm not sure if anybody on here is running 90mm trumpets without modifying their bonnet. I realise i will have to mod the slam panel but don't want to touch the bonnet.

Sign in to follow this