• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Berglundracing

205 T16 replica build

Berglundracing
2 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

You can find perfectly made front and middle parts from MC racing in france…

not expensive and fast delivery….

rear bonnet and rear fender can be found in italia, (tuning epoca) but little bit crap… lot of correction needed…

do you plan to do a 200 series 205 T16 or a competition one ?

I’m going for E2.

Have planned to buy from Ricambituning.it

Cant find better prices but will look into your suggestions. Thanks!!

Ced1610
18 hours ago, Berglundracing said:

I’m going for E2.

ok, e2 is lot more easy than S200…

i have seen that your direction is front wheel mounted, instead of back of front wheel…

have you noticed that it will reverse direction ?

SRDT
23 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

i have the entire book….

if info needed, ask

I download pretty much every manual related to the turbo 16 that i can find online, not that I have any use for them. It's just funny to see how much they raided the Peugeot-Talbot-Citroën parts bin.

Ced1610
24 minutes ago, SRDT said:

I download pretty much every manual related to the turbo 16 that i can find online, not that I have any use for them. It's just funny to see how much they raided the Peugeot-Talbot-Citroën parts bin.

have you the complete part list book ?

i have it if needed…

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Berglundracing
5 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

ok, e2 is lot more easy than S200…

i have seen that your direction is front wheel mounted, instead of back of front wheel…

have you noticed that it will reverse direction ?

Sorry, I dont really understand what you mean?

Ced1610
1 hour ago, Berglundracing said:

Sorry, I dont really understand what you mean?

normally, on 205 the rack is at the back of the front wheel, if you take this rack and put it front of wheel, it will be reversed ( turning right may do the wheels to turn left…)

SRDT
2 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

have you the complete part list book ?

i have it if needed…

i have a scan from the mise à jour B but not the édition N°2 definitive catalog.

http://www.106maxi.co.uk/mediapool/78/788866/data/205_T16_Parts_Document.pdf

A few tidbits:

1127.09 is used to connect both oil pressure sender and alert on the turbo 16 block, you find the same part number on the 309 with 1.6 Talbot engine so it may be as old as the Simca 1000 Rallye or maybe the Coupé.

The ignition system is a variant of the Thomson-CSF AEI system that what was also used by the Visa, CX and 309 turbo trophée.

Peugeot reused the turbo 16 valvetrain drawing for the XU9J4 so you can see solid lifters with shims and no oil galleries in the head.

5F09A60A.TIF

Berglundracing
5 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

normally, on 205 the rack is at the back of the front wheel, if you take this rack and put it front of wheel, it will be reversed ( turning right may do the wheels to turn left…)

Ok I understand, I use the Impreza rack with complete wheel and suspension. Also complete system with pedals and brakesystem except for Audi A8 rear calipers and vented discs.

I had all this Subaruparts from another build.

Berglundracing
On 8/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, SRDT said:

If you want to use the original ignition coils VALEO 245129 are a close match, just another connector. Original distributorless ignition is closely related to the one used on the Citroën CX but coils are NLA.

On the dash the boost gauge is a modified aircraft instrument, be it Peugeot, Renault or Citroën they all used it at some point.

b75dd291f2d2bd5b9c8e6b38e19a9e5e.jpeg.da

The big red warning light is from a 2CV

https://www.citroparts.com/fr/store/acheter-des-pieces-citroen-2cv/equipement/instruments-de-bord/voyant-rouge-gros-diam-egrave-tre-sans-ampoule-2cv-ami-dyane-mehari-1105521

Thanks,

actually I ordered the boost gauge from ebay but it never arrived. Emailed the seller and he told me it got returned to him? Said he would send it again but it never showed up. 180 euro gone.

Berglundracing

I thinking of building the dashboard soon. Curious what the material is on the gauge-board? the surface?

on top it seems to be some sort of fabric? Alcantara? It doesent seems to be 100% fittment from the factory on pictures i found.

This picture is from The musem/B Saby car.

IMG_8895.png

Berglundracing

This is the seller.

Of course it could be a misstake?

