• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

BlueBolt

Looks good. Although personally i wouldn't of put the fuel reg so close to the junction box.

Al

Fare comment, but I'm sure Miles has his reasons for placing it there... Just looks so tidy and good!! Have seen a few other people have placed theirs in the same place from other threads I've seen

barry d

what spoiler is that?i think it looks spot on. :)

BlueBolt

what spoiler is that?i think it looks spot on. :)

Gutmann :)

Apparently they were available as an original addition...???

harryskid

Gutmann :)

Apparently they were available as an original addition...???

I could mug you for that spoiler ! :ph34r:

BlueBolt

You'd have to fight the mrs first!! Lol

I was fortunate enough to have it on the car when I bought this one... Didn't appreciate it to begin with, but it grew on me, and now I'm loving it :) lol

harryskid

You'd have to fight the mrs first!! Lol

I was fortunate enough to have it on the car when I bought this one... Didn't appreciate it to begin with, but it grew on me, and now I'm loving it :) lol

You were lucky having that one on it, your car looks good ! :D

BlueBolt

Quick update before tomorrows work being done (this time by myself and a mate)

Work already completed when she was down with Miles included the recon rear beam being fitted and body undersealed from the tank back::

fe738106.jpg

Fitting of his gear linkages and my exhaust and his manifold and downpipe::

a862dc34.jpg

7735e39e.jpg

So then today I went to get the tracking done as I'm getting excessive wear on the outside edges of tires... Little bit out I feel lol::

a862dc34.jpg

Next comes a question... What does the bottom part of this mean?? I'm guessing that the top of it means that it's a J4R lump, as that's what it reads lol

5d1e6304.jpg

As you may guess, I had the chance to get underneath her today while she was having the tracking done...

Will need to be done again next week after tomorrows games, but I'll put more about that up after I've done it :)

Anthony

Next comes a question... What does the bottom part of this mean?? I'm guessing that the top of it means that it's a J4R lump, as that's what it reads lol

All GTi-6 engines have a block casting with "J4R" - it does not mean that it's the detuned XU10J4R engine :)

BlueBolt

Kewl, I thought the difference was in the head and the cams etc anyway...??

Anthony

There's a few differences on the bottom end too, including different pistons to give slightly higher CR (10.8:1 vs 10.4:1) and GTi-6's all have oil spray bars on the underside of the pistons, whereas most J4R's don't.

BlueBolt

There's a few differences on the bottom end too, including different pistons to give slightly higher CR (10.8:1 vs 10.4:1) and GTi-6's all have oil spray bars on the underside of the pistons, whereas most J4R's don't.

And there's today's "something new" learnt :) lol

dcc

I didnt know pistons were different either

BlueBolt

Well, my phone was on the low front for battery and died half way through the job...

Todays job is not complete though!!

A VERY nice Zsara VTS 'box with a nice little LSD included

I'd like to say a very big thank you to Dan (dcc) for the sale to me!! And a thanks to a mate who helped me with the job today!! Was starting to dispare with the wishbone ball joints as they wouldn't release, but once I had another pair of hands it was a lot easier!!

Zsara box has made a lot of difference!! The box feels a lot nicer, revs don't drop half as much and allow for a better delivery and harder attack in acceleration.

The LSD however.....

WOW!!!!!

Roundabouts are my new favourite thing!! Hugging them closely and keeping the corner, no slipping away, from the wheels spinning too hard!!

Never driven a car with an LSD before, but my god what a difference it makes!!!

welshpug

tis good, but its not an lsd but an atb.

BlueBolt

In dcc's old box??

welshpug

yeah, its an ap suretrac atb, not a plate diff.

lift a wheel or snap a shaft, or hit enough loose stuff and it'll still spin a wheel! good fora road car though, very unobtrusive.

BlueBolt

Is very fun to drive with!!

What's an atb when it's at home then?? Other than what's in my car lol

Anthony

That must be my old AP Suretrak then - I think you're the 5th or 6th forum member to own that now :lol:

It's close in terms of effect to a Quaife, although internally it works in a very different way. Whilst not as ultimately effective as a plate LSD (e.g. Tran-X) it does work very well on a road car and is a pretty hardy bit of kit - whilst seemingly very rare in Peugeot fitment, they were standard fit on some JDM variants of Impreza and available for some other models too.

dcc

I thought it was a limited slip diff, even if it is an ATB (which is what the Quaife is), as it limits the torque to the spinning wheel? or am I wrong!

Eitherway, that gear box is bloody lovely! :)

BlueBolt

Ur not wrong it is!!

The box itself feels closer than the standard 1900 'box that was in there, there's not as much left to right play in the stick, or at least that's how it feels!!

The diff, whatever it is, is awesome on first driving!! I've only had the chance to take her out for a quick test drive so far, the clutch cable needs to be adjusted, but other than that I'm loving the box, the way the car pins herself to roundabouts and I actually had to loosen off my turn earlier :D lol

petert

Glad you like the AP. I have one too. I have a couple of questions, perhaps for Miles I guess.

Cam Sensor -nothing connected? That means it's running wasted spark and multi-point fuel rather than sequential fuel and direct fire?

Fuel Reg - no compensation?

Was it not possible to add these functions and map the fuel by TPS and ignition by MAP?

post-2864-0-35283900-1337492058.jpg

post-2864-0-88479400-1337492068.jpg

Edited by petert

Miles

Cam sensor is not used on the Omex 600, No need too as it's a single coil pack like on the XSI engine and what other do with HT leads.

FPR again unless boosted no need to be connected, well that's what my mapping man has said and other's too and I have no reason not to believe him, as for the Teccy reason behind it I don;t know.

BlueBolt

I've had a few people asking about the FPR... My answer is pretty much what you just gave, "my builder didn't put it on, do I'm not going to argue it as he knows a sh1t load more than me!!" lol

BlueBolt

Only a short daytime clip, not pushing it too much as my other half was in the car and she grips the leather too tight lol

GOD DAM I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK!!!

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Finally got the orange indicators I was after, so here she is before::

c2a80986.jpg

And here she is after::

bfa4c353.jpg

207561ed.jpg

I'm liking!!!

I was under the impression that the clear indicators were part of the ph1.5, until I was asked at the south coast meet if I'd put them on... So the hunt began and ended within a week and now they're on I'm liking them!!! Think they look much better against the Miami than the clears and were extremely easy to fit!!

Many thanks to Paul (pa402) for the supply of said indicators :)

There is a wanted post here for some of the springs though lol

Edited by BlueBolt