• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

[misc_work] My Turbo 205 2.0 8v

pablo

nope the std ones are black with a blue ring. Not sure on the rates but think its around 200cc. Must look it up.

pablo

interesting info (to be confirmed), but the ohmage is different to what Im using (15.9). And the flow rate is crappy on the stds.

Part number - Lucas D3172MA

Flow rate - c180cc/min at 3bar

Resistance - c17.2 Ohms

- High impedance

As fitted to (examples)

- Peugeot 406 2.0 8v SRi Turbo.

Edited by pablo

danpug

Mine are cream as well?

danpug

Something sounds a bit wrong, they are supposed to be bosch injectors as standard.

danpug

And yes i see another seller is selling the same ones, i'm really confused now!

pablo

could be a load of pish then!!!!

wonder what the bosch part number is for the std 406 sri ones then?

pablo

well had the out for a scalp there. Not going bad for a first attempt. Pulls real well but I think I need a new inlet manifold gasket as the revs are bouncing a little while its idling only settling after about a minute. Was hoofing it up the road and it cut out a few times on full throttle which was a bit worrying but its only on full throttle, a little before is fine and the car flies so I think I just need to limit the throttle pedal a touch to stop it cutting out (TPS going off the scale?).

Another issus is that after lifting off after full power and coasting for a few seconds the car with splutter a little once I go back on the throttle. Go a bit harder and its fine. No issue when doing the same but only part throttle then lifting off. Hope its just the gasket causing it.

All in all pretty pleased will try to get the niggles ironed out and RR it on saturday morning. Want to make sure its still fuelling ok or its bye bye pistons.

danpug

Hopfully it is just the gasket. Are you going back to the same rollers and running the same boost?

pablo

same rollers, boost will be different tho as Im using an electronic controller now :lol:

new gasket ordered so get it chucked in on friday night and see if it helps.

danpug

What boost will you be running then?

Edited by danpug

pablo

probably 0.8/0.9/1.0 bar.

When the gains stop thats where the boost will sit. No point running a bar if youre only getting 1-2hp more than 0.7/0.8bar.

danpug

True. Make sure you post up theresults and also at what boost the gains start to become minimal, if you can of course!

pablo

had it out again tonight. Running a bit better after I left the battery off all night but still not great. new inlet manifold gasket ordered in case its a leak. If its no better Ill be putting the std manifold back on again :lol:

danpug

Did you re-use the old gasket?

pablo

yeah, and it was ripped a bit :lol:

danpug

Sounds like the culprit, fingers crossed.

pablo

Well a new gasket made no difference, so I swapped the std manifold back on and it ran perfectly straight off. So looks like project gti6 throttle body is a no go.

welshpug

what idle valve is there on the gti manifold that's had the gti6 throttle body fitted? no reason why it wouldn't work over the turbo manifold.

pablo

Im stumped to be honest, using the same idle control valve, and throttle position sensor. But it wont idle (bounces in the 1000-1500 bracket) and is a little tetchy on the move when you suddenly floor the throttle etc.

welshpug

same injectors and getting a decent map signal?

pablo

yes same fuel rail & injectors. MAP sensor fed from one of the side ports in the manifold.

danpug

Doh. did you bother rr'ing it in the end then?