• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

[project] Sarty Evo II - Phase 2 Of Project Sarty

DrSarty

The grin from the power will counteract the grimace of knowing about the wheels.

JB66>

Thanks for the tip re: Techniclutch. Been pleasant so far via eGay comms but you're right, the proof's in the pudding. We will see. If it is bad or fails, then trust me I'm not a person to trade badly with and I'll cope with them.

I just know the Anglia's going to be something special.

pronta

So where are you at now then Rich ?

DrSarty
So where are you at now then Rich ?

Colin said he'd start about mid-July (based on 6 weeks ago if that makes sense). It's really a case of Colin shifting the Anglia to get the space, then the white chassis goes on the stand or spit for the work to commence.

Blast, treat and respray set for September, but in between times I need to get Colin the valance which is at Baz's in Stansted, and SORN the 2.2 at his workshop to rob bits off it like the auto bonnet (Aerocatchs prep'd for fitting) and the radiator for the brackets to be made. He may want the LS1 coil pack rail to measure it up to the new strut brace.

At that time, Oct/Nov I will come home and rob the car blind and sell stuff on. Rear beam, Lambda sensor, steering rack, rear seats, brakes, struts, hubs, Eibachs and yep...them lovely wheels!!

So in short, nowhere yet Guy.

Edited by DrSarty

pronta

What was they said about Rome ?

Oh yeah it's in italy and took more than a day to build

willmounsey

I've just finished reading this thread and i love the idea of a modern 205 mate.

Aye as said there's alot to consider and overcome but i wish you the best of luck, i'll def be keeping an eye on this ;)

how much do you want for the wheels?? :)

Will

DrSarty
how much do you want for the wheels?? :)

I want £7,883 for them.

:D

I think when the time comes, they will be video'd being ritually destroyed for the forum's viewing pleasure. :(

Colin Satchell has been flat out with family affairs. I wish him, his wife and the two little ones (one extremely little) a speedy recovery into normal life and believe Col's getting back in the workshop very soon.

He needs to ( :P ), because he suggested a newer donor car requiring less time, effort and money on bodywork than the one we had in mind being used as an engine store.

So....gulps....I now have Peugeot number 5. ^_^

It was AlistairH's car 5 months ago, and Harry is selling it to me for just £500, including delivery to Bristol; which is nice. B)

11609892.jpg

11609891.jpg

More here

Colin will be working on the boot anyway (to put the turrets in and add the custom new beam) so he can repair the wee bit of rot there, prime/protect it and I'll titivate later. It should be down with Colin by the weekend of 15th Aug.

It also means I'll have a phase II dash, leccy windows and central locking to keep in with the 'modern' theme. As a result the seats will be reupholstered in black leather instead of grey.

Either the tailgate will be repaired or the thrown in red one will be resprayed, but overall this probably amounts to a £1,000 saving, lots of time and a sh1te load of logistics. As time is money, this investment of £500 is a shortcut but a money saver in other ways, particularly as the car will soon offer for sale (from Devon/Cornwall) the following:

* Rear 1.6 beam with good brakes

* 144k 1.6 8v engine complete with loom and ECU

* Gearbox (not sure if this is BE1 or 3 - will confirm & can come with engine)

* Phase II seats front and rear (incl parcel shelf I guess)

* 1.6 driveshafts, front hubs and brakes

* 1.6 14" pepperpot alloys with tyres (condition n/k)

So Sarty Evo II is at last happening. Colin will be able to crack on with everything at his place, with no need to fanny about moving it to a paint shop. He can just work his magic on the rear, any shell stiffening, the custom front subframe and driveshafts. Then it's just me to do the engine and sweeten everything up.

:huh:

Edited by DrSarty

EdCherry

Interested in some of those parts when they are ready for sale :)

hexhamstu

interested in the seats.

Dan Ingram

How much weight will you save buy cutting holes out? Won't that weight be put back on by adding soundproofing to cover the holes or is it quite a saving?

DrSarty
How much weight will you save buy cutting holes out? Won't that weight be put back on by adding soundproofing to cover the holes or is it quite a saving?

After discussion we're probably not going to bother now. Weight will still be lost in places such as no back seats and C5 steels, but structurally it may actually gain a bit of weight with stiffening ribs.

I thought it was a good idea at the time, especially when it was going to get semi-caged. Doesn't seem worth it to sacrifice any rigidity from the shell that would either effect handling or occupant protection in the event of a mishap. I shall remove any further confusion/comments by changing my sig too.

Batfink

Good choice. I think a number of your plans were more race car rather than ultimate road car. I dont think a few kg of weight will detract from the benefit of a stiffer chassis and considering your engine, you wont notice in a straight line either.

