• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

[engine_work] Daviewonders Laser Green 205

dave205

Were abouts is the oil pressure sender on the 406 engine? Whats that t-piece you used? Do you know what the thread is? Also do you know if you can still get 205 oil pressure senders?

EdCherry

Looking good! Specially like your respray on the front bumper looks real good.

However craig, fear the honda civic! Similar colour ahoy.

dsc00033iw.jpg

cRaig

I shall give you that, as far as my colourblind eyes can tell it looks pretty similar.. :P I dont think that shape civic pulls it off very well mind..

allye

The last few additions really smartened it up B)

Whats the extra arial at the back? Some old phone signal thing?

Daviewonder

So what your saying Craig is that my 205 was an inspiration :ph34r::lol:

Thanks for the feedback Guys. I'm amazed how different it looks now compared to a couple of weeks ago, the valance and spot lights made such a difference, the headlights and indicators finished it nicely :)

I'm not sure what the small aerial is, possibly mobile phone related?

Were abouts is the oil pressure sender on the 406 engine? Whats that t-piece you used? Do you know what the thread is? Also do you know if you can still get 205 oil pressure senders?

The oil pressure sender is originally in the hole that my ally adapter is screwed into. Miles sells the t pieces I think but I got mine off eBay from someone else. Dunno, Dunno :)

Edited by Daviewonder

dave205

I'll have a look on service box for that sender, see if there still available. The sender on the front of my engine is with a green plug so i'll have to find were my pressure sender is.

I'll ask miles if he can still get me an adaptor.

Thanks anyway :)

cRaig

So what your saying Craig is that my 205 was an inspiration :ph34r::lol:

Thanks for the feedback Guys. I'm amazed how different it looks now compared to a couple of weeks ago, the valance and spot lights made such a difference, the headlights and indicators finished it nicely :)

I'm not sure what the small aerial is, possibly mobile phone related?

An inspiration to spend more money, certainly :D:P

I was just so impressed with how much your lights smartened up the front end, and I think the reflectors on mine were starting to be past their best as they arent as bright as I remember them. Didnt want people looking at my car and saying "corr, those lights look a bit crap' I worry when Ive gone this far the smallest thing stands out like a sore thumb, wish Id never started :D

Daviewonder

Quick update-

I've fitted my new leather gearstick surround.

SAM_2294.jpg

Looks pretty smart with the green stitching and goes nice with the green stitching on the seats :)

Strictly_Derv

Looks very smart B)

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Daviewonder

A bit of an update, nothing major as I've been getting a few bits together and also it's been a bit chilly.

A friend of mine recently bought a 205 GTI and found out that it needed a couple of bits for the MOT. I gave him the bits that he needed and said that he could just sort me out some bits or cash at a later date.

Well today he sorted me out with a few 309 goodies-

Project_Griffe002.jpg

309 GTI Front Suspension.

I intend to clean everything up and either paint it or get it powdercoated with new bushes and bearings before fitting it to the car.

Now the look of the 205 is coming together I've decided to do away with the red strips in the bumpers and door mouldings and have them done in a different colour as I've never been keen on the red strips on the Laser Green cars.

I sorted out a set of trims to Plasticare and some strips to recolour-

Project_Griffe003.jpg

The obvious choice of colour for the strips was the Grey colour that was used on the Griffe. So I ordered some-

grio016.jpg

Gris Canon Defusil FZN

Seeing as I'm going with the Griffe look, the next step was a set of these-

grio002.jpg

Hope to make a start tomorrow smiley-happy088.gif

Strictly_Derv

Liking the progress Dave. Went past yours yesterday and saw the 205 outside, looked good.

cybernck

Nice work. Love the stance and the color of the wheels, though you may want to go Griffe/Goodwood style with grey trim inserts.

I reckon that driving lights with yellow lenses (instead of reflectors) look more retro though :).

Keep us posted!

harryskid

looking good ! :D

Daviewonder

Liking the progress Dave. Went past yours yesterday and saw the 205 outside, looked good.

Thanks Max. And you didn't pop in to say hello smiley-sad021.gif

Nice work. Love the stance and the color of the wheels, though you may want to go Griffe/Goodwood style with grey trim inserts.

I reckon that driving lights with yellow lenses (instead of reflectors) look more retro though :).

Keep us posted!

Thanks Nik. Yeah I've been tempted by the Griffe colour scheme for quite a while, I decided to go for it after I found the colour code whilst doing a search. I'm not keen on yellow lenses as I think they look too dark. Yellow reflectors all the way :P

looking good ! :D

Cheers Harry :)

Anyway, I've been busy rubbing down and painting my trim inserts this week. I also discovered how much easier rubbing stuff down with wire wool is than using wet n' dry paper. It took a couple of attempts on a few of the inserts due to it drying a bit weird but I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out in the end. I have also fitted my Siem lamps with the yellow reflectors-

gri002.jpg

Newly Fitted Grey Inserts.

I also treated it to a set of yellow H4 bulb covers that I ordered from Germany to keep in with the French theme-

yellow008.jpg

H4 Covers

It was a bit strange when I took it for its test run in the dark with the yellow bulbs, all silver and white cars look yellow and all road signs and reflectors light up yellow. They look pretty good even when they're not turned on if you ask me-

gri005.jpg

So thats phase 1 of the Griffalike complete :D

• Like 1

Strictly_Derv

Can you link me those bulb covers I want some!

I'm in Pagham tonight Dave, I'll be leaving about 10 shall I stop by if your about?

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Daviewonder

I bought some spares just incase this happened as it was combined postage :D

You can pick them up Saturday night if you want Mate.

Strictly_Derv

How much?

I won't be about then, i'll be leaving in about an hour in your about?

cRaig

Looking very nice! Always been tempted to turn mine into a bit of a griffe-a-like. Certainly more tempted now!

Strictly_Derv

Fitted those bulb covers and they're pretty good, lots of funny looks off people :lol:

sonofsam

Looking great there :D

Daviewonder

Thanks Sam, good to see you still pop in from time to time :)

Looking very nice! Always been tempted to turn mine into a bit of a griffe-a-like. Certainly more tempted now!

Thanks Craig. Definitely don't do it though, your 205 is far too nice to be turned into a fake :lol:

Anyway I thought I'd do a small update as I haven't in a while.

It had been running a bit rough of late but I hadn't had a chance to investigate. My Mrs reversed into my 205 the other day and popped the radiator so while I was sorting this I had a nose round.

IMG00159-20120601-1957.jpg

Turned out to be a boost leak in the hose that goes to the idle air valve. Now this is sorted she runs like a dream, well almost.

It has developed a ticking/tapping from the top end. It also has a bit of a blowing rasp from the exhaust but seeing as it's a 1 piece system I'm thinking that its the manifold and that the two noises are related. I'll have a nose underneath as soon a the grounds dry again.

Anyway heres a few photos of it at the latest South Coast Meet-

543180_10151807611365137_2019904173_n.jpg

389222_10151807610765137_1077277845_n.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

(Thanks for the photos Max and Chris ;) )

Daviewonder

I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone by, it's MOT time already!

It's been a year of pretty much trouble free motoring apart from the bottom end going just after I got it on the road :D

MOT booked for tomorrow, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Strictly_Derv

Good luck. I reckon she'll pass.

Daviewonder

Thanks.

It failed :lol:

Both Wishbones and both Rear Wheel Bearings.

Looks like I'll be fitting my 309 front suspension sooner than I'd planned. I think I have some new rear hubs in the garage somewhere too.

Hoping for some good weather Tomorrow now.

Strictly_Derv

Oh that's not too bad then. I'm in Pagham ATM might pop through on the way back if your still working on the car