• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

[engine_work] Daviewonders Laser Green 205

Daviewonder

Looks good. How's the colour match?

Colour match looks quite good mate, I'll post a couple of pictures once it's fitted :)

Daviewonder

Fitted the Valence today :)

SAM_2237.jpg

SAM_2239.jpg

I had a bit of a struggle getting the old one off due to it being fitted using torx bolts that didn't have enough space above them to fit a torx bit in. I had to remove the complete bumper and found out a lot of the fixings had rotted away. I need to dig out my new bumper kit now.

I fitted my new spot lights too but I've not wired them up yet due to my loom missing the wiring for the left hand one :blink:

Just need to get the new headlamps now and she should start to look ok :)

(Front badge either dropped off or got pinched so I had to stick a new one on, thats what the clamps doing in the pic)

Strictly_Derv

Thats looks better! I like the wonky headlights haha

With my valance I just took a hacksaw to the torxs nearest the wheels. I'm having second thoughts on my sport valance now, tempted to go back to standard with a fat splitter on...I just love the look of the 205 front-end as they come. What do you wreckon?

Daviewonder

Thanks Max. You don't need to worry about my wonky headlights as You'll only see the back of my 205 in the distance :lol:

I like the sport valance, I'd need to see it in the flesh to decide what looks better.

Strictly_Derv

Pfft we'll have to see about that, hope you like the smell of unfiltered thick diesel smoke

I've decided I like the bumper again after I washed it today seeing it sat 1cm off the sloped driveway. But I don't think i'll keep the Morrette's anymore, I will probably change my mind again next week though haha

Are those alloys actually grey or just really dirty? Never been able to tell :lol:

Daviewonder

Are those alloys actually grey or just really dirty? Never been able to tell :lol:

They're grey but I want to go back to the original silver though as they make the car look dirty.

harryskid

Looks good Dave, is that a stick on badge then ?

Daviewonder

Looks good Dave, is that a stick on badge then ?

Thanks Harry. No mate the retaining pins had snapped off the back so I had to stick it in place.

The annoying thing is that I had a brand new one somewhere buy I can't find it.

Daviewonder

Just a quick update. I've ordered quite a few bits this week so I can carry on tidying up the old girl. All waiting to be fitted tomorrow are-

A new pair of Valeo Headlamps, A new pair of front indicators, A new R/H/R lense, A new gearstick gaitor with green stitching, and the Marmite of the 205 world, a tidy example of a reflective rear panel.

SAM_2252.jpg

Should keep me busy for a little bit in the morning :)

Something that came to my attention is that the reflective rear panels came in different shades, probably depending on if it was a phase 1 or 2 car.

SAM_2244.jpg

Might explain why some suit certain cars and others dont :unsure:

Edited by Daviewonder

EdCherry

Mmmm where did you get the gearstick surround and the reflective rear panel? Id really like a reflective rear panel!

Strictly_Derv

Those should tidy her up abit. Are you going to be using both reflective panels? I want one.

Daviewonder

The Gearstick surround came from eBay Here

And I had my eBay setting set up so that ebay would email me whenever someone lists a 205 reflective panel :)

Daviewonder

Those should tidy her up abit. Are you going to be using both reflective panels? I want one.

Yes I'm using both, one on top of the other :P

One actually belongs on my Sorrento, it dropped off on a really hot day :)

Strictly_Derv

I think you should sell it to me or do a P/X with the Morrettes

Daviewonder

I think you should sell it to me or do a P/X with the Morrettes

You've got more chance of growing a fanny :lol:

Strictly_Derv

You've got more chance of growing a fanny :lol:

I know where you live :ph34r:

Daviewonder

Done a bit to the car today.

I have fitted the new front indicators and headlights and it's looking cleaner and straighter. I tried to fit the rear lense but the cluster appears to be some aftermaket job the doesn't allow the lense to click home properly.

I gave the car a quick clean and wax and took it out for a little photo session-

Laser_Goodwood019.jpg

Laser_Goodwood033.jpg

Laser_Goodwood013.jpg

Laser_Goodwood008.jpg

Laser_Goodwood010.jpg

It's starting to look a bit like a complete car at last. Next on the list is new bumper brackets and a fine tune of the headlamps and indicators, but I think I'll wait for a warmer day to do that.

:)

Edited by Daviewonder

harryskid

Very nice ! Whats with the Earls Court bit though ?. Your hoping :lol:

Daviewonder

Very nice ! Whats with the Earls Court bit though ?. Your hoping :lol:

Thanks Harry. The photos were taken at Goodwood Motor Circuit so I guess it's something to do with the Goodwood Revival? Looks good though whatever it is :)

Daviewonder

One more pic from yesterday that missed getting uploaded-

Laser_Goodwood016.jpg

:)

credowan

Great pics mate, cars looking good

Gary

cRaig

Looks so much smarter with new lights on the front end, liking all the pics, looks cool :) I miss my laser being on the road!

dave205

SAM_0641.jpg

SAM_0642.jpg

After some advice on the oil pressure gauge, the 406 engine doesnt have one, so how how did you do it? whats the little white thing in the pic? My engine has a green sender in the block with a short piece of cable and a green plug, i assume you remove it?

Daviewonder

Great pics mate, cars looking good

Gary

Cheers Gary. Any progress on yours yet? Are you up for coming to the next south coast meet?

Looks so much smarter with new lights on the front end, liking all the pics, looks cool :) I miss my laser being on the road!

Cheers Craig. I've noticed that driving a Laser 205 turns quite a few heads, did you notice this?

After some advice on the oil pressure gauge, the 406 engine doesnt have one, so how how did you do it? whats the little white thing in the pic? My engine has a green sender in the block with a short piece of cable and a green plug, i assume you remove it?

The white thing is the 205 oil pressure sender that connects to the gauge. The other thing is the 406 oil pressure switch, it connects to the oil pressure warning light. I'm not sure what you mean, the green plug on the front of the block is for the knock sensor afaik. Got a picture of it?

cRaig

Yeah, mine did attract a fair bit of attention. :) It is a very rare colour, nothing really else like it on the road, apart from the very similar colour used briefly by citroen. Curse you.. I have taken after your lead and ordered new front and back lights now, my missmached pair of second hand lucas/valeo headlights were starting to annoy me, and your pics were the final straw! :P