• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Leslie green

Nice laser Chris cant wait to take mine to a show but its a long way off and a lot of spending is needed.

Took my sunroof cassette out after drilling out 25 rivets, why could they not just fix it on with screws like earlier cars ! Broke the pin on sunroof handle despite beimg careful ...another day another plastic bit broke lol

chris 417 mi
26 minutes ago, Leslie green said:

Nice laser Chris cant wait to take mine to a show but its a long way off and a lot of spending is needed.

Took my sunroof cassette out after drilling out 25 rivets, why could they not just fix it on with screws like earlier cars ! Broke the pin on sunroof handle despite beimg careful ...another day another plastic bit broke lol

Cheers ;) 

You will get there just don’t give up ! 
And this is probs why whoever did a spray on mine just masked the sunroof off and sprayed round it then :( 

Planning on sorting my engine bay this winter so mine might be in bits depending what I find 

• Like 1

wicked

Got a new roof on the CTI... Very pleased with it. 

34f129c3-6832-4c16-8985-b5e997c32143.jpg

• Like 1

Gohn

new wheels ..yay

off with the old pepperpots (nice rims but no bastard centre hole)

these STDT/Gentry rims bought from a 405 owner in terrible shape

was in a rush so just paid and thought they were good until I got them home and had a look

they were messy, but couldn't throw them out so just sat em in a corner

they usually have centre covers which dont look great, are very expensive and fall off

picking a colour from tiny swatches is like a fekkin lottery,

just wanted a regular silver, but the first colour came out like undercoat !

good question - well this one's Asteroid Pearl

it'll do

rimmer.jpg

boldy205

Loaded back on the trailer for a trip to Thruxton tomorrow!:D it's going to be warm!!!!

Wallby
On 7/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, boldy205 said:

Loaded back on the trailer for a trip to Thruxton tomorrow!:D it's going to be warm!!!!

I was there for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! I was there with a mate in a DC5 Integra, not much difference in a lap between our cars, so was great hanging onto his rear bumper for lap after lap!

How did you find it?

Robbiedundy

Cleaned up my wheel bolts and fitted new centre caps, do I go for the spoke sticker or not? :huh:

20220716_123834.jpg

Anthony
45 minutes ago, Dundy53 said:

Cleaned up my wheel bolts and fitted new centre caps, do I go for the spoke sticker or not? :huh:

I reckon yes, in silver.

• Like 1

boldy205
11 hours ago, Wallby said:

I was there for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! I was there with a mate in a DC5 Integra, not much difference in a lap between our cars, so was great hanging onto his rear bumper for lap after lap!

How did you find it?

Had a brilliant day with my mate (Jer309 on here). Great variety of cars from road stuff to full on race cars. Managed to do 120 miles in that hot weather.

Seem to be a lot of Civics, Integra's and RX8s. Never been a fan of the RX8, but I can see the potential in them now!

Roll on Combe in September!

• Like 1

Robbiedundy

Gave her a well deserved wash, do you think it's sitting a bit high?

20220722_124232.jpg

Ozymandis

It looks fine, nice colour too.

• Like 1

jord294
8 hours ago, Dundy53 said:

Gave her a well deserved wash, do you think it's sitting a bit high?

20220722_124232.jpg

Imho, yes. Needs lowering 

• Like 1

welshpug

Hard to tell with fisheye, makes the wheels look like they're  not on the car!

• Like 1

Anthony
On 7/24/2022 at 6:48 PM, jord294 said:

Imho, yes. Needs lowering 

Agreed - the front looks lowered, the rear looks to be not much lower than standard height.  The height of the arches differs front and rear that skews it at a glance, but if you follow the line of the red strip and where that line meets the wheel/tyre you can see that it's noticeably lower at the front.

Assuming that the front is the height you want it, I'd guess that the rear needs to come down maybe 15mm or so (say 5-6mm less between shock centres) to allow for a little front-rear rake to remain.

Looks smart though! :) 

• Like 2

Robbiedundy

Cheers guys, it's on eibach Pro springs but it has been sitting on axle stands for about 9 years maybe they need to settle a little? :lol: I'll adjust the rear 

boldy205

Finally replaced drivers side door pins with new ones (bought from a forum member about 4 years ago!)

Door shuts lovely now!! 

AlexRS2782

For mine recently - full service via Miles @ Pug Racing including getting the full set of Brembo discs & pads, that i'd bought in May, fitted to replace the old Black Diamond setup.  Much nicer bite on the brakes now.  At the same time had the rear bumper mount brackets, bolts, etc, replaced so the rear bumper is now sitting where it should be rather than uneven as it had been the last few years after a former neighbour took a liking to tapping it when parking.

And today, after many years of having it stored in the loft attached to a spare front bumper, finally decided to get on and fit the O.E red moulding back on the car to replace the aftermarket red one that's been on the car for over a decade since i replaced the front bumper way back when.  Although that was mainly spurred on by the aftermarket plastic one finally cracking / splitting on the driver side corner having probably been finished off with the last couple of recent hot spells.

Front end of the car now looks much nicer - next up get the driving lights sorted and maybe get the lower aspect front & bumpers resprayed to repair the stone chips, old exhaust burn, etc.

Leslie green

Got my car back from the painter after getting the floor painted inside and out 

52314798273_0726dfa8a7_k.jpgIMG_20220827_122719 by Leslie, on Flickr

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

boldy205

Fitted new door pins and lubricated the door locks......small things make all the difference!

boldy205

Took it to Castle combe for a track day today. Had a few issues, all resolved apart from the misfire, which seems to be worse!

Great day overall though!!

Steve205

Passed the NCT today. 2 years 'til next test.  Needed new ball joint on offside and lights needed adjustment. Not bad for a 33 year old. Took her to Dingle for a spin to celebrate. Happy out...

Screenshot_20220906-185002_Photos.jpg

• Haha 1

Reebmit

Fitted a new clutch cable and speedo cable to the 8 valve 

Simes

Went to fix the horn, realised the rear window heater doesn't work either.

Suspect fuseboard is being silly as the F8 to M13 doesn't work.

Found an old fuseboard which works......next job replace!

SRDT
23 hours ago, Simes said:

Found an old fuseboard which works......next job replace!

There is a way to fix the F8 problem, you just need a soldering iron and a bit of tin. With that it will be as good as new.

The spare fusebox on the other hand will have the same problem sooner or later.

• Like 1

wicked
12 hours ago, SRDT said:

There is a way to fix the F8 problem, you just need a soldering iron and a bit of tin. With that it will be as good as new.

The spare fusebox on the other hand will have the same problem sooner or later.

How do I dismantle a fuse box without breaking stuff?