• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

[misc_work] My Turbo 205 2.0 8v

danpug

Have you managed to find out what the issue is yet?

pablo

no mate not been near it. cant see me trying it again tbh.

Had moved the car out of the garage last week before the big shill and the fukker froze. Had no antifreeze in as I was still messing with the rad in and out so all the pipes etc froze solid. Only got it back in the garage yesterday. Thermostat housing cracked into lots of bits lol with the pressure but could have been a lot worse :)

danpug

Oops! It can't just be because of the inlet, there must be another issue. Like i said before, Henry Yorke runs the 2.0T management on a 1.9 8vT.

pablo

my guess is an airleak to be honest. I cant see any reason why the ecu wont handle it as its able to work with differing boost pressures via the map sensor. unless there is just too much air through the throttlebody on idle.

Might have another stab sometime if Ive a few hours to kill but for the moment Im just going to leave the oem one on.

danpug

What did you do with the inlet temp sensor?

Edited by danpug

pablo
What did you do with the inlet temp sensor?

there was one on the new TB mate, grey connector and a yellow connector. swapped the TPS over straight swap.

danpug

Ah right.

Rob!

Car looks nice mate.

A lot of work gone into it and it sounds quick.

Hope it all works out in your favour mate :lol:

pablo

aye labour of love lol. Popped a headgasket there so its all in bits again :P

pablo

cracked block means the end of my wee pug turbo. Have another block but not willing to spend the money rebuilding it.

Id love to say it was fun while it lasted but Id have been lucky to have done 500 miles in the car ffs.

Arahan

Thats unlucky mate. Can you not just whack another standard 8v turbo engine back in without the rebuild and drive it like that? i.e. no messing? :huh: haha! As they really are ace to drive!

pablo

I was going to sell it anyway and given the chances of getting another turbo engine over here Im not prepared to spend the money on it tbh. Carriage alone would be £100.

danpug

Did you get my pm earlier pablo? ;)

miamichris

you seem to have a lot of bad luck with that car pablo, good luck whatever you decide to do :ph34r:

I too would vote for throwing another engine in, this ones give you nothing but bother mate. A guy I bought parts from in ards a while back had a rebuilt mi16 engine for sale, dont know if he still has it though.

Maybe worth ringing some scrapyards to see if theres any turbo engines kicking about if you still fancy that route?

pablo

havent the money nor the inclination mate, been a pretty sour experience tbh.

Im almost tempted to give it one last go and rebuild the spare block into the car but will cost me a couple of hundred quid at least so Im not sure.

some nice bits on it so it should break into a decent bit of money.

miamichris
havent the money nor the inclination mate, been a pretty sour experience tbh.

Im almost tempted to give it one last go and rebuild the spare block into the car but will cost me a couple of hundred quid at least so Im not sure.

some nice bits on it so it should break into a decent bit of money.

^^ haha all is not lost yet, do it! :o

Compared to the hassle your 205 has given you, my XS seems like a saint and I drive the thing everyday! :ph34r:

don't sell it, miami blue is the best and fastest colour don't you know? :P

pablo

already getting offers on parts lol, think I can break it into £1500. If I fix it and sell it will prob be worth 2k but cost me 300 odds to fix.

miamichris
already getting offers on parts lol, think I can break it into £1500. If I fix it and sell it will prob be worth 2k but cost me 300 odds to fix.

:ph34r: well if you were going to sell it anyway, sounds like your minds made up! looks too clean to break for parts though. what shape is the shell in?

pablo

pretty good actually, pity alright I have it for sale as is for 1200. maybe someone can sort it out

pablo

decided to swap blocks myself. out with the old! Just need to swap the bits over sump etc and slap the new block in :ph34r:

088c7890.jpg

92b50244.jpg

f5004f47.jpg

danpug
:ph34r: Fingers crossed for you!

miamichris

:ph34r::) I secretly knew you'd fix it pablo, sometimes you just need a few days away from the car to get your head round the thought of fixing it again, been there and done it myself!

good luck mate, it'll be worth it when you get it up and running and hassle free again.

I'll have to get a look at your car sometime as you're only down the road from me ;)

pablo

you can help me put the engine back in lol :)

miamichris

:) aye go on then, when are you putting it back in? PM me or something when you have it built back up and are ready to go and I'll give you a hand if i'm free, provided there is cups of tea and biscuits of course B)

you live in glengormley don't you?