• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jackherer

Reproduction Rear Quarter Window Seals

BamBamGTI

Don't worry, I'm still working on this. I could produce a pattern part quality seal now but as you say it needs to be right so I'm not going to do that.

I'm working on the red trim too, put your name down on my other thread if you're interested.

Have you got a link to the thread?

BamBamGTI

Thanks Gents :P

BamBamGTI

Any updates on progress?

ATK

These would probably be the most useful and important repro part going.....

jackherer

I'm still working on it but an exact replica is far from straightforward and is going to take some time. Like I said before I could produce a functional seal right now but it wouldn't look much like an original one and isn't the aim of this thread.

analog_addict

Are the front door seals worth buying from the French company? They look good from the pictures daza posted.

I've had some example seals sent to me via a few UK companies but none of them are large enough for the 205 door. I don't want to waste 37 euro if I can get a similar generic seal in the UK.

farmer

My motorfacor does an off the shelf seal in a roll.

Am sure its not as wide as the original though.

BamBamGTI

I'm still working on it but an exact replica is far from straightforward and is going to take some time. Like I said before I could produce a functional seal right now but it wouldn't look much like an original one and isn't the aim of this thread.

Thanks. Nice to know it's being done with this aim in mind.

BamBamGTI

Are the front door seals worth buying from the French company? They look good from the pictures daza posted.

I've had some example seals sent to me via a few UK companies but none of them are large enough for the 205 door. I don't want to waste 37 euro if I can get a similar generic seal in the UK.

Are the front seals even still available from Pug? Mine have split at the joint at the corner of the window... If no longer manufactured it'd be an idea to get a thread running on these too...

farmer

As far as am aware at the moment the only rubbers available for the 205 are

Front windscreen

Rear screen glass strip

analog_addict

I've just bought a set of the frontdoor seals daza bought. I've had a few samples from UK companies and none seem to fit as well as the ones he got.

Anything will be better than my current ones but I think £30 is a bit steep, even if delivered from France.

Edited by analog_addict

analog_addict

9 days later and still no seals. Any idea how long they take to arrive?

analog_addict

Just had an email saying the seals have shipped. 2 weeks from ordering to shipping. :angry:

BamBamGTI

Any updates? My o/s passenger footwell has enough water in it after our recent bout of rain to serve as a Thames Water reservior for the south east.

jackherer

The only update right now is that I am looking into a functional but not necessarily visually accurate seal as a short term stopgap.

Miles

I'd ask Peugeot now as the Badges and window seals are being made again, save making the same item twice

jackherer

Really? That's very good news, can you tell us any more? Where did you hear that?

acox99

They don't list the 205

ATK

They do, but the only parts available are the rear quarter badges and the offside weatherstrip/window scraper.

No rear quarter seals listed Craig? Over to you Miles......