• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Richie-Van-GTi

Managed a bit more today, removed the engine loom, ECU and tachy relay in one piece, looks in good order but will be replaced with motronic loom anyway.

Removed an old immobiliser and managed to return the in cab loom back to standard.

Inspected the lighting loom and all looks to be good as well.

Took the gear selector and handbrake out so they can have some TLC as well and got the freshly sand blasted strut top mounts in a bath of deox.

Bit a bad days graft

Alan_M

Bought my 205 a friend.......Anthony/Feb/Pauls old F reg 205 GTi in white as written about here. Plan is to put it back to standard, maybe with a tinkered XU5JA and a few other choice mods.

• Like 1

tartanbloke

Did some prodding and found bodge jobs I need to sort.....and learn to weld.

Before and after photos attached. 

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

Tom Fenton

Someone previously has done you no favours there by filling over rust! The sill I would try and let a piece in to repair that if the rest of the panel is sound. Whilst there I'd also dig out the lower rear quarter and see what is hiding there behind that sealer/gobbo!

Is the other area in the rear footwell? That's an easier repair to be honest as its a reasonably flat piece that is needed.

Richie-Van-GTi

Yesterday she went to the shot blasters for engine bay clean out, picked up this morning and taken to the painters but mutually agreed to send back to the welders for a bit more titivation, blasting exposed some thing bits and bodged bits.

IMG_20190219_091726.jpg

tartanbloke
2 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Someone previously has done you no favours there by filling over rust! The sill I would try and let a piece in to repair that if the rest of the panel is sound. Whilst there I'd also dig out the lower rear quarter and see what is hiding there behind that sealer/gobbo!

Is the other area in the rear footwell? That's an easier repair to be honest as its a reasonably flat piece that is needed.

Yep, I am finding lots of lovely surprises the more I prod and remove for inspection. It is the rear footwell on the passenger side and seems reasonably easy if not time consuming but the bodywork is still better than the Mini I used to have.

Richie-Van-GTi

@tartanbloke have a look at my build thread, just had my sills and quarters done, will give you an idea on what usually lurks behind. Definatley worth doing as so much strength to be lost on that region. Also has a few floor patches but mainly from it being a rally car previously

Richie-Van-GTi

Todays progress, its now back from the welders again and back at the body shop again :P

4ll5op

I used threaded u clips to fix my drivers sun visor

Callum

Did a 2 stage polish then put on a coat of wax and dressed the trims and tyres 

20190223_161042.jpg

• Like 2

xstian

I got the charge cooler plumbed in today. I'm nearly ready to fire the car back up after a new cylinder head, turbo rebuild and the charge cooler conversion. 

I'm not sure where I'm going to mount the air filter yet.

IMG_20190225_131746.jpg

IMG_20190225_135438.jpg

• Like 2

Luke

Limped back home after a coolant pipe burst on the M4! :(

Time for nice new silicon hoses 

woodymi16

Finally junked the awful aftermarket sunroof on my track car and riveted a plate on

473F6C1F-BEB6-4E9F-A583-5332DE9598BF.thumb.jpeg.b6f61418fb1d4e88fabca1e777b69fb6.jpeg

Doc 205

Prep’d my bonnet for spraying. After getting an eye-watering quote from a body shop for spraying it, I thought I’d just give it a go myself. Primer, paint, and lacquer on their way from a well known online auction site. How hard can it be...:unsure:

Telf

Discovered it apparently takes a week to fit all the components in the engine bay when you have no idea what nut/bracket and bolt went where!!!

received_421270551766146.jpeg

• Like 3

T-bay

Made a ‘to do list’ after passing it’s first MoT with me on Friday. New rear shocks and some protection work on the boot floor arebthe priority. And then find some nice original Peugeot alloys for it.

SRDT

Changed the alternator and belt on the XUD7T... it was on my 309 so the alternator setup is the regular one and not the 205's space saving nightmare ^_^

Rock Lobster

No work on the car but I did butcher and cam pulley to make some brackets :D

C86B68F9-42B0-43CE-8F62-548C1B3EF115.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

boldy205
22 hours ago, Rock Lobster said:

No work on the car but I did butcher and cam pulley to make some brackets :D

C86B68F9-42B0-43CE-8F62-548C1B3EF115.jpeg

Very cool!!

• Thanks 1

Doc 205

Given that it was the first dry day in the west of Scotland since about last August I went out and sprayed my bonnet. Not bad from out of a can. Quite pleased with the result. 

33746910-E774-4A82-972F-2C4893F94805.jpeg

AlexRS2782

Ticked another couple of items off the future rebuild list by buying a new set of o.e bump stops including the cups & fittings.

Also bought the carpet underlay kit from Newton Commercial as based on the water ingress i've had over the years i doubt the original stuff will be in any sort of decent condition and is probably pretty manky by now.

Still debating whether or not to fit the retro '90's Momo Corse steering wheel i've had in the loft for years, stick with the o.e wheel or use the newer OMP wheel i had in my old Saxo track car.

Gaz205

Took it to the garage for a tune up in mint condition , 2 days later approx a grands plus worth of dent and scrape... not happy!

Doc 205

Fitted my newly painted bonnet and took it for a spin for the first time in a while. Had a wee nibble at an mx5, which was fun. 

Think I might need to look at one of the drive shafts, as I’m getting horrible vibrations turning right. 

B7024294-6533-45A4-99FF-48887E15F2EF.jpeg

Richie-Van-GTi

not today but Friday, dyed the side mouldings (will need a 2nd coat) and got the plenum built back up with gti6 throttlebody, map sensor and ICV machined in. Also finished shimming the head with the new Catcam.

56739342_571420846677492_1991185342807408640_n.jpg

56942468_349743665885659_8594002218087088128_n.jpg

• Haha 1