• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

Weser

No, that line goes right through the picture lol

Yer I know the line does lol. It s the pannel looks nice and bright and wondered if it was painted or just cleaned.

BlueBolt

Yer I know the line does lol. It s the pannel looks nice and bright and wondered if it was painted or just cleaned.

I'll let you know later when I collect her :) :)

BlueBolt

Excited muchly...... Waiting at the door to pick it up now!!!!! :):lol:

BlueBolt

So, a long drive home, along boring motorways, with the occasional bit of fun with a polo and a few others...

Then...

Drop the family car back and pick up the other half... And start enjoying a few corners, learning where the power starts and where to change gear... Should have that one sorted next Friday when I go out without the other half...

What an awesome drive!! Lots of fun!!!

Lots of rattling and squeeking inside the cab, but I'll be workin on finding them and fixing them over the coming weeks...

A MASSIVE thanks to Miles!! Awesome job done, VERY happy :) thank you :) :)

harryskid

Enjoy :D

BlueBolt

Hell yes I am!!!

My 5 and 8 yr old boys are loving it too!!!

I keep hearing "go faster daddy!!" followed by "he can't yet as the engines still cold"

My boys are learning quickly!!

And enjoying the ride... Just wish his weather would sort itself out and let me have some cornering enjoyment too!!

dav1

Good feeling aint it. My little lads always telling me to burn people lol and were in the middle of town. Wat power and Torque did it make? who mapped it?

BlueBolt

Good feeling aint it. My little lads always telling me to burn people lol and were in the middle of town. Wat power and Torque did it make? who mapped it?

Mapped at K-Tech, 175bhp & 150lb/ft...

Pictures as soon as its a nice enough day... Though I may take a few in a min lol

BlueBolt

Ok, taken the opportunity to go and feed the ducks and take a couple, but only a couple till next weekend when she'll get pampered and lots more taken!!

4f8b0e2d.jpg

Obviously, I had to take this when I went to collect!!!

2cffa464.jpg

aa9e2093.jpg

Taken while feeding ducks...

56cb42a3.jpg

And one last one now she's home...

She'll get a photo shoot by a mate for purposes of insurance agreed valuation, which I'll upload once they've been done!!

dav1

Great stuff the noise is mental. Kids love it, plus we do lol. Aren't k-tec Renault spesalist? Seems bit down on power thow ? Dis you know the engine before hand? But as long as it drives and pulls clean an well should be great as he does good things with renaults. Good luck and enjoy just hope we get more sun . Dave

BlueBolt

Miles knew the engine before it came to me, he also knows the mapper down there and trusts his work so I trust his judgement!! There have been a few peculiar read outs from the rollers recently and as such Miles has a plan in action for it... Time will allow more clarification on the matter...

Juicey!! But didn't actually expect any less lol

Anthony

I think you need a new signature now...

BlueBolt

Hadn't thought of that... Use mobile for forum most of the time... Will alter it later this evening lol

Miles

As the whole forum has gone mad on RR figures as I always say take them with a pinch of salt, it could read 150bhp but the proof is in the driving,

For example a S16 engine I had on bodies (Same as Chris's), with Cat Cam 527's (First blank grind) made 190bhp, which you could again say was low but up against a Clio cup with around the same power I was a tenth of a second slower at Gurston Down

Yes K tec are Renault people

BlueBolt

As the whole forum has gone mad on RR figures

I had noticed this a little recently...lol

I'm happy with my engine, and will be planning further additions to it a few years down the line... But now... I'm happy with her, her performance, and the way she is :)

S16 or gti6??

Or are they one in the same... (please excuse my ignorance lol)

Edited by BlueBolt

Miles

S16 is basically a Iron blocked Mi16, head is very different, bottom end the same pretty much

BlueBolt

And mines the 6.......??!! Your previous post confused me...

dav1

I do agree some people do get hung up on figures. That's why i said does it pull cleanly an well. Its just a good indication to ppl who have not been in the car, how its running. Gurston Down does not mean any thing to all people how a car is running. Sorry for spamming your thread. Do you run a diff in the car? cheers dave

BlueBolt

I do agree some people do get hung up on figures. That's why i said does it pull cleanly an well. Its just a good indication to ppl who have not been in the car, how its running. Gurston Down does not mean any thing to all people how a car is running. Sorry for spamming your thread. Do you run a diff in the car? cheers dave

No not running a diff as yet, I've found myself a cheap option for getting a gripper diff, just gotta pay cash and I'll get it at a good price... First thing on the list is a 4.4 or 4.8 CWP for the 1.9 box that's on it!!

Yes, she drives lovely!!

Low down the rev range is great for casual driving, taking her past about four and a half grand brings around a completely different experience :) she opens up a whole new life, pulling through harder when she gets to five and a half... Then carrying on that pull to about seven!! Power doesn't fade off at all, the power curve on the rr readout shows it gets to about six ad a half and levels off rather than droppig off... This tells me a lot about when to be changing gear when really going for it :D

Still only had her six days, so I'm still learning how to get the best out of her... Loving the "pop gurgle pop CRACK" she lets out when coming back down the gears... Most enjoyable driving past people when they're not expecting it!! :lol:

kyepan

Awesome

Would love to hear a video

Edited by kyepan

BlueBolt

I'll get some mates to take a few videos tomorrow night when we go out... So long as the mrs is feeling better that is!!

dav1

Video would be great. I've got a well specked gti6 205. Thing is I've never herd it go because its all ways me driving. Plus i would not trust any one to give me a drive by. people say it sound immense wen on full power 8000rpm :D

BlueBolt

people say it sound immense wen on full power 8000rpm :D

8000rpm???????????

I'll have to do a search for your build thread!! I've got some little cameras that I'm going to attach which may be able to pick it up at full chat too....??

BlueBolt

OK, time for a quick update with regard to spec and what's been done...

GTI6 engine

Jenvie 45mm ITB's

Omex 600 ECU

Reconditioned ream beam, lowered by approx 35mm

Welding sorted in the engine bay

Engine bay cleaned up

Tank back under-sealed

GTI6 callipers, Peugeot flat discs and Mintex 1144 pads front

New discs and pads rear, OEM discs and Ferrodo pads (nothing special just OEM spec)

Silicone hose kit

Approximate 45mm lower on the front end suspension. Unknown make of suspension components.

The only alterations inside the car are to the sounds which again are nothing special, an old Pioneer Bluetooth head unit, Vibe 6x9's and a 12 inch sub. There will be no more modifications to the way the internals appear for a while yet as I have a few things I want to be getting, and getting done to the outsides before I do anything::

To Do List::

- Refurbish wheels, undecided on the finish as yet, either polished, anthracite, or silver as standard.

- Suspension overhaul; Thinking coilovers, adjustable top mounts.

- Auto Bonnet to be added to the car, already purchased just waiting on a good day to get it on and cleaned up.

- Radiator lowered for more cool air to the bodies

- New(er) exhaust system

That's all for now, but I have more plans for years down the line... For now though I want to get her driving, handling, and playing just the way she should be, and enjoy it!!