• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jackherer

Reproduction Rear Quarter Window Seals

timoth123

I couldnt resist. Just ordered a set.

Daviewonder

I thought we were talking about rear window rubbers so ignore my previous comment.

jackherer

Me too, this thread is going rapidly off topic.

timoth123

to be honest that's what I thought he was talking about (rear window rubber) when he said they arrived. ordered up a set and then realised he was talking about the front door window scrapers once the pics were up. Bugger, I hope they don't need gluing!!!!

daza2020

Yes it may but, in my previous post I did say that the same company did the rear quarter seals and that I had ordered the front door seals. If someone wants to be a guinea pig and order the rear window seals there here;

http://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/joints-deux-custodes-ouvrantes-arrieres-adaptables-portes-xml-236_258_320-2668.html

The front door seals/scrapers the one's I ordered are here;

http://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/lecheurs-deux-vitres-exterieurs-adaptables-pour-modele-portes-xml-236_258_320-2669.html

timoth123

You did indeed say that. I just got too excited and ordered a set before seeing the pics. Oh well, it wasn't too much. And now we have our guinea pig to see what the rear seals come like!!!!

daza2020

Indeed we shall, I will still be ordering from them though but it'll be interesting to see what there like.

timoth123

Fingers crossed the time for them to be delivered isn't too long. I used google translate to order them, but I think it said 48hr delivery. That seems very quick. Id be surprised if there here by the weekend.

farmer

Davie, remember that French website I ordered a seal from and I told you it was utter s*ite.

There it is, seal was a lot thinner and needed to be joined

Be warned for disappointment gents

Rear quarters seals that is, just to keep on track here.

Edited by farmer

timoth123

S&*T!!!!

Just translated the reviews too. not that encouraging.

Damn my excitement!!!!!!!

farmer

Tim

I would of told you if this was good, sorry I never seen this quicker

farmer

Came cut off a roll and very poor quality.

Took ages to get a refund not good.

timoth123

Well, ya live and learn. Thanks though mate.

Like I said, wasn't too expensive. Its not the first impulse buy ive done and it certaintly wont be the last. Will post up pics when they arrive so everyone can see for themselves.

farmer

Never know it may be better.

But what I saw wasn't so clever.

timoth123

Just got confirmation of dispatch. With the help of google translate apparently will be here in 5 working days. I'm prepared for disappointment now! :)

timoth123

Well the seals arrived. And they're exactly like farmer described. Come straight off a larger roll. And do seem slightly smaller. I'll get a pic up later on next to an original seal for comparison.

farmer

Disappointing but inevitable.

jimbob

So what's the opinion on the fronts then gents?

timoth123

Hers a few pics of the seals that came from that company. Completely useless really.

The inside part of the seal

d6b94f1ac0a2aefa731e398c7bf6d278_zpsee21

The outside part, the bit that actually seals

792089f8faf4e5133a98271c083a9326_zpsfc19

Cross section of he original seal, I didn't take one of the new seal for some reason

deef00bb227b11c6c7142e21d854cf61_zpsb445

Back to jackherer, hopefully your still got something in the works for this.

In the mean time I've relieved a rear seal from a 206 xs to try. Looks a similar size by eye. Away from the car for abit now though.

jackherer

That's quite a poor attempt, is there even any metal reinforcement in the panel clip section?

• Like 1

timoth123

There is metal reinforcement on both the original and crap replica seal. Th cross section pic above is of the original pug seal, just the metal but was pulled out.

Also just snuck up to the work shop to try the 206 xs seal, no good. It's too small.

673D16A0-25B0-43D8-8093-DC77E621B2CB_zps

Edited by timoth123

BamBamGTI

Looks like we're back to square one then. Going back to OPs original post, we should really look into getting these parts properly reproduced as said before, many folks here and in the future want to either keep their cars original or refurbish and restore them back to original nick.

Parts really are becoming more of a problem to find as production from Peugeot is long over and after all parts are exhausted, it's really down to us and the owners club to try and get pattern parts produced for future projects and indeed keeping our pride and joy on the road.

Rubbers and plastics will be a problem due to age and general deterioration. Also, things like bumpers and trim is becoming very scarce (still looking for some red rear bumper trim myself after my car was rear-ended).

Gti rear quarter badges with tabs not broken off are about as rare as rocking horse s*it nowadays.

If we as a forum do get these things made up and reproduced, I say we should do it as well as we possibly can, and produce the best quality and nearest match to the originals as we can afford to do. I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is in that respect.

GLPoomobile

Tim, those seals from France can't really be called replicas. They are just a universal seal much like I linked to from Car Builder Solutions on the last page. I hope you didn't pay through the nose getting them from France!

jackherer

Looks like we're back to square one then. Going back to OPs original post, we should really look into getting these parts properly reproduced as said before, many folks here and in the future want to either keep their cars original or refurbish and restore them back to original nick.

Don't worry, I'm still working on this. I could produce a pattern part quality seal now but as you say it needs to be right so I'm not going to do that.

Also, things like bumpers and trim is becoming very scarce (still looking for some red rear bumper trim myself after my car was rear-ended).

I'm working on the red trim too, put your name down on my other thread if you're interested.

danny56712

Im interested in these!