• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Mikey S

Here you go, Grove of Rugby.2dcamo4.jpgThe feint type that is hard to see was for the floor matts, window etching, and the sunroof.

s*it oh s*it oh s*it.............I've just seen the address of the first keeper. I grew up at 22 Throckmorton road, I used to see this car every day as she would pass the house on her way to and from work. I always used to admire it. What a small world!!!!!!

Edited by Mikey S
  • Like 2

dobboy

s*it oh s*it oh s*it.............I've just seen the address of the first keeper. I grew up at 22 Throckmorton road, I used to see this car every day as she would pass the house on her way to and from work. I always used to admire it. What a small world!!!!!!

You are joking me?!!! Lol

That's crazy!

dobboy

Spent the morning cleaning under the front arches, backs of wheels and floor. Got fed up, so will do the back end next weekend. Used autosmart Tardis and Fall Out remover.

lbi2h.jpg

288usdf.jpg

Slo

Car tax £100 for 12 months almost 3 times that now ffs :angry:

welshpug

as are costs of comparative cars, fuel, wages.

Slo

£100 was a s*it load of cash back then though really

Simes

I swapped a brake flexi hose,bled all the brakes and washed under the arches.

toolie72

Must admit I pay mine monthly

A herself won't add it up!!

B I can't forget

C car doesn't go ping on rozzers anpr

Aye that's order of importance lol

Mikey S

You are joking me?!!! Lol

That's crazy!

Honestly I'm not! I used to deliver a local paper there every week! Used to live under a carport, probably explains why it's in such fab condition. I'm thinking she must of sold in the late 90's, how long have you owned it?

Mike

• Like 1

dobboy

Honestly I'm not! I used to deliver a local paper there every week! Used to live under a carport, probably explains why it's in such fab condition. I'm thinking she must of sold in the late 90's, how long have you owned it?

Mike

That is mental! Was she decent looking? ????

I've had it for 4 yrs I think. It wasn't in as good shape when I got it, but it was generally in good nick and rust free. I've had it painted etc and changed more or less everything on it that wears.

I imagine the first owner will be in her 50's maybe even 60's about now, maybe even older!

Mikey S

That is mental! Was she decent looking?

I've had it for 4 yrs I think. It wasn't in as good shape when I got it, but it was generally in good nick and rust free. I've had it painted etc and changed more or less everything on it that wears.

I imagine the first owner will be in her 50's maybe even 60's about now, maybe even older!

Not particularly!!

It looks bloody lovely, its a credit it to you! Id have thought she would be in her 60's now, may pop round and show her the photos! Lol.

• Like 1

dobboy

Not particularly!!

It looks bloody lovely, its a credit it to you! Id have thought she would be in her 60's now, may pop round and show her the photos! Lol.

Thanks Mikey

You think she might still be there?

Can you ask her where she put the Grove key ring that came with it? I've searched everywhere in the car lol

I bought it in South Shields from a boy racer who only had it a few weeks. He had bought it from a fireman ifrom Newcastle who had owned it a few years I think. So it's made it's way up north (now Lanarkshire) over its life and various owners

My god, ive found their phone number, so they must still live there.

Do you think it would be toooo weird to chap their door? Lol

They'd probably think wtf?!

I'd love a copy of any old pics the have of it.

Bogsye

Spent the morning cleaning under the front arches, backs of wheels and floor. Got fed up, so will do the back end next weekend. Used autosmart Tardis and Fall Out remover.

lbi2h.jpg

288usdf.jpg

That looks good Jack - Wheel finish looks nice. Did you get them done locally?

wicked

And what color (code) did you use?

Really nice!

dobboy

Bogseye, they were done over 3years ago at wheelproscotland near Easterhouse. They've done a few sets for me now and always been good with quick service too. £45 a 15" wheel and guaranteed for a year.

Wicked, I'm not sure, iirc it was a/the BMW silver wheel colour at the time, sorry that's all I remember.

Acid dipped, built up, powder coated, painted and lacquered.

Miles

Moved it 20 Yards, 14 year old Fuel still working well :lol:

Bogsye

Thanks Jack - had the 205 done locally but it wasn't that good. Saab needs done as I'm fed up pumping up tyres every other week.

Thanks Jack - had the 205 done locally but it wasn't that good. Saab needs done as I'm fed up pumping up tyres every other week.

Alan77

Got an MOT!, 2 front brake hoses and the front copper lines renewed, apart from that, no advisories.

changingman

Washed and T Cutted mine as it's going in for an oil leak and to get the gauges working on Saturday,then it's off to Bedford Autodrome in a few weeks to get its ass thrashed????????????

post-9565-0-42563100-1494963435_thumb.png

Edited by changingman

barneys66

Took it back to the workshop to swap it with the Golf as MoT for that tomorrow.

So, the Golf hasn't turned a wheel in 12 months, and on the 19 mile drive back home I see TWO 205s!! Only ever seen one whilst out in mine..

DSC_2207_zpsewmvjhec.jpg

• Like 2

pp205

Replaced my front bumper that was cracked after a neighbour kindly drove into it. Whilst it was off I also replaced the driving lights for a new set of denjis. Looks so much better now!

Gaz205

Took it back to the workshop to swap it with the Golf as MoT for that tomorrow.

So, the Golf hasn't turned a wheel in 12 months, and on the 19 mile drive back home I see TWO 205s!! Only ever seen one whilst out in mine..

DSC_2207_zpsewmvjhec.jpg

The 205 looks tiny next to the tiny golf!!

barneys66

It's certainly a lot lower ????

And the Golf handles terribly in comparison - got a swift reminder of that on the first bend ????

jackherer

A tiny amount of lowering can make cars look a lot smaller in some circumstances. I used my mates Clio 172 to go to the local shop in recently and when I returned it was 2/3rds the size of the other cars around it.

post-3-0-58349800-1495446765_thumb.jpg

I thought it was an optical illusion caused by the roof line being lower but Barney's Golf doesn't have a roof line so I think the ground clearance and amount of air under the car contributes to the effect.

Gaz205

Got my car back today after 6 weeks in the body shop and it sailed straight through an MOT. Bit of an anticlimax really as for 12 months I've been hoarding parts and fixings to get to this day, now I've got it in the garage needing little doing to it. ????