• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

[misc_work] My Turbo 205 2.0 8v

Daviewonder

Will be good if you can use the standard gti exhaust, ultimate sleeper :)

danpug

Ah right i didn't realise. Get rid of the back box then! Have you had a chance to check the head yet?

pablo

Once I get the nipper to bed mate I'll check it out

danpug

Ok thanks. :)

pablo

Wee update, turbo oil feed started leaking oil over the turbo, got back from a run last night and there was smoke bellowing out from under the bonnet. Nice.

Also a nice puddle of water in the passenger footwell.

I f**king hate this car.

Daviewonder

Have you forgiven the car yet Pablo or are you still pissed off with it?

pablo

Still pished off to be honest. water in the pass well was actually just a wet footprint as I climbed in to the drivers seat through the pass door (doh).

still got an oil leak going to get it out a run tonight and see what the story is.

Might start breaking it on monday :ph34r:

miamichris
Still pished off to be honest. water in the pass well was actually just a wet footprint as I climbed in to the drivers seat through the pass door (doh).

you w**ker :ph34r: you're just looking for excuses to break it now!

"agh! wet footprint, you're definitely getting pulled to pieces now car" :lol:

pablo

lol indeed :ph34r:

there was a coolant leak as it happened from the bottom of the expansion bottle. Id put the level sensor in wrong so it was leaking. Not sure where the oil leak is coming from though. Bit of a puzzler.

miamichris
lol indeed :lol:

there was a coolant leak as it happened from the bottom of the expansion bottle. Id put the level sensor in wrong so it was leaking. Not sure where the oil leak is coming from though. Bit of a puzzler.

Well that was your handiwork that had a coolant leak, wouldn't catch any of the bits that I did leaking :ph34r:

could it be possible that the source of all your problems is that you don't use a torque wrench often enough?? :ph34r:

Best bet for the oil leak is engine cleaner, powerhose and let it dry off, then run it and see if anything is leaking I suppose mate?

pablo
Well that was your handiwork that had a coolant leak, wouldn't catch any of the bits that I did leaking :lol:

could it be possible that the source of all your problems is that you don't use a torque wrench often enough?? :ph34r:

Best bet for the oil leak is engine cleaner, powerhose and let it dry off, then run it and see if anything is leaking I suppose mate?

torque wrenches are for pussies :ph34r:

but yes I hold my hands up was my fault. was on the wrong way so didnt seal properly.

Will take it out a run tonight probably and see if it leaks again. Last time the mix of coolant and oil had completely covered the engine bay in oily water. So was impossible to tell where it was coming from. Have it cleaned up so now if it is leaking oil then I should be able to spot it.

Worth one more blast before i start to butcher it.

pablo

well its chucking 1 litre of oil out the breathers on a run so looks like the death for my 205. going to break it so if anyone needs bits let me know

Daviewonder

NOOOOOO not the demise of the miami turbo :rolleyes:

miamichris
NOOOOOO not the demise of the miami turbo :ph34r:

It was inevitable, he's been talking about it for a while and had it up for sale pretty much every week :rolleyes:

We put the engine in with another block and it doesn't seem to have worked, its a shame really :ph34r: nice car and ridiculously fast!