• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Jenvey Throttle Bodies On The Mi16

Jonmurgie

Was that on standard cams then? I have a set of Verniers waiting to go on with the new engine but if it can show a 12lb/ft increase in torque then I guess fitting them now would be much more worthwhile?

Dom9

Fit 'em now! It was a standard engine wasn't it?

C_W
Was that on standard cams then? I have a set of Verniers waiting to go on with the new engine but if it can show a 12lb/ft increase in torque then I guess fitting them now would be much more worthwhile?

I would have thought so, otherwise you'd have to have it remapped to match the cam timing?

Jonmurgie

Well I was saving the Verniers for the new engine that will be getting built by later in the year... whole car will need to be remapped then anyhow... will see if PS want to fit them, though I can imagine it being a PITA to do with the engine in the car!

C_W

I'd guess it might only be a slight remap though. Didn't realise you were getting it rebuilt, so maybe leave them out, then you can see the difference the TB's and MOTEC make on a standard engine before and after.

petert

Just put the vernier on the inlet cam and advance it a few degrees. You'll be amazed at the difference in torque.

Jay

I read yet another of Dave Walker's great articles recently (he gets everywhere!) where he said he got good results just from sticking verniers on standard cams, however they were a total PITA to fit, so that probably answers your questions.

petert

It is hard, knuckle scraping business in a 205, but if it's going to be a while before the rebuild, worth doing. Leave the cam cover off so it's easy to adjust.

You'll also see an increase in torque from getting rid of the AFM and another from mapping the ignition correctly on the dyno.

I guarentee you'll be driving around corners in a gear higher.

Jonmurgie

Bit of a feeble update... they have removed the bonnet!! Wooo hooo... a small bit of progress :(

evouk

progress!!!

Rippthrough

What an astonishing rate of speed!

Never hire them as pitcrew :(

Jonmurgie

LOL :(

But to be fair, they are doing me a rather BIG favor so I'm happy that they fit it in around other stuff... enjoying my Topaz a lot now :lol:

d-9

haha given that your bonnet is held on by four pins and weighs less than my phone, i dont think its much of an achievement!

Jonmurgie

Give them credit... it's held on by 6 pins now :)

pic2.jpg

Took some pics today as some parts have arrived:

pic3.jpg

Battery Box, Start switches and cut off switch

pic1.jpg

Rebuilt Gearbox (1.9 8v with Mi Final Drive & Quaife LSD)

phatgti

ATB or plate type?

smckeown

Quaife dont make plate type diffs to my knowledge

evouk

very nice..............

Rob Thomson

Whoever built that gearbox must have a big tin of grey paint!

phatgti

So that'll be an ATB then :)

Gripper all the way baby

Jonmurgie

Yeah, it's just an ATB but it was sooooooooo cheap for a new one it was rude NOT to have it... was also strongly advised by the rally boys to NOT have a plated diff unless I had Power Steering (which I don't) :)

It's actually Matt Black btw :(

phatgti

Is that because it is driven on the road?

Mine does not have power steering and will have a gripper diff, it'll be a good workout though.

smckeown

well this is the debate....is a plate type diff ok for a track car without PAS ?? I'd love to know the answer/hear experiences

Obviously you wouldn't put anything other than an ATB on a road car due to being maintenance free etc

Jonmurgie

Very true Sean... as you know the guy I got the Diff from (Chris Prynne) said that without PAS your hands would be bleeding after a sesson... now I'm not sure if he meant RALLY session (as that's what he's into) or TRACK session.

I did tell him I use it as a track car so maybe he means track... at the end of the day I've done 18 months wihtout a diff at all... it was a matter of £90 that I didn't have at the time so the Quaife won and I'll see how that goes.

You still not sure which diff to go for Sean?

Jonmurgie

Right, guess what.... PROPER progress has been made!!

Standard inlet stuff has been removed and the TB's are starting to be put together... though despite Jenvey saying all fixings were supplied we seem to be missing any for the TB's to the Inlet!!

strip4.jpg

strip1.jpg

http://www.canong3.co.uk/pug/jenvey/strip2.jpg

http://www.canong3.co.uk/pug/jenvey/strip3.jpg

http://www.canong3.co.uk/pug/jenvey/strip5.jpg

http://www.canong3.co.uk/pug/jenvey/strip6.jpg

strip7.jpg

Think things might keep moving now it's been started :)

Jay

Jon, I hate to worry you mate, but have Forge accidentally put washing up liquid in your engine or something? Just there's foam spilling out of all your inlet ports... :):(

Sign in to follow this