• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Jenvey Throttle Bodies On The Mi16

Dom9

I wanted to know why they were using condoms to protect the inlet ports... Seems like a waste to me... Maybe the lubrication helps somehow? :)

Looking good Jon! Will be interesting to see what the car makes after mapping! You going to fit the verniers?

I just passed up a Lumenition C460 ECU on eBay... It went for 155 quid... I had my auction stealer set at 170, but cancelled it... All this TB talk has me excited... I forget I don't live in the UK anymore, don't have a Pug and don't need any more fuel being drunk by my 5.2 V8 Durango!!!

Jonmurgie

Not going for the Verniers at the moment, but the new engine has made some progress so I'd hope to have that ready in the next couple of months (with the verniers on!)

rich_w

Jon are you using your old injectors or do you have 'new' items lined up?

Jonmurgie

Old but they will be cleaned first and replaces if s*ite...

B1ack_Mi16

Standard Mi16 injectors?

When I used those they on my standard engine the emerald seem to run them on upto 100% dutycycle which I can't think is good at all. I was using a map for a standard Mi16 engine supplied from Emerald... So I would have got some larger injectors actually.

smckeown

yeah your mad to try and get 200 bhp out of 4 x mi16/1.9 injectors...

I'd seriously look into larger ones

Sean

Sam

Cossie Greens

Jonmurgie

Very very good point guys... totally meant to have a conversation with PS about the injectors but forgot! Will speak to them first thing and get something sorted I'm sure :)

petert
yeah your mad to try and get 200 bhp out of 4 x mi16/1.9 injectors...

Sean

An impossible feat actually.

rich_w

Jon, there's a place in Evesham that clean injectors, I can dig there number out if you haven't found them/or someone else already.

Jonmurgie

Just had a quick chat... they were going to stick Bosch 803's in anyhow which they carry on the shelf :)

smckeown
Just had a quick chat... they were going to stick Bosch 803's in anyhow which they carry on the shelf :)

Is it these jon ?

code 0280150803

cc per min 390

ohms 4.8

hp each 78

PORSCHE 944 2.5L Turbo(HIZ)(STYLE V)(GREEN)(IC-744)

I suppose the benefits of a motec is that you don't need to stick to high impedunce injectors.

smckeown
An impossible feat actually.

Yeah I believe they max out at 180 bhp at 100% duty ?

And this has always bugged me about Dave Walker's article on putting TBs/Emerald on the BX and only getting 175 bhp. I'm very surprised he didn't change the injectors

Edited by smckeown

Jonmurgie

Not sure but they are usually fitted as an upgrade to Cosworth's and seem a common upgrade when needing more fuel :)

Super Josh
code 0280150803

cc per min 390

ohms 4.8

hp each 78

PORSCHE 944 2.5L Turbo(HIZ)(STYLE V)(GREEN)(IC-744)

Blimey, they'll be good for a shade over 300 ponies, won't they be a touch on the large side?

Josh

Rob Thomson
Yeah I believe they max out at 180 bhp at 100% duty ?

And this has always bugged me about Dave Walker's article on putting TBs/Emerald on the BX and only getting 175 bhp.  I'm very surprised he didn't change the injectors

Yep - but he knows what he's doing. If he's got a car on the rollers with a gas analyser shoved up the exhaust surely it's VERY easy to see whether it's leaning off at the top end.

smckeown
Blimey, they'll be good for a shade over 300 ponies, won't they be a touch on the large side?

Josh

Size isn't everything :)

I was advised to go stupidly large cc/min siemen's injectors from the states (when my TB/ECU project was going earlier this year :o ), and the tuner has had personal experience of them working well for very high outpout engines (far exceeding what i had planned) and for smaller ones like mine. He said they seemed to flow / adapt to what ever was needed. And this is no buls*it, this is a very reputable DTA mapper.

phatgti

somone mentioned the Mi injectors being able to feed enough fuel for 182bhp @ 85% duty cycle.

Mine made 180bhp (@fly) on standard injection (headwork, cams) without any leaning at all.

phatgti

I wasn't far off;

Anthony wrote in another thread.

Mi16 injectors flow 214cc which is enough for around 181hp @ 85% duty.

petert

803's are fine, even on a 180hp 8V engine. The main problem is normally over fuelling at idle. But as the dead time of these are quite low, you can bring the idle time down a fair bit to compensate for the higher flow rate.

Guest BiFf
Standard inlet stuff has been removed and the TB's are starting to be put together... though despite Jenvey saying all fixings were supplied we seem to be missing any for the TB's to the Inlet!!

My Jenvey Kit didn't come supplied with anything to fit the bodies to the inlet either. IIRC I made up some fixings using some studding nuts and washers. It did the job and looks quite nice I think.

They also only sent half the throttle linkage to. The part that fixes the linkage to the bodies is not classed as part of the kit and has to be ordered seperately (it's like a 'U' shaped sort of bracket).

Looking good though mate! some proper progress

BiFf :)

Sam

You'll love the sound, been playing with the map on mine, dino would love the throttle response, its something else, even compared to the carbs which i thought were good.

Sam

You're missing out :wacko:

Dino

I know mate......but I have a cunning plan Ma Lord........:wacko:

Sign in to follow this