• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

[misc_work] My Turbo 205 2.0 8v

pablo

yeah mate was only messing but if youre game Ill gladly accept the help!!!

just off sandyknowes :)

miamichris
yeah mate was only messing but if youre game Ill gladly accept the help!!!

just off sandyknowes :)

Its no problem pablo, I know f**k all about turbo engines but I know my way around a 205, so if its just an extra pair of hands you need then I'll help out. Like I said, let me know when you're ready and I'll see if i'm free B)

You've been getting it tight with this car so sounds like you could do with a hand! You must be near Northcott then?

pablo

aye chris far side tho before chim corner. Might start the reassemble tonight see how I go.

Off to powerhose the engine bay lol with a few litres of degreaser first. Bay is covered in oil and general crap.

pablo

Block was cleaned up and painted matt black. Some amount of crap in the breather pipes etc but a powerwasher soon shifted the most of it. Cleaned up all the mating surfaces etc so started the reassemble. its going back together the way it came apart. The bearing shells look ok with no scoring or anything. They arent perfect sure, but will just have to do unfortunately.

68de41fc.jpg

da5bd7a2.jpg

Tonight should see the pistons and crank in :D

pablo

Crank in, need a piston ring compressor so pistons be in tonight, then get the sump bonded on.

fd930c39.jpg

Edited by pablo

miamichris

I have a piston ring compressor in my garage mate.

OT: have you seen the new FRANK advert with the guy from peep show doing the voice over? It has "Pablo - the drug mule dog" in it :lol: Is your name actually Pablo?!

EDIT: meant to say, you can borrow the piston ring compressor if you want!

Edited by miamichris

pablo

lol cheers mate, I bought one out of halfords earlier was only £7 odds. All pistons are back in and hope to get the oil pump, endplate and sump on tonight. Then its down on the floor, get the box on and get her bucked back in the car :lol:

Dont suppose youre up for some man handling on saturday? :lol::):lol:

Daviewonder
Dont suppose youre up for some man handling on saturday? :lol::):lol:

Get a room! :lol:

miamichris
lol cheers mate, I bought one out of halfords earlier was only £7 odds. All pistons are back in and hope to get the oil pump, endplate and sump on tonight. Then its down on the floor, get the box on and get her bucked back in the car :lol:

Dont suppose youre up for some man handling on saturday? :):):)

You're going well now by the sounds of it, the miami turbo will live again! B) Yeah should be alright for saturday, i'm not working this weekend, may be hungover though :lol: What time? PM me your address and phone number just in case I can't find your place.

Get a room! :lol:

Ehh, not that kind of man handling, engine handling! :lol:

Cazzo

Good man Pablo, the wee pug deserves to see the road again

Looked fresh enough when I was over,

I'm sure she will see a ton up "that" hill again :)

pablo

Engine is all ready to go in now, just need to remove the driveshafts (need a helper) and push the car up into the garage and its all ready. Head is still off as its easier to work around the turbo then fit the head after. Although Im tempted to fit the head and turbo on the floor and drop the whole lot in. Not sure yet.

danpug

I fitted mine with all ancillaries bolted on but no gearbox, went in quite easily.

Daviewonder

I fitted mine with everything bolted on including gearbox, It goes in easy if you use one of those tilt bars with your hoist :lol:

pablo

Well I fitted the head and turbo/exhaust manifold and dropped it all in as one. Was a little tricky but my excellent helper miamichris was an absolute legend. Took us about 4 hrs but we got the lump in and all connected up. Turned it over a few times to get the oil circulating and it fired first time. No knocking or other nastiness and a quick testdrive seemed good too.

All in all a good day but only time will tell as I get some more miles on the car.

Daviewonder

Well done, glad its back on the road mate :)

pablo

I think Chris is hot for a turbo conversion now :)

Daviewonder

Are you using the 2.0 or the 1.9 inlet pablo?

pablo

2L one mate. gave up on the other.

Redtop

You'll be making a coffee table out of the old block now to remind you of the agro it gave you :)

GLPoomobile
I think Chris is hot :)

When's the wedding? :)

miamichris
Well I fitted the head and turbo/exhaust manifold and dropped it all in as one. Was a little tricky but my excellent helper miamichris was an absolute legend. Took us about 4 hrs but we got the lump in and all connected up. Turned it over a few times to get the oil circulating and it fired first time. No knocking or other nastiness and a quick testdrive seemed good too.

All in all a good day but only time will tell as I get some more miles on the car.

No problem Paul, all went well and hopefully thats the end of your engine problems! :ph34r: All I can say is, f**k me that thing is quick, I want a turbo :P

I think Chris is hot for a turbo conversion now ;)

Yeah, I'm looking into the possibilities of turbo'ing my rebuilt 1.9 gti engine as we speak! :ph34r: Tom Fenton may be the man for me to speak to I think!

When's the wedding? :D

f'sake GLP, leave out the man-love references! :blush:

pablo

Well I dropped the cheapo halfords oil and put in some Mobil-1 oil and its running very well I have to say. Nice and smooth with no noises. Think I might get a std gti exhaust for it as the stupid 4" piece of crap thats on it is really not doing it for me.

Chris did you say you got a std exhaust for handy money?

And as for GLP, wow some repressed homosexuality going on there :)

miamichris
Well I dropped the cheapo halfords oil and put in some Mobil-1 oil and its running very well I have to say. Nice and smooth with no noises. Think I might get a std gti exhaust for it as the stupid 4" piece of crap thats on it is really not doing it for me.

Chris did you say you got a std exhaust for handy money?

And as for GLP, wow some repressed homosexuality going on there :D

I'm just going to get mine from my motor factors, I think I priced it on time at £130 ish. Try to get an Arvin one, as they're supposed to be better quality, i'm sure your contact in ECP could help you out with getting an exhaust :)

Been researching putting a turbo on my 1.9 and my head hurts now, there's a fair bit of work in doing it! :)

danpug

Are you sure putting a std sized system on won't mess up your power?

pablo

it has std bore on now mate just no centrebox and a silly backbox. Cant be any worse I dont think. Ideally a 2.5" system would be great but lack of funds says nooooo