• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Slo

I think mine was caused by 2 wires rubbed through the insulation,mine has been garaged since last october so is very dry.Thanks for the info though,so much for mine still having the standard remote locking all working.I was going to try and get hold of another reciever and swap the main chips over because i guess the code is probably stored in one of these.Anyone know if this could work?

Yes it will work did it numerous times on my 605 keyfob, also had bare wires going to my roof ir sensor where id bared them off to touch together to get the doors to unlock and immobiliser to release in the past when i lost my first fob! Guess i was very lucky as it was like it for over 7 years lol

pugdamo

Yes it will work did it numerous times on my 605 keyfob, also had bare wires going to my roof ir sensor where id bared them off to touch together to get the doors to unlock and immobiliser to release in the past when i lost my first fob! Guess i was very lucky as it was like it for over 7 years lol

Thankyou,ill get a wanted post up then.

welshpug

Spent all day helping AdamB put his 306 track/rally car together.

Brake lines done, wiring fitted, bumper front panel & lights, rear lights, all the brake lines, both track rods and rod ends, hydraulic hanbrake, steering column, blower controls, coolant in, exhaust on.

Fired it up :D

Alan77

Went foraging at the scrappy, got a great condition rear strip for £5 :D

post-14615-0-90886400-1394471869_thumb.jpg

pyrrhic

I went to a scrap yard near Schweinfurt today, and got a few goodies. For 100 euro I got a good 309 rear axle in good shape (brakes are seized but bearings were good, it has thick red torsion bars, and minimal rust!), got some CIBIE driving lights without cracks off a 206, window switches and Bougicord spark plug wires off the aforementioned 309.

hoodygoodwood

Changed the oil and filter on my 406 estate . Sprayed some more oil onto the door handle mechanism of my Goodwood then ran the engine until warm .Had a major sort out of all my spare alloys , 4 Ouragans , about 10 Speedlines and lots of tyres - threw a couple away because of cracking .Will be getting a set of Speedlines refurbed to Goodwood spec this year .

jesse390

Reversed mine off ramps into wall. smashed bumper(new) gutted. Was changing lower grpA fork bush to standard.

TooMany2cvs

Reversed mine off ramps into wall. smashed bumper(new) gutted. Was changing lower grpA fork bush to standard.

<ooof>

We've all done similar... I reversed the VW camper off ramps and hooked the towball through the 205's bumper last winter. Fortunately, the only real casualty was the number plate.

Supersport2

Stripping mine down and finding much more rust than I expected!!! Gutted!

But I have been offered a mi16 engined car, that sound, in better condition! What to do?!!?!

welshpug

Keep on trucking, anything can be fixed, as long as its straight enough.

Juttie205

Finally got my dimma turned over on the stand so will soon be making a start on removing floor after nearly 4months not touching the car really should pull my finger out.

Rich_p

bought some negative camber front hubs for the 309. I may fit them sometime this year!

AlexRS2782

Spent the afternoon polishing the tip (ooh er) ....... of my OMP exhaust as I noticed the winter weather had allowed it to get quite a lot of surface oxidation - bit of work and it's nice & shiny again :)

Juttie205

Finally got the dimma on my spit only took 4 months now just got to find time and enthusiasm to get on with it.

• Like 1

Daviewonder

I Plasticared a rear badge.

speno

Finally got the dimma on my spit only took 4 months now just got to find time and enthusiasm to get on with it.

I'm doing the same this weekend

Going try some soda blasting too

• Like 1

Supersport2

Taken one apart to break, and bought a mi16 engined 205! Need to sell some bits so I can fund the mi paint job!

Slo

Wetsanded my bonnet but went a bit overboard so painted it again twice - bloody primer grrr

GLPoomobile

I sorted my fuel lines yesterday and got the 205 running again (with a fresh gallon of petrol) for the first time in well over 18 months. Moved it around the carpark and left a nice tyre mark due to the rear ns wheel locking up. Jacked it up and span the wheel by hand back and forth until the drum fre3d off. Driving it again was an eye opener, it feels so agricultural with a high steering wheel position and no power steering. It feels every bit as neglected as it is too.

Recovery truck booked for mon to move it to my garage.

• Like 1

Daviewonder

Changed the timing belt and tensioner on my 1.6. Turns out the previous owner had left the two 11mm nuts on the tensioner undone and one had fallen off. Lucky it hadn't got caught up in the belt. He also decided the car didn't need 3 of the 4 pieces of timing belt cover. I managed to find 2 pieces in the pile of spares at home but I still need to get the centre piece.

farmer

Davie send me over the part number you need as I have new and used covers up in the loft, am sure I have the middle one new * 2 now.

• Like 1

welshpug

nothing on the 205 (wont be for some time, concentrating on the ZX as soon as the Puglet has relinquished its grip on the workshop!!)

Took apart a few rear beams, moved dozens of wheels about, found a few bits to try and get some cash in to progress the projects.

Daviewonder

I also rubbed down my other 3 quarter panel badges, sprayed them in textured bumper paint, just got to plasticare them and apply decals.

allanallen

G3'd my supercharged car and brought it home! That brings the count up to 3 205s, a 309 and a BMW sat on my drive! Eeek!

welshpug

counted the sets of wheels kicking about, eek! :ph34r: