• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

Anthony

Will look even better when you realign that wonky headlight ;)

Clear indicators were inroduced with the Phase 2 changes in late 1990 on an H-plate. I suspect that you might be getting confused as some of the "Phase 2" updates such as black seats, BE3 gearboxes and inlet mounted coils did appear on late Phase 1.5 models on a 1990/G plate, and so many cars have been swapped that it would be quite understandable to assume that it was also changed at the same time.

d7ve_b

Very nice....not that I'm biased!!

Top%20right.jpg

BlueBolt

Very nice!! Wheels look great too!!

BlueBolt

Well, thanks to this thread, and a part from Baz, I am now with working washer jets. Once I've sorted the direction of them they'll be useful too lol:

Out with the old and in with the replacement:

39cc172e.jpg

Track wheels are also now nearly done... Well the fronts are anyway!!

765ab681.jpg

Just a few little sprays with the can to complete them, but didn't want to end up with runs on them to be sanding back so left them for now.

First attempt at spraying up a set of wheels, and I'm glad they're only track wheels as I don't need to care or worry about the outcome of them. They'll be winter tired up in the winter and track tires in the summer, should help with the daily use of the car throughout the year I think...

Edit:

I still have not got a working rear wiper!! Got the rear Jet, but no wiper working!! Am thinking I'm just gonna remove it as I can't be doing with spending any further money on her at the moment...!!

Edited by BlueBolt

welshpug

check the relay, its in the tailgate.

BlueBolt

check the relay, its in the tailgate.

Yea I saw that, but have no idea how to "check" it, it looks good with no signs of melting or anything, but that's as far as my knowledge of relays goes really lol

welshpug

a, does it have power.

b, does it get the switching signal.

c, does it have a good earth.

d, does it click.

e, does that click actually transmit power out of the relevant terminal.

f, does the power get to the motor.

g, does the motor actually turn if you give it 12v.

simple!

BlueBolt

Kewl, when you put it like that it is simple... Will check all of the above at some point

• Like 1

harryskid

I hope your looking after my spoiler lol !

BlueBolt

I hope your looking after my spoiler lol !

Hahahahaha

:lol:

Would it spoil it if I painted it lilac?? Lmao

Edited by BlueBolt

Daviewonder
207561ed.jpg

That's better ;)

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Ok, so a few updates to make I guess...

First off is the splitter...

Found originally on a Volvo estate, cut down to size and screwed into the valence...

DSC_0304.jpg

I know, it's a bit on the deep side of things!! But I like it, and haven't come in contact with any humps... Yet!!

Had my first track experience at Donington on Sunday at FCS. Enjoyed that a lot!! Going to go and do one at Brands with a few mates sooner or later!! That being said, I did over cook the brakes on the first run out in the morning::

DSC_0453.jpg

I quickly got back in and straight back out to get some air to them so as to cool them down, only I find my mate in his Clio Williams replica with bodies and cam chasing up my rear end...

Thanks to the R888's I had on the front (thank you Baz) I had traction, and lots of it, on the front end, but thought (stupidly) that the T1R's would be alright to keep the lightweight rear end planted... How wrong was I!! Over did it on the way up the hill into one of the right handers and before I knew it was full on sideways and heading towards the grass...

Red flag out, to clear the turf off the track and I was straight back out, thinking more about my approach to the corners, where I was positioning myself on track and where and when to be putting the power down...!!

I didn't manage to use track cams in the morning due to rain, but I did in the afternoon, but not or long enough to bother putting up as the camera shut itself off after about 25 mins and I'd been sat waiting to go on for ages...!!

Have been out tonight and put a different set of clocks in the car... Think she's now the lowest showing mileage gti I have ever seen.. Ever!!!::

57a32c0a.jpg

Quite simple to get them to this stage!! The object of which I will leave to the imagination, unless you pm me to ask...!!

Other than a few graphics on the rear window (1x PugRacing.com. 1x Dinington track. 1x ITB's inside), the splitter, and the wheels for track use only that's the only updates I have at the monent... Other than the stripping of the interior rear and audition of some nice harnesses, which I don't feel is worth the picture of...

Wheels look alright for track wheels, not perfect but I don't want them perfect for the required job::

f955cce6.jpg

18b02de7.jpg

Centre cap detailing done by my other half as I haven't got a steady enough hand to do it lol

harryskid

Miles did Pug racing on my side rear side windows and i only just noticed tonight he put one on my roll cage and that was from last Augest :lol: goes well with the rest of my sign writing. As your now into grass cutting your welcome to call and cut mine :lol:

BlueBolt

As your now into grass cutting your welcome to call and cut mine :lol:

:lol: thanks, I'll try to remember that one lol

BlueBolt

Bit more today, nothing actually mechanical though, just a bit more on the "styling" front...

Was meant to get up, get cracking with the wishbone bushes, but ended up being allowed to sleep in till about 1 :) (very rare these days with kids!!)

So I went out to the car, armed with a bag or bits to play...

Off came the grill, and used something I NEVER use to shine it up:

f730c278.jpg

(sorry, can't turn the pic)

As you can see, I've removed the badge and managed to keep all the pins on the rear in tact :)

Then on went the black::

fbdd248f.jpg

No... I haven't buggered it up!!

The tin behind is what I've used, and it's basically so I can decide if I like it. If I don't like it I will be pealing the black back off again!! Hence having to use the meg' polish which I've never used before and probably won't again till I need to do the bonet (possibly tomorrow??)

So while I'm in the mood for painting and spraying, I thought I'd take the scuttle (or is it a k??) off and paint that too. Not with the PlasiDip, but with the remainder of the black satin I had from the wheels::

4e217a28.jpg

Grass now looks like this:

5d79c838.jpg

Car now looks like this::

1d839bea.jpg

f663000a.jpg

Not major, not at all. But nice little touches...

The badge is drying having been sprayed with the black satin, and I'll update on that tomorrow after my other half has finished doing what I want her to do to it later tonight!!

For now though, am actually quite happy with it :)

Edited by BlueBolt

BlueBolt

Today's bits done too now....

So, not being afraid of the rain I took the bonnet off and got it covered up just in time for the rain::

IMG_23431.jpg

Got the bonnet into the communal lobby to the flats and got some paper down around it...

0863efe7.jpg

And with that, promptly sprayed it there!! No wind, no dust, no hassle!!

a93ceabf.jpg

I haven't taken a picture of it on the car as yet, but that's mainly because it's not finished. Needs another layer really as it's not quite evenly coated and I'm a bit fussy. If I decide I don't like it I can still peel it off again as it's with the same PlastiDip stuff I used on the grill...

Also managed to get these little bad boys in::

58a933dc.jpg

Seals to the bottom of the brake fluid reservoir. I want to change the mc at some point for the new one I have in the cupboard, but haven't got enough fluid at the moment to be doing this so have changed the seals for now... Mc will be done in the next month or so (before evening session at Brands!!)

dcc

Chris before you put your bonnet back on, will you flat it down and re spray it a few more times. I love the look of a matt black bonnet, but needs to be perfect!

BlueBolt

The wonders of the PlasiDip stuff is that you don't flat it down, it's not perfect at the moment, but it's back on and will get completed when I get another can of spray... Easy enough to take off and put back on so not a massive problem. If I can't get it right I'll peel the black off and leave it blue

miamichris

I can't believe you just sprayed that bonnet in lobby for your flats, god help you if your neighbours/landlord seen that! :lol:

• Like 2

BlueBolt

Neighbours saw me, they're alright... I had newspaper all round the edges, and opened the doors at either end to get the fumes out once I had finished.

My neighbours are used to me playing with my car, I sprayed the scuttle yesterday on the communal grass out the front of my flat, which had got loads on the grass, my parking spot is pretty waterproof from all the oil and general fluids on the brick paving...

I'm sure they all hate me but none of them say anything and they all talk to me while I'm doing stuff :) guess I'm quite lucky lol

Oh, and my landlord are tw@'s!! I have a shared ownership flat and the landlord people are rubbish for anything!! So they're not likely to say or do anything :)

BlueBolt

So... It's been an age since I've had an update to this, so it's about time I did. But, to be fair, there's not really been much to update about.

