• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

[engine_work] Time For Another Supercharged Gti6 205

rich_gti6

Jamie,

Good work - looks impressive!

Sorry to hear about the issues with the PAS fluid circuit; is this all resolved now?

The comporession fittings are usually very good, did it just need nipping up a bit tighter?

Anyhow, niggles aside I hope it goes OK - have you given it any of the loud pedal yet?

For those of you who are curious, this conversion runs on standard GTi-6 management, with custom software developed by Chip Wizards / Wayne Schofield.

205freak

jamie looking good can´t wait to see it finished!!!

mattbenselin

Hi looks awesome, as said before proper stuff of dreams!

Quick observation question though: I thought the longer the boost piping in a turbo the more lag. Now I know this is a SC not turbo but surely the same principle applies that the shorter the piping the better? Could it not be possible to lower the rad a little and have the IC mounted the other way up? Then the pipe would only need to be short from the compressor to the inlet on the IC and again short to Tb on the other side.

Its amazing how you fitted it all in there in the first place so in no way am I knocking what you've done mate, just a thought.

Matt

JamieTonks

bluumin hell i need to get me one of these

jamie

Henry Yorke

Is the fan on the back of the rad Jamie?

I had the problem of a floppy grille too, but bent 2 bits of "Mecanno" bolted onto the side of the headlight surround which the pins go into the bottom of like standard

Miles

Not wanting to talk about Henry's floppy ......,But Looking good,

250bhp is nothing really, The 205 handles in very well and you just need to control it, Nothing wrong with 300bhp+ in a 205 if driven right!!

projectpug

I agree with miles a good driver (someone who can apply the power properly and smoothly) along with some sticky tyres and an LSD and all is fine in a 205 :)

tidypug

Matt - I spent a long time trying to work out how to do the boost piping, my intention was to drop the rad and put the boost pipes over the top but as space was such an issue i couldn't go this route. TBH the boost piping is still very short when you compare it to a scoobys that have a front mounted intercooler.

Henry - Yes mate i've got the fan on the back connected up to the original wiring and set up as a "sucker". I've let the engine run up to temperature and the fan kicks in and cools everything down nicely, it may be a different story in the summer mind. :D

Rich - The car runs spot on, which is nice :lol:/ The compression fittings were more user error than any fault of their own, i seem to have resolved this issue now though. I just need a new spout for the pump as i tried to bend it a little to give me some more clearance for the boost pipe which has mishaped it a little so its now a fairly loose fit into the pump.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :lol:

Edited by tidypug

marksorrento205

I want one :D It looks sweet a nice tidy job nice one

Craigo

that is stunning, very very stealthy! sleeper!

Garry

I have the fan fitted behind my rad and since having the headgasket changed the cooling system is fine.

Power delivery/traction wise it will be fine, have a look for some of my track vids. ;)

tidypug

nice one, if it works fine for yours then mine should be good too. My main concern now is that when i drove it the other day it was pulling right under power and left when letting off, which is very worrying when it only does it at motorway speeds. I remember seeing uqite a few threads about this but can't seem to find them.

M@tt

jamie, that's exactly what mine did on the eurotrip and it was knackered wishbone bushes.

Check them out, and if they do need replacing and you need a hand pressing new ones in then just give us a shout

oli-pug

Great work mate. I'm looking into supercharging my 6 now, only had it on the road a week and i already want more power!

Your pulling right under acceleration then left when decelerating sounds like a classic case of wishbone bushes.

Edited by oli-pug

tidypug

nice one, I'll check them out, is it best to get them from pug?

M@tt

aye genuine pug ones are the way to go. £18 or there about's for a set that'll do both wishbones

Paintguy
nice one, I'll check them out, is it best to get them from pug?

I've just bought a set from Pug at just under £18 + VAT. It's a kit containing all four bushes, plus all new nuts bolts and washers. Part number is 3599 07.

Have you been out and about in the car today? A mate at work saw a tidy miami on the way to work this morning and I thought it might be you going for a test spin.

tidypug

I took it out last night for a spin, i can tell you its very very fast!

SurGie

Cool but how long will engine last till it is knackered, with the SC ?

What kind of sevice intervals will you be having for it ?

welshpug

as long as its treated with mechanical sympathy and serviced they're fine, the original RichW/Lynx supercharged 306 was running for 30k miles in a similar spec before it was taken apart for an upgrade, not because something broke (well it did a few gearboxes....)

I do like the fact that someone has made a kit like this that works so well, how long till someone fits one to an Iron block Mi16? seeing as it'll all bolt on exactly the same.....

mechanicalrepairs

Cool but how long will engine last till it is knackered, with the SC ?

What kind of sevice intervals will you be having for it ?

Thats a great reply, was that meant to be sarcastic? I have one of these chargers kits fitted to my 306 rallye and it drives fantastic, took it to the ring in the summer and it hasnt missed a beat. As with anything if you treat it well it will be fine, mine has done about 4,000 hard miles and as yet i have no problems to report.

Carl C.G. Cars Leicester

SurGie

I wasn't being sarcastic, i just thought it would be worth having forged internal's & GP3/4 head

or if the bearing's would need changing more often.

I know the 6 engine is strong its just they never came with a SC.

How long do you wait till you have to change the oil and other service bits ?

dean

ihad one of these engine in my 306 and with in a few weeks it started to to get high cranck case presure and then the belt snapped so it was then rebuilt with forged internals

tidypug

well so far so so good, i'll keep my eye on the motor

M@tt

how's it running jamie?