IMG_6741.png

Ced1610
2 hours ago, Berglundracing said:

I thinking of building the dashboard soon. Curious what the material is on the gauge-board? the surface?

on top it seems to be some sort of fabric? Alcantara? It doesent seems to be 100% fittment from the factory on pictures i found.

This picture is from The musem/B Saby car.

IMG_8895.png

normally, it’s thin aluminium plate, painted…

ral 9005 textured…

Ced1610
On 2/10/2024 at 9:28 PM, Berglundracing said:

I’m going for E2.

i have checked… MC racing is a little more expensive… but their work is A LOT more better than those « ricambi » parts…

( in fact same photo as snc tuning epoca from italia too…)

for mine, i had a lot of correction to do to their parts, fiber not well glued, all parts are deformed, like outted to fast from mold…

i tell you for second time because you didn’t tell me nothing:

205 T16 is little longer (50mm) than normal 205… if you do not correct chassis, you will have optics 50 mm inside…

Ced1610
9 minutes ago, Ced1610 said:

i have checked… MC racing is a little more expensive… but their work is A LOT more better than those « ricambi » parts…

for mine, i had a lot of correction to do to their parts, fiber not well glued, all parts are deformed, like outted to fast from mold…

205 T16 is little longer (50mm) than normal 205… if you do not correct chassis, you will have optics 50 mm inside…

ricambi/tuning epoca vs MC racing…

image.jpg

image.jpg

Berglundracing
1 hour ago, Ced1610 said:

Thanks for good info/pictures!

where is the T16 longer in the front?

I will not proceed any more with front structure untill I have all front parts. The pieace below windscreen is probably important. At this point I dont have any metal cheet there. It was missing when I bought it.

Edited by Berglundracing

Ced1610
23 minutes ago, Berglundracing said:

I will not proceed any more with front structure untill I have all front parts. The pieace below windscreen is probably important. At this point I dont have any metal cheet there. It was missing when I bought it.

for mine, i cutted all front, but the wisper shell…

i go for S200…

i took all size on regular 205 and had constructed all…

result : replay…

B3981D0D-FDA0-4DFC-B974-A1D09D9FF58A.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610
29 minutes ago, Berglundracing said:

here, before correction 

E5E62F27-09DE-4C47-838D-503695A0E7D5.jpeg

Edited by Ced1610
add photo…
  • Like 1

Ced1610

and after modification (+47mm)

DF11C11A-897C-4A83-A6D5-E094B73D5C26.jpeg

Edited by Ced1610
  • Like 1

Ced1610

and don’t forget that if nose go front, front axle go with it…

you must have 2540mm axle to axle…

image.jpg

Ced1610

another easy solution is to put t16 replica parts for regular 205… ( available on Mc website…)

like a Dimma front…

Berglundracing
5 minutes ago, Ced1610 said:

and after modification (+47mm)

DF11C11A-897C-4A83-A6D5-E094B73D5C26.jpeg

When I have mesured the lengt from main cab(rear part of door to rear wheel center and front part of door to center of front wheel. Did this st the museum on Sabys E2) it all seems to be right. The extra lengt is hopefully from front wheel arc and forward? To make room for cooler?

Ced1610
1 minute ago, Berglundracing said:

When I have mesured the lengt from main cab(rear part of door to rear wheel center and front part of door to center of front wheel. Did this st the museum on Sabys E2) it all seems to be right. The extra lengt is hopefully from front wheel arc and forward? To make room for cooler?

you are right, cooler is bigger and input/output are on center… and need to move the 5th wheel more inside for having place for ventilators…

axle is same… my bad…

73ED59C3-CA03-4B27-A3F9-4ADA90E6433D.jpeg

• Like 1

Berglundracing

:)I have had only focus on the green part and not the red. All mesurement in green area is fine. Look forward to purchase the plastic and be able to continue

IMG_8899.jpeg

Edited by Berglundracing

Ced1610
1 minute ago, Berglundracing said:

:)I have had only focus on the green part and not the red. All mesurement in green area is fine. Look forward to puschase the plastic and be able to continue

IMG_8899.jpeg

yes, otherwise you will do the job two time…

like me…

Berglundracing

Ced1610.

do you have any build thread?