• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

[misc_work] Carbon 205, Slas Replacement.....

Atari Boy

I love the colour, but then I would, my BMW is carbon black too.

maxi
Think I preferred the old colour though :lol: , although it does look lovely now, and you'd obviously be wanting a change after all these years.

You do know this isnt the same 205 that ive always had??? I hit a deer doing 80mph with that and mullered it.

Thanks for all the comments guys, make all the hard work worth it.

Steve: You are right, ive been mucking about with 205's for a long time now and with all the trial and error I have picked every modifcation on this car for a reason. Ive tried to put together a 205 that is bang up to date with all the bits on it that I personally think makes it an ultimate fast road pug.

Maxi

pete1986

Looks like a mean mother-fcuker maxi!

I had the same problem with my coilovers hitting the bonnet when they were first put on. So i ground the top of the adjuster off. But then a few weeks later they were off again to fit some BBM top mount rubbers, Russ noticed that there was a thick washer missing. With the washer in place, it had good clearance. Now i wish i hadn't ground the adjusters down :lol: Hope that helps

GLPoomobile

Maxi, yes I do know you wrote off the SLA and that this is a new one, but I have to admit that I had forgotten for the moment that I was posting :lol:

Edp

How the hell did I miss this topic?

Fantastic work Adam and it makes me wish I'd stuck a 309 beam on my sorrento. Looks absolutely planted! Gutted about the SLA though she was a beast.

Would love to see this in the flesh!

maxi

Bad luck seems to continue.........

The engine dosent want to rev or pull hard, goes flat about 6K

Last night on my way back from the girlfriends I look in the mirror and see the rear wheel arch waving at me. The chrome trim had come out and as a result only the arch clips kept the wheel arch on. I took great care putting it together so I really hope some jealous little c*nt hasnt decided to try and nick the inserts.

Dont really know what to do now, I have no budget left to spend on the car and I fear there is internal engine issues after the impact with the deer (air filter was ripped and engine bay covered in debris and guts, brains, eyes, limbs, fur, acorns, bits of tree, hedge, glass) in the sla.

Wish I had just saved the money and not bothered.

Maxi

Anthony

If you haven't already done so Adam, run a compression test on the engine as that should highlight anything amiss internally as a result of possibly ingressing bits of deer and debris. Assuming that's all OK, then check the rest of the basics - that you're getting full throttle on the bodies (ie butterflies opening fully) and that the ECU is reading all the sensors correctly and has the throttle pot calibrated would be a starting point, and go from there.

Don't lose hope now :ph34r:

GLPoomobile

s*it, that sucks :(

I know it must seem like you've had nothing but bother, but try not to lose heart and interest. When you do get it finished it'll be an animal, so just try to look forward to it (says the guy who gets f***ed off and leaves his 205 to rot on the street everytime something goes wrong :ph34r: ).

Whatever you do, don't let evil thoughts of breaking it enter your head. Even if it means storing it for a while until you can afford to put it right (I'm assuming you MUST garage it :) ).

maxi
s*it, that sucks :(

I know it must seem like you've had nothing but bother, but try not to lose heart and interest. When you do get it finished it'll be an animal, so just try to look forward to it (says the guy who gets f***ed off and leaves his 205 to rot on the street everytime something goes wrong :ph34r: ).

Whatever you do, don't let evil thoughts of breaking it enter your head. Even if it means storing it for a while until you can afford to put it right (I'm assuming you MUST garage it :) ).

The car lives in a garage with heavy security for insurance reasons, so yeah I could just park it up I suppose.

Cheers for the posts of support.

Ant- First thing I do before even starting the car for the first time is checking all sensors are reading on the laptop and set up the TPS. I have a horrible feeling the vernier pulleys have moved, the car literally has no powerband, before it would light 888's up in 2nd on power on a dry summers day at 6000RPM. Now it dosent want to rev and just goes very flat.

That f***ing deer.

Maxi

DrSarty
That f***ing deer.

Bad news there Ad, but it's not the deer. It's the acorns. Little f*ckers!! :ph34r:

maxi

Right, those f***ing balloon tyres are going to get the elbow. I found my chrome trim, mullered at the side of the road by my girlfriends house. Theres a s*itting great big pothole there and as ive gone through the 888 has obviously twatted the arch and flicked it off. Back on the 45 profile F1's I think. Any mug....er I mean..... person wanna swap a set of brand new monster truck spec 888's for a decent LSD???

As for the engine, its booked on the rollers so I will see what Chris has to say. If we get the problem solved im going to buzz the c*nt round to 8500RPM and see if I find my extra ponies (power was still climbing steeply at 8K last mapping).

Maxi

timmsy19

absolutly stunning car Maxi

shame your having a few issues but dont give up with it now.

need to see this at a south meet soon :)

maxi

New trim insert is on, cost the total sum of £3.49 inc the clips! :ph34r:

Im just about to head outside and lift the rear 10mm to stop the tyres twatting the arches.....

Im hoping there will be light at the end of the tunnel for the engine.

Maxi

omega
New trim insert is on, cost the total sum of £3.49 inc the clips! :ph34r:

Im just about to head outside and lift the rear 10mm to stop the tyres twatting the arches.....

Im hoping there will be light at the end of the tunnel for the engine.

Maxi

good luck you come so far and done so much stick with it

maxi

:lol:B):) ITS OFFICIAL....I CANT STOP SMILING!!!!!!!!! :):D :D

All I can say is I forgot what 231BHP in a 205 feels like.......until today!

After a mates suggestion of the fuel pump being dicky I once again have a spastically fast 205!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mate took a fly by video of it earlier, I will try post it up when he sends me a copy.

Im one VERY happy 205 owner.

Maxi

tom_m

awesome news mate! well chuffed for you!!! :lol:

welshpug

woohooo!

GLPoomobile

Excellent B) . Looking forward to the vid. Also love this comment

spastically fast 205

:lol: