• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Tom Fenton

51781839-6CEB-4676-971B-D135B4CD04E1_zps

Come to work in it

• Like 1

Anthony

With the MOT looming and Peugeot dragging their heels supplying a replacement rack bush (been on order since February with an ever-slipping due date), I begrudgingly swapped the steering rack over for a spare standard one I had.

I'd forgotten just how dim-witted 205's feel by comparison with a non-PAS (3.9 turn) rack fitted :(

Still, hacking to work in the 205 with sunshine pouring in through the sunroof makes Monday morning an altogether more pleasurable experience.

• Like 1

JamPug

Technically yesterday but went to a lovely car meet.

FA6A59BB-CB03-46D7-91EC-94D3310FAF69.jpg

• Like 1

woodymi16

Broke mine

post-17804-0-99774400-1491856619_thumb.jpg

The hole in the block is quite big, this is the only bit that was found :-(((

barneys66

Popped to workshop for some general pottering, and saw my mate Mick working on his pro street P100.

Pretty sure I can take him on the twisty bits, but with 600+ bhp before the sniff I think he'll get me on the straights..

DSC_2122_zps1wp0ihsw.jpg

DSC_2121_zpsbezkdtkz.jpg

AlexRS2782

Had a full exterior mini detail done on the car as it was in need of a bit of love given the layer of gunk that had started to build up from the past year.

Plus point is that the car now looks lovely and clean with a nice shine on nearly all of the car, however the down side is that the areas where the lacquer has gone on the front doors and the paint faded are now more obvious than they were a year ago :(

Leon

Started filling and sanding the roof to take out some dents (next job is those rust blisters)

Now it no longer leaks, started refitting the interior

post-7297-0-71093500-1492244668_thumb.jpg

post-7297-0-21402800-1492244685_thumb.jpg

cRaig

(Kinda) Went for a drive.... :D

34055719075_4cbcfc08e4_c.jpg

• Like 1

allye

Nice barge Craig, seen the new v90's!? :o

cRaig

Nice barge Craig, seen the new v90's!? :o

Yeah, the parents traded in their 407 a couple of years ago for it, and its probabaly the best car decision they have ever made! Makes a fantastic towcar, andeven makes quite a nice 5-pot noise, even in diesel form.

The new Volvo interiors are amazing! Very much want! :D

Justin

Got it ready for the summer after not using it for a few months...fitted a set of freshly refurbished Speedlines to it which look fab.

Then fitted a set of Stew's silicone coolant hoses to it. Drove it home from the yard where it's kept - it drove really well and reminded me why I love it and how different it is to the daily drivel. Had lovely conversations in Sainsbury's carpark and the petrol station with randomers who used to / had a mate who / always wanted "one of those"...

Parked on driveway and noticed a massive puddle of gearbox oil - it's pissing out of the o/s driveshaft seal. Bastard thing! Any tips for cleaning gearbox oil off of tarmac?!

Simes

Drive it day today.

I drove it with all the family onboard!

steve@cornwall

Discovered the metal coolant pipe on the cti has rusted through. Seemed ok when i mocked up the pipework a couple months ago, now has a very visible hole through it!

16v205

Pulled engine, box, suspension, rear beam and brake lines off the car. Found a few holes that need patching including a strange one the size of a golf ball on the transmission tunnel where it joins the bulk head. Looks like my quick refresh is going to take a bit longer than anticipated.

Bogsye

Finished off fabricating my bodyshell roller - Now turnable and portable.

Gotta swap the 205 and Cerb around in the garage to service the TVR. Once that's done I'll be popping the 205 onto it's side and getting it cleaned and welded up :)

dobboy

Done a coolant flush and change.

pugboyracer

Put it up for sale.

Feel f***ing devastated.

Gaz205

Put it up for sale.

Feel f***ing devastated.

Isn't that a sign to keep it?!

Anthony

My '90 1.9 GTi passed its MOT with no advisories :D

• Like 2

pugboyracer

Isn't that a sign to keep it?!

It is.

Took it out yesterday just to wash it and empty my stuff out. Ended up doing a 120 mile cross country run.

Taking it off eBay tonight. :blush:

• Like 3

Anthony

It is.

Took it out yesterday just to wash it and empty my stuff out. Ended up doing a 120 mile cross country run.

Great news! You've had that car so long now that surely it must almost count as family, so would be a shame to sell it unless you really needed the space/money.

• Like 1

j_turnell

As above you can't sell it Mark! You should try and get to Pugfest this year ;)

• Like 1

Gaz205

It is.

Good lad ????

• Like 1

Telf

Not so much what I did but had some good news yesterday. My drivers side sill isn't a Swiss cheese like the nearside so only 1 sill to replace. It's the small victories!

• Like 1

JamPug

AFBCBA67-BFF1-468A-8D65-4AEA121FDB8A.jpg Gave her a good wash before MOT and .......

It failed ????