• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

allye

OK, time for a quick update with regard to spec and what's been done...

GTI6 engine

Jenvie 45mm ITB's

Omex 600 ECU

Reconditioned ream beam, lowered by approx 35mm

Welding sorted in the engine bay

Engine bay cleaned up

Tank back under-sealed

GTI6 callipers, Peugeot flat discs and Mintex 1144 pads front

New discs and pads rear, OEM discs and Ferrodo pads (nothing special just OEM spec)

Silicone hose kit

Approximate 45mm lower on the front end suspension. Unknown make of suspension components.

The only alterations inside the car are to the sounds which again are nothing special, an old Pioneer Bluetooth head unit, Vibe 6x9's and a 12 inch sub. There will be no more modifications to the way the internals appear for a while yet as I have a few things I want to be getting, and getting done to the outsides before I do anything::

To Do List::

- Refurbish wheels, undecided on the finish as yet, either polished, anthracite, or silver as standard.

- Suspension overhaul; Thinking coilovers, adjustable top mounts.

- Auto Bonnet to be added to the car, already purchased just waiting on a good day to get it on and cleaned up.

- Radiator lowered for more cool air to the bodies

- New(er) exhaust system

-sell genuine gutmann spoiler to Ali :D

That's all for now, but I have more plans for years down the line... For now though I want to get her driving, handling, and playing just the way she should be, and enjoy it!!

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Hmmm......

Took me a while to work out what you'd changed then...

Let me think about if for a few decades and I'll let you know then...!! :D lmao

welshpug

from being told the brake lines seemed short, well the picture tells all, you cannot even get full lock

I'll let Welshpug guess the supplier

:lol: only just saw this heh!

looking good, a tad low for my tastes, but I prefer a little more compliance as the roads do have sizeable bumps and yumps which don't work with low ride heights, did you get a printout of a RR run? as mentioned, the figures are pretty meaningless, it/'s all about the curve and the NOISE :D

BlueBolt

did you get a printout of a RR run? as mentioned, the figures are pretty meaningless, it/'s all about the curve and the NOISE :D

Yes mate, got a print out which I'll add in when I get to a scanner, probably Sunday...

Video will assist with the noise thing but I'm currently laid up in bed with mega sickness bug so don't think I'll be out to play tonight after all....

kyepan

does it sound like this?

BlueBolt

I guess it does a bit....

welshpug

I think that 205 has quite an unique sound, IIRC Sandy said they were close to an XE profile, has a central exit exhaust which affects the sound a bit too.

allye

does it sound like this?

s*it me thats quick!

BlueBolt

The outcome from tonight's little play around is that I need to eithe be getting a 1.6 gearbox, or a 4.4 CWP!! The engine is bogging down too much when taking it all the way round and changing quick...

Fun none the less :)

BlueBolt

That's true, seen that video before, just after I got my first gti I think

BlueBolt

The outcome from tonight's little play around is that I need to eithe be getting a 1.6 gearbox, or a 4.4 CWP!! The engine is bogging down too much when taking it all the way round and changing quick...

Fun none the less :)

And therefore::

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=138842&hl=&fromsearch=1

BlueBolt

Oh, the video camera's I didn't think were working did work...

Not bad for some little tiny £12 camera... You get the hint about the noise produced, the camera was clipped onto the number plate...

• Like 1

welshpug

hchanging the box wont help the bogging down unless its a diesel box

BlueBolt

My thought was that changing the box would stop the dramatic drop in revs??

randomspeedfreak

you are going to be flying when the conversion is done!!! I miss my GTi-6 so bad, apart from the rear steering, dont miss that at all lol

BlueBolt

My thought was that changing the box would stop the dramatic drop in revs??

I've been out playing a fare bit more now and think I've sourced the problem of my drop in revs....

That would be me, thinking I can not drive my car for 9 months, get back in her, and still be able to change the gears as quickly as I did before, keep the engine revs high, and bring her back in at bottom of the power curve again... Couple of weeks driving her and I'm finally learning her again.....

you are going to be flying when the conversion is done!!! I miss my GTi-6 so bad, apart from the rear steering, dont miss that at all lol

Rear steering??

Conversion is complete, there will be an LSD and Zsara box put in next weekend which I'm banking on changing the way she drives once again!!

welshpug

Here's some gearbox info for you, as you can see there's not a difference at all in the revs drop in the higher hgears between the 1.6 and 1.9, a much larger drop on the 1.6 1st to second, obviously due to the final drive the speeds will be higherwhen you shift on the 1.9 box.

second to third is quite a bit little bigger drop on the Xsara/Mi16 boxes, slightly larger drops further on as well.

comparing the 1.6 to an Mi or xsara box the drop from 1st to second in overall ratio is closer, 2nd is a fair bit shorter, 3rd and 4th very close with an extra 5mph on top end in 5th.

upshift RPM I shift up at 7300 rpm

('box/FD)...........1st-2nd .. 2nd-3rd .. 3rd-4th .. 4th-5th

205 GTI 1.6/1.6... 4146........5281........5743.........5936

205 GTI 1.9/1.9 ...4625........5366........5743.........5936

mi16/mi16 ..........4625........5051.........5532.........5720

BlueBolt

Sounds to me then like the Zsara box was a good choice for what I'm looking for, which is a "cheaper" option than a 4.4 fd and not as short, allowing for it to be more drivable as a daily drive... Was looking for a 1600 'box but after (I think it was you WP) it was mentioned to get a 1600 or Zsara box I went for the latter as it was offered with the LSD...

welshpug

Xsara VTS box IS a 4.4 final drive.!

having driven a bodied gti6 on a xsara box though it does suit it well without being excessively frantic on the faster A roads and motorways.

BlueBolt

Oh!! That's today's something new learned lol

Am all excited about getting it fitted and playing now :-)

Miles

Most late 1.6 box's use the same 1st as the 1.9 box, A un-documented fact.

BlueBolt

Finally got the chance to take a few pics today, admittedly only with my iPhone but none the less it was a nice spot to take a few pics for the gathering that I'm sending to my insurance company...

ea9fc366.jpg

fad8f60a.jpg

aa4ca300.jpg

314b6605.jpg

a55f767b.jpg

988ae3f3.jpg

f1f91fcb.jpg

2f515c5b.jpg

^^TIDY!!! :)

BlueBolt

f8164dfe.jpg

923ff9b5.jpg

797f9c93.jpg

c81a5aaf.jpg

^Few tubes up the back ;)

2b221b55.jpg

5d177761.jpg

As I say, these are only taken from the awesome camera on my iPhone, but wanted to get a few taken while the weather was good and the location wasn't too bad either...

Alastairh

Looks good. Although personally i wouldn't of put the fuel reg so close to the junction box.

Al