• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

[engine_work] My New Gti6 Engine

Alastairh

Nice one Matt. You'll have to show me in the flesh on Sunday :)

changingman
wiring the gti6 is a piece of piss, 3 wires and your away, switched live, fuel pump and starter. you'll need to bring the looms with the engines but its not that hard at all.

Oh my car just failed its MOT on the bloody front washer pump not working, but thats all :(, in all the rush it was the one thing i forgot to test properly!

not sure if its the pump itself or the wiring but Chris (309pug) has got his mot there as well in a bit so going to test the pump for me and if its knackered then i'll pick up a new one on my way to collect it and they said they'll issue it with a pass if i replace it there and then. So assuming thats ok the plan for tomorrow is to remove exhaust and redo the flange first thing before setting off for pugfest :D

Nice one,cheers!!!

credowan

Saw this in the flesh sunday at pugfest looked good, nice one on getting it up and running so quick you find any gremlins with the runs/journey or everything go to plan ?

Gary

M@tt

cheers, no gremlins at all :P she worked flawlessly all weekend!!

had 3 runs up the hill at pugfest and nailed it up there each time although my driving skills need some refinement :lol: had a bit of a LOO moment on that first long left hander!

only mini niggle is alternator rubbing on the chassis leg on hard left handers but J_turnell came up with a good idea of fitting another little buffer mount on the side of the top mount to stop the engine moving any further towards the chassis leg :P so i think i'll give that stroke of genius a whirl and see how i get on

Edited by M@tt

Paintguy

Good news Matt, glad it all went well :lol:

I've seen a couple of Mi's with the little side buffer you mention. Never thought of suggesting it for yours :P

Miles

Thats a age old idea, Had that on my 309 around 7 yr's ago :P