Did you finalise the colour of the interior? sticking with red?

steve@cornwall
Good choice. I think a number of your plans were more race car rather than ultimate road car. I dont think a few kg of weight will detract from the benefit of a stiffer chassis and considering your engine, you wont notice in a straight line either.

Did you finalise the colour of the interior? sticking with red?

Did you say "bye bye tsws" ?

These guys may be interested

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/261050.html

DrSarty

I can assure you Steve that's more likely to be 'Rimmers R Us'. :)

welshpug

keep the TSW's :)

DrSarty
keep the TSW's :)

! B) !

That way I'd guarantee to be continually hated and you'd make no new friends for helping it happen. This is not a wise move and the community might lynch you and I Mei. Let's not eh? C5 steelies, gloss black with a red bead.

So what's happening?

The donor J plate 1.6 is travelling to Bristol on Wednesday coming (12th Aug). A friend of Colin's will hold it temporarily and then Colin or another of his buddies will move it down to Cornwall and CS's workshop. There, parts will come off/out as listed above, so a for sale thread will appear with photos of what's available. Colin will then start the structural mods and start makiing the custom items etc. Colin will also rehang the doors. I'm hoping it has a BE3 clutch pedal to suit the gearbox on the 2.2 engine.

The red 2.2, when I'm home and Hardgraf doesn't need it any more, will join in at Colin's and lose its hyper stereo and the engine ready for a clean, a loom tidy, a new ceramic coated Maniflow fanimold. The TSWs will come off and be destroyed and some new Speedlines will go on. Another interior will be found as the current full leather will come out for black with red trim re-upholstering. Decided on red stitched black leather with a GTI or Mi16 motive on the headrest or seat back. Mmmmm. :D

The red shell will then get the XU9 high comp ~180BHP engine to live again and be sold on. It handles and stops like a dream that car, so I don't see any point in breaking it. With the engine and all of the other good stuff it has it should be worth £2,900 or something near that.

I need to have a good root round the J plate white car and ensure the central locking and leccy windows work perfectly, and whilst at it reinstall the hyper sound system and build the new twin 10" JL Audio, removable sub box.

So it IS progressing and pics will follow when everything's in the same place.

welshpug

J plate will have BE3 :) C5 wheels, good call, I'd love a set myself for my current daily, just tooo short of cash B)

Being 1600 are you sure it has C/L + electric windows?

taylorspug

Ive found in the past a couple of times that even if the car doesnt have leccy windows or c/l, it can still have the door looms in it for both of those :)

My old red H plate had this!

DrSarty

The donor car used to be Alistair H's, and Harry who I've just bought it off says it has 'fast glass' ( :lol: ) and central locking already despite being a 1.6.

It's possible he fitted them both, but I got the impression that he admits he or someone else didn't do a good job, as they don't work properly.

This means the loom's there which makes life much easier and I'll fix it.

steve@cornwall
The donor car used to be Alistair H's, and Harry who I've just bought it off says it has 'fast glass' ( :lol: ) and central locking already despite being a 1.6.

It's possible he fitted them both, but I got the impression that he admits he or someone else didn't do a good job, as they don't work properly.

This means the loom's there which makes life much easier and I'll fix it.

My f plate 1.6 and the Cti both had e/w & c/l as dealer fit options from new - I have the original purchase invoice for both>

j_turnell

All 1.6's have central locking just the leccy windows that was an optional extra AFAIK.

DrSarty

Well here's the donor J plate 1.6 again, on it's way to Cornwall via Bristol.

dsc002501.jpg

dsc002521b.jpg

Poor old Harry - the 19 year old lad who sold me this for £500 originally, who is solid gold - called me the day before taking it to Bristol to say the head gasket had just blown!! Poor bugger.

I took £100 off and he got it trailered down to one of Colin Satchell's mates in Bristol FOC. He threw in a cherry red rear valance (which I need for my F plate which has a base model valance and this'll see it right), a tailgate and a few other odds 'n' ends. What a really sound lad; and £400 for this seems bloody good value.

Parts, including the engine (which was only run for less than a minute once the HG went) will be available soon and I will post a for sale thread. Colin's keeping some of the bits on to move the car around initially and as mock up for suspension and driveshaft geometry.

I still plan to sell the seats, parcel shelf, ECU + loom + ign amp + coil + exhaust + engine + inlet, rear beam, wheels x 5, gearbox, driveshafts and front struts complete (i.e. brakes, springs, top mounts/bearings and dampers) as they come off the car, BUT, these will have to be collected from Cornwall, OR the purchaser will have to wait until November when I can post/courier the parts or deliver them to you.

Edited by DrSarty

Baz

Edit, i really should first!! :lol:

Edited by Baz

richsmells

Looks good! Interested in the seats if they're in good nick. :lol:

Edited by richsmells

hexhamstu
interested in the seats.

dibs.

richsmells
:lol: