• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

[misc_work] My Turbo 205 2.0 8v

pablo

its probably about 10% smaller diameter off the top of my head. The problem is mainly the master cylinder (getting the turbo inlet pipe under it) now.

Another wee update I fitted the front GTI-6 dampers and some Avo -30mm springs in order to improve the ride and bring the front up a little. Not sure if the height has changed much but the ride is a little better. Had expected a bigger improvement in ride tbh but ah well.

The GTI-6 black billies are odd the droplink mount is in a different place (at the back of the shock rather than the side) so I ended up with the wrong shock in first time round as they are a little to the side. Not really noticable when on the car :D At least I was able to swap them without removing driveshafts and such nonsense.

pablo

actually cleaned it so took a few pics:

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Tom Fenton

Looks nice, I'm not so keen on the blue door handles though I have to say.

pablo

if thats the worst criticism I can live with that :lol:

taylorspug

Looks nice, always good to see a nice mint looking 205. Dont ruin it with a roll cage!

pablo

it might see the track but will never be a track car. want it to look completely original (bar the doorhandles :lol:) from the outside, but with some kickass power!

taylorspug

Nice, best way forward IMO, doesnt ruin the car apart from anything else. Same as i do with my car, the only thing mine may see is some seam welding to stiffen the shell up when it next gets rebuilt.

danpug

What intercooler is it running pablo?

pablo

R5 one mate. seems to be holding up ok but wouldnt mind a good front mount. Plenty of room in behind the bumper for one.

pablo

been playing with the XU9 inlet manifold and GTI-6 throttle body that came free with the car. I also wanted to repipe the induction system as it was a mix of sizes with reducers and steps all over the place. Few pics just will do the talking:

new bits (2.5" / 63mm):

IMG_0729.jpg

turbo to intercooler pipework:

IMG_0733.jpg

Dump valve tucked away:

IMG_0737.jpg

turbo to filter pipework. Using 2.5" neoprene flexible piping for now. Will replace at a later date. Plastic pipe is from my ST220 lol but is a perfect reducer 80mm to 63mm and is a perfect shape.

IMG_0734.jpg

Filter mounted to strut tower:

IMG_0738.jpg

Whole lot with the XU9 manifold:

IMG_0735.jpg

Closeup of the manifold:

IMG_0730.jpg

Throttle body, clears the radiator pipe no problem. Will be a 90deg silicone reducer out of here straight to the intercooler.

IMG_0731.jpg

Had to reshape the dipstick tube to clear the manifold. will bolt it to the side of the manifold.

IMG_0739.jpg

Things still to sort:

- need an XU9 fuel rail and will swap my injectors over.

- throttle cable is no problem, fits perfectly

- iacv will hang off the bottom

- oil filler bottle will be relocated with new breather pipes.

- catch tank fitted somewhere and vent back into the inlet.

- plumb up the vac pipes for servo, ecu, boost gauge, boost controller

- hope it runs on the std ecu!

pablo

bonus, found out the prev owner has already port matched it. yee ha! Saves me a bundle of work.

little naked pic, nearly ready to bolt it all up and see what happens.

IMG_0740.jpg

Galifrey

Some good luck then pablo, you deserve some after recent months.

Hope it all goes smoothly this time, but just in case, don't leave any lump hammers near the car.

:)

pablo

Cheers! hard to believe I was for breaking it a month ago ffs. all over a £9 seal!

Once I hit 200bhp Ill turn my attention to the bodywork/interior. Needs a little TLC over the winter months.

Edited by pablo

KieranGTI
Cheers! hard to believe I was for breaking it a month ago ffs. all over a £9 seal!

Once I hit 200bhp Ill turn my attention to the bodywork/interior. Needs a little TLC over the winter months.

It funny the way you fall in and out of love with them, good to hear things are going better with her now again.

pablo

Bit more work tonight. Have my breathers done. Custom pipes made with 2x 25mm to 19mm 90deg silicone pipes, some 19mm rubber hose and relocated filler bottle over to the alternator bracket. Outlet will run back to the induction pipe just before the throttle body. Not the best pic.

IMG_0746.jpg

Also attemted to remove the oil heater sandwich plate but the XU10 seems to have a different setup to the XU9 so abandoned that for now. made do with cutting the water pipes off and rerouting the coolant pipe. Also fitted a half height oil filter, not sure what its off just had a nosey in halfords. Ended up with a champion F136.

Inlet manifold is also now on, bar the fuel rail. Just have to mount the dipstick and the coilpack (it needs relocating because of the larger turbo to intercooler pipework. Then I can fire it up :lol:

Ryan_B

Im glad you didnt admitt defeat pablo, its such a cracking looking car!! Im also looking forward to lifting the stuff i bought of you and getting a nosey lol

pablo

bring some heat too lol!!

danpug

Is the gti6 throttle body a straight bolt-on then? Do you think the oil cooler is really needed on these engines?

pablo

seems to be bolt on Dan yes. Ive everything done now just waiting on an XU9 fuel rail and Im good to go!

danpug

Awesome. I'm nearly ready to start mine, will see how yours goes first though! I'll be running the 1.9 inlet though i think.

pablo

afaik mine is a 1.9 inlet but a gti6 throttlebody. only issue will be if the ecu copes ok but I cant see why not as it has a MAP sensor and can handle varying boost levels etc. Would have to go aftermarket though Id imagine to make the most of it.

danpug

Did it use an adaptor plate? I'm sure the 8v tb uses 3 bolts and the gti6 4, or am i wrong? When are you expecting to have it running then?

pablo

Its now running! I still need a couple of head studs and gasket for the inlet manifold, and to fashion a couple of brackets for the fuel rail but I had it down the street and back. Idles nicely and throttle response seems ok for the 500 yards I went. Bit of tidying up and Ill have it out a good run tomorrow night probably.

:)

Then its time to sort the exhaust, 2,5" front to back with a centrebox and 3" tailpipe. Should be well flowing but still nice and subtle.

@ Dan, there is no sandwich plate that I can see. Ill have a better look when I get a moment.

pablo

Oh also found out Ive got fiesta rs turbo 249cc injectors (beige).

danpug

Sounds good so far! Are they not the standard injectors?