• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Jenvey Throttle Bodies On The Mi16

bedders

Murgie- whats that thing on your fuel return line on your original MI fuel rail?

Jonmurgie

That's some stupid kind of 'fuel saver' that was on the engine when I got it... didn't have any fuelpipe to replace it with when I fitted the engine in the 205 so left it there!

Sam

Dino: Good Good :wacko:

Sorry I won't clog Jon's thread any further ;)

Edited by Sam

Sam

Any news for us Jon? :D

Jonmurgie

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

possibly going to put back together for the next couple of trackdays now as time is running out and PS are working flat out on 2 cars for the Tuner GP in September :D

Sam

Thats a shame. Don't feel like having a bash yourself? Its not that hard honest, at least do some of it? Its fun :D

Ps. did you get an email from me re: java website?

slider2

yeah, ive no idea how hard it is, but cant you put it together and just get ps to rr it? :D

Jonmurgie

I can't honeslty be arsed.....

Guest BiFf

Go on Jon! Base-1 and I fitted my TB's and ECU from start to finish in 1 weekend in my garage and we weren't exactly going for it so it won't take you long :D then you can just roll it back to PS for mapping once your done.

You get a real sense of satisfaction knowing you built it all up to ;)

If I can do it I'm sure you can ;)

BiFf :ph34r:

Jonmurgie

One of the delays is they want to do an entire race loom for the engine, with the bare minimum required etc. and I don't want to miss out on that really!

That would be tied in with the MoTeC loom they would also do, making it a pretty nice neat install!

I guess I don't mind waiting but that means I will miss out on the 27th August @ Donington and taking the car on the track @ Trax which are already paid for :D

Am just feeling a bit down about it right now, with the thoughts of selling the whole lot crossing my mind today!!

Dream Weaver

Dont do that, I nearly sold everything (tools included) back in May, but instead just left everything well alone for a few months.

I'm back again now and loving it, the project is 95% done and i've just booked in on a rolling road with the Scoob boys in October so I at least have a deadline of sorts, though would prefer to finish it this month.

Its the bike TB's causing the hassle for me, if I had your Jenvey kit here I could have mine running tonight ;)

Edited by Dream Weaver

phatgti

update your thread with your progress please Simon. ;)

Guest BiFf
One of the delays is they want to do an entire race loom for the engine, with the bare minimum required etc. and I don't want to miss out on that really!

That would be tied in with the MoTeC loom they would also do, making it a pretty nice neat install!

You should speak to Kev Light (Shevy) about delays haha his cars been off the road for gotta be nearly 2 years now with one thing or another.

I had a BX loom in my car and ripped most of it out when fitting my M3D left me loads of room under the bonnet and things looked a lot neater.

Don't lose heart. Believe me with the grief I've had with mine I've lost count of the amount of times I've nearly sold the lot but you just percevere (spelling?!?!) it'll come good in the end. I'm actually starting to see light at the end of the tunnel with my car now and I'm finally starting to spend money on stuff to make it better for me (like harnesses, seats, etc) rather than stuff to keep it running right.

Surely there must be something you can do to help them along if they are busy. Even if it's making sub assembly's of stuff ready to go into/onto the car.

BiFf ;)

Dream Weaver
update your thread with your progress please Simon. :)

What progress? ;)

Its mostly been about ordering bits and measuring stuff this week, but i'm hoping to get some more ancillary bits done this weekend and wire the battery back in so all the lights etc work.

Just waiting for some customers to pay me (grr ;)) then I can order some Samco hoses.

rich_w
Am just feeling a bit down about it right now, with the thoughts of selling the whole lot crossing my mind today!!

50p?

You dont really want to sell it...

DrSeuss

It would seem giving up or wanting to is part of every conversion.

Wiring up the loom is a piece of piss. And a neat install is only a matter of paying attention to detail.

base-1

The Motec loom IS the engine loom!? That sounds like a load of bull tbh, they'd only use the bare minimum anyway - why say wire up boost sensors or something that isn't needed? The only other stuff in the bay is lights, horn, washer pump, dash wiring etc which you need! (assuming the car is legal?)

make them hurry up with it ;)

Jonmurgie
The Motec loom IS the engine loom!? That sounds like a load of bull tbh, they'd only use the bare minimum anyway - why say wire up boost sensors or something that isn't needed? The only other stuff in the bay is lights, horn, washer pump, dash wiring etc which you need! (assuming the car is legal?)

make them hurry up with it ;)

Then it's me who is talking bull mate... they usually make a 'link lead' for MoTeC installs, they said they were making an entire new engine loom for my project, so I thought there would be 2 looms... anyhow, they know what they are doing, it will be a sweet end result but it's just taking forever to get there!!

Have just cancelled my trackday @ Donington on the 27th August :)

evouk

Will you have the car for the rally day jon?

Jonmurgie

what, the 13th August... no mate! I will be there though, with the Topaz ;)

Dino
Then it's me who is talking bull mate... they usually make a 'link lead' for MoTeC installs, they said they were making an entire new engine loom for my project, so I thought there would be 2 looms... anyhow, they know what they are doing, it will be a sweet end result but it's just taking forever to get there!!

Have just cancelled my trackday @ Donington on the 27th August ;)

Jon - is your place still available at Donny? If so I'd be interested to buy it off you perhaps ;)

Catch me on msn later/tomorrow :)

base-1

Have just cancelled my trackday @ Donington on the 27th August ;)

Ah i see, I guess they usually do that to keep costs down (a tiny bit?) and make it easy to revert back to standard ECU? From that point of view its a good idea, on a car like your's I would expect them to do it this way! ;) Don't let them take the piss mind, doing that is still only a mornings work - I know they are busy etc but give them a bit of a deadline! :)

Jonmurgie

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to demand any timescale from them... if you know what I mean ;)

base-1

aha cheap job? better be bloomin cheap if you are missing all the stuff the car is there for! ;)

Dream Weaver

I'd probably replace 'cheap' with 'free' base-1 ;)

Sign in to follow this