• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wracing

[project] Peugeot 205 Twin Turbo

dcc

whats the flow rate on an m45 charger? would it act as a bottle neck at higher speeds? on track you wouldnt let the revs drop below 3500 anyway? also, a twin charged mi16 engine should be around/over 300bhp / 250ftlbs torque, pretty sure you are pushing the boundaries on shafts and gearboxes here.

wracing

Well, Im just been greedy, you will never have your turbo spooling at idle unless it is tiny or you are using antilag. you get to clear dollops of power one at around 3500, you can hear to turbo spooling at 3000 and one at 5200 and you can hear the large turbo spooling at 5000,

The power falls off at 5800 because I haven't got the staging right between the 2 turbos. it then comes back once the turbo is fully spooled. and produces loads of boost right until I get scared!! So the twin turbo is defiantly working and it can only get better with mapping. i've got to spend 2 days on the dyno @ 600 pounds so im trying to get everything done before!

Im not really sure where I should set my redline as its fully forged, bar the crank.

The only reason you would want a supercharger on this engine is so you have that power off the line and if i ever shift below 3500, im thinking highway fuel efficiency :lol:

wracing

If I ever put the eaton on this engine, I would run it so it would be decluched and fully bypassed when above 3500ish.

Its just a idea i haven't sat down and worked it out, and for 15kg more weight it would add loads more drivability! :lol:

James

BERTMAN
If I ever put the eaton on this engine, I would run it so it would be decluched and fully bypassed when above 3500ish.

Its just a idea i haven't sat down and worked it out, and for 15kg more weight it would add loads more drivability! ;)

James

i think thats how they did it with the Nissan March SuperTurbo.

by the way, your mad... keep it up :)

[L'e$kro]

Impressive build James

Topic flagged, now waiting patiently for videos...

ten-venerable-villains-in-movies-20070625000515795.jpg

And meanwhile I'll read the megamanual about CAN communication, I like the idea of your integrated nav system speaking the MS

Nico

shalmaneser

I'm confused and worried by the lack of videos here!!!

Awesome project!

wracing

All in good time :lol:

James

qwerty

VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

No pressure James :ph34r:

Daviewonder

Any news on the Eaton fitting? :ph34r:

madspikes

only just found this thread! Totally Awesome!

Motivated me into getting e45 pug back on the road!

mad

Joe-Tait

Crazy build

guffe

What's up with this build? Any progress?

wracing

Ok time for a quick update.

As always with large scale projects they are a bit of a drain on finances, after a little break we are back working on her.

I've had a few issues with my throttle bodies, swallowed a butterfly!! luckily no damage, I had to replace the throttle spindle and now mounted the throttle bodies properly.

38742_415934936838_700946838_4383060_4236705_n.jpg

38815_415934736838_700946838_4383053_3576145_n.jpg

I've have moved the header tank/swirl pot to the front of the head, we where getting localised boiling and air collecting in the head. We are hoping that this swirl pot will correct issues.

38117_415934701838_700946838_4383052_2216702_n.jpg

34907_415934631838_700946838_4383050_451551_n.jpg

We still have to finish the loom.

Thanks

James

Paulmac19

Coming along nicely glad to see your back at it, looks sweet :)

wracing

Loads more work done, haven't got many pictures at the moment.

A nice video of the practical first start, fixed loads of problems, running sweet.

Cam belt running a little tight :)

Thanks

James

Ben_M

interesting build! when do you think you'll be finished?

wracing

Within a week hopefully :huh:

Pugcrazy33

you crazy bastardddd!

jonathan205

wowza! how you gonna get traction?

AJA_GTi

Fantastic mate!

You can buy the parts and resources and even the time but your knowlege and balls are priceless!

Any updates?? :lol:

wracing

After a really s*itty track day in September we have been hard at work with a custom dry sump set-up with 3 scavenge stages (1.25"). My bedroom is currently covered in electrical cable as now everything is in its final place a proper loom is getting made. Also in the process of upgrading to megasquirt 3.

The final addition to the car is a pressure system controlling all the dump valves and waste gates with out having to rely on manifold pressure. We have been having a problem where the boost hoses where getting blown off on throttle close as the dump valve wasn't opening due to low vacuum.

The list is endless but I'm getting there B)

AJA_GTi
After a really s*itty track day in September we have been hard at work with a custom dry sump set-up with 3 scavenge stages (1.25"). My bedroom is currently covered in electrical cable as now everything is in its final place a proper loom is getting made. Also in the process of upgrading to megasquirt 3.

The final addition to the car is a pressure system controlling all the dump valves and waste gates with out having to rely on manifold pressure. We have been having a problem where the boost hoses where getting blown off on throttle close as the dump valve wasn't opening due to low vacuum.

The list is endless but I'm getting there B)

Rome wasnt built in a day - keep at it young fella! ;)

Tim 892

This is just imense very rear I sit and read a complete thread but I have just read the lot in one go! 10 out of 10 for this one!!

rallyjonesy205

this is immense. just read whole thread you are truely mad. one of my mates went to the track day and said he was chatting with you. real shame you couldnt get it going. i did pop over but you had already gone.

Edited by rallyjonesy205