The wheels are all now black, and have all been put on the car::

0F05FC7B-43CF-4DBE-8B5E-D06599B8D354-1298-00000142BA59863F_zpsb7c806ed.jpg

Whilst completing these I was also preparing a lovely tidy auto bonnet which is many thanks to Cameron:

163430DE-8A68-4250-AA5F-6D373F1CBD4A-1949-000002046325FA85.jpg

D120E7AA-B004-46BD-A669-177CC8F39BCA-1949-000002046792597C.jpg

Half hour rub down whilst my boy was sleeping left me like this::

9C459719-CB8A-473D-B3DE-1B8A1F0DA8F1-1949-000002046BD39934.jpg

So the following day I continued with the wheels above, and gave the bonnet a quick blast with some primer, and had the front room like this::

6BD50B59-92DA-4842-A2F9-A3DE3396360F-1298-00000142C5287C3A_zpsc8e55e88.jpg

Both wheels pictured were wet, as was the bonnet!! No, I wasn't brave enough to paint it in the flat!!

(Picture heavy update so I'll do it in bits!!)

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Following on to this the next few days were a haze of painting!!

DD13C831-F88B-4F08-B15C-19F501C2E84E-1298-00000142F13C18EE_zps63ec6014.jpg

First lot on::

761C31D9-7313-4754-A2CB-8DEF67A0025F-1298-00000142F602CBEA_zpse67cd0bf.jpg

Rub down, another coat

06D6CAAA-6AF6-412B-B472-2FAE48153073-1298-000001432AAD83CF_zpsa079a6c8.jpg

I then learnt a vital lesson in bodywork!! If you're not happy with the finish of the paint any you're going for the Satin Black effect, then don't rub it down too much!! Else it ends up not being very satin, and slightly more shiney!!!

A1257C63-8B5A-4F01-BA7D-4DE687E812CD-4227-0000035ABE0234DA.jpg

So then it comes round to yesterday, and it's raining buckets outside!! Yes, I have done all spraying so far outside as I haven't got a garage I can use to do anything in over a few days and as the weather was nice for a while I thought I would make the most of it!!

I figured that as I had done the PlastiDip coating in the hallway to the flats that I would do the same with this too!!

0C3E41A8-93BB-4835-9273-625FB169ABDF-4227-0000035AC663E8CD.jpg

I had cleared away all the newspaper before taking this pic obviously!! Still not 100% happy with the finish, I stood it up today and finished it. Again inside the hallway to all the flats::

23547D18-87D7-4145-BD71-BA84022D4F49-4227-0000035AD7A5153B.jpg

If my landlord had been round I would have been shot for sure!! But it's warm, dry, dust free, and breeze free. Till it was painted at least and then I have to open the doors at either end and let out all the gasses!! :lol:

In the mean time of sorting the bonnet, the wheels went on the car!!

5DCC4B1B-2C82-4F93-8791-C903364A3E3B-4227-0000035ABBA016B3.jpg

73ED5555-84CC-495C-8CA2-EAEA9D8D568B-1298-0000014320693B1B_zpsdbb82a9c.jpg

Edited by BlueBolt

BlueBolt

Then, having seen this thread I promptly purchased some and have sorted the grill out too!!

F9422D87-78CD-46E8-8007-E600727F1023-4333-0000036DF0932C84.jpg

That's it for today.

All that's left to do is wait for the bonnet to dry for a couple of days, paint up the lions on the centre caps for the front wheels, and get it all put on!!

Then it's winter and I'll be doing a bare minimum to her over the winter months other than saving for a few bits, and seeing what I can get the mrs to buy me for Christmas in the way of a cage or something like that........

Pics will follow when all these parts are fitted though, and as soon as I find a nice day to go and take some pics somewhere!!

BlueBolt

Today I had another new lesson!!!

When changing the bonnet, the bolt that holds it shut needs to be at different lengths per car.

In order to change the length of it, it is actually incredibly easy to do with a set of pipe grips for the large nut holding it tight... Unscrew... Tighten up again!!

Yesterday I put the grill back on::

20701501-DFDA-4586-B9E7-AB3BED5E1369-7847-000006850EA42D8A.jpg

720D1D98-008E-4302-88FD-2021AF555094-7847-0000068509F4D669.jpg

Then today I decided to take the chance while my son slept to get the bonnet put in place::

E649D06F-9D88-4397-BDAF-EC1E141CE2DF-7847-0000068505901EB9.jpg

CD9D113A-FB18-4A20-B78A-13195D3C5974-7847-00000685012D52B5.jpg

0223B169-8884-4281-AF37-1A2F38D57BFB-7847-00000684FC3705DB.jpg

I'm liking!!

Not to everyone's taste I know, but I like this a lot more than the matt finish I had on there before!!!

supersilja

What are engine differences between 1.9 GTI 120 and 128PS?

At the first sight they are the same.

Is just about head and valves?