• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
easypug

[trackday_prep] 205 Gti6 Supercharged

Batfink

I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing this car in the flesh! Whats your rough estimate for getting this rolling seeing that you are away so much?

Ben_M

Very nice toy Easypug I like the wheels. interesting to see the final outcome of the project. What Corp are you with?

Baz
Sticking with 205 front lights, I think they look better with 205 lights :lol:

Rear beam is:

309 Beam tube

23mm TB's

25mm ARB

VTS Trailing arms

Solid mounts

Wheels are ET0 which should bring them out enough for the time being. I'll be looking at other options once it's all complete on wider track front and rear.

I did get a few good bargains recently, engine is going in NNO on Tues/Weds. Will probably make a thread up to show progress on that as i've brought a few other parts for it too. :P

Al - Beer is always good :)

I agree, the 205 lights look much better!

NNO needs a thread too, even if it's not as mental as this one!

I have an interesting link to a French website regarding wide-track stuff. catch me on msn some time! :D

easypug
Very nice toy Easypug I like the wheels. interesting to see the final outcome of the project. What Corp are you with?

REME Mate...

I've also got a set of Comp CXR's too but think I might sell them on.

EdCherry
I agree, the 205 lights look much better!

NNO needs a thread too, even if it's not as mental as this one!

I have an interesting link to a French website regarding wide-track stuff. catch me on msn some time! ;)

KRS? :wacko:

Cant believe I missed this thread, amazing work dude! Will look mental.

Ben_M

I'm in the Engineers.

Best thing I ever did was fitting the gti-6 engine in a 205. I'm now looking to mod it. so I'll keep an eye on this buddy.

Just For Info.. I've got a Standard Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR FQ 360. and went out for a drive with a lad on the 306gti-6 driver forum with a hi boost supercharged 306gti-6 and our cars where identical in power and delivery, just like chasing another Evo IX 360! very fast 306. fair play to the chap nice car. I cant wait to see your car fly buddy.

Hope all goes well

regards Ben

easypug
I'm in the Engineers.

Best thing I ever did was fitting the gti-6 engine in a 205. I'm now looking to mod it. so I'll keep an eye on this buddy.

Just For Info.. I've got a Standard Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR FQ 360. and went out for a drive with a lad on the 306gti-6 driver forum with a hi boost supercharged 306gti-6 and our cars where identical in power and delivery, just like chasing another Evo IX 360! very fast 306. fair play to the chap nice car. I cant wait to see your car fly buddy.

Hope all goes well

regards Ben

Ah right cool, I was looking at getting a IX MR but have decided to finish all my projects for the time being. Projects just seem to run away with you all the time :rolleyes:

Ben_M

Evo is a different kind of toy really, and the running costs are high! The 205 always makes me smile, now I looking to move forward with it.

When do you think you'll get yours finished? What is the costs of supercharing the engine of you don't mind me asking. PM if you dont want to put the price over the net

easypug
Evo is a different kind of toy really, and the running costs are high! The 205 always makes me smile, now I looking to move forward with it.

When do you think you'll get yours finished? What is the costs of supercharing the engine of you don't mind me asking. PM if you dont want to put the price over the net

Yeah I done some research before I looked into getting one, in the not to distant future I think I'll start looking at them again.

I'd like to get it finished around July/August time possibly before if I can.

I think to charge the 6 engine (low boost) it's around £3500. If your interested then get in touch with Rich W on 306gti6.com he is the one who developed the kit. Take a look through the project threads on here for Garry and Tidypug's conversions to see how they got on.

madspikes
I think to charge the 6 engine (low boost) it's around £3500. If your interested then get in touch with Rich W on 306gti6.com he is the one who developed the kit. Take a look through the project threads on here for Garry and Tidypug's conversions to see how they got on.

Great project going on here! Superchargers are awesome, totally different to driving something with a turbo.

But f*** me, £3500! Maybe I should start knocking out an 1.9 8v kit! Including buying the car, ecu, wideband lambda, rebuilding the engine, the car and all the other bit and machining I had done, I'm still not upto the 3.5k mark! But thats using a used charger, and cooler! Then I've lost count of the man hours involved, is where the real cost lies.

Mad.

easypug

Small update. Some of the more expensive items bought now, might actually start seeing some decent progress (after the wedding in October). Quick question, does any one have an opinions on digital dashes? Namely Stack and Race Technoligies.

th_IMAG0223.jpg

EdCherry

Use a Race Technologies dash on the Radical (One of our sponsors). Very user friendly, great display and overall a good piece of kit in my opinion.

ravydavy
Small update. Some of the more expensive items bought now, might actually start seeing some decent progress (after the wedding in October). Quick question, does any one have an opinions on digital dashes? Namely Stack and Race Technoligies.

th_IMAG0223.jpg

Nothing wrong with the Dta dash..

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3407/img0116.mp4

rallyejames

awsome!

Iain-gti

Hasnt this been sold for parts???

Henry Yorke
Hasnt this been sold for parts???

Nope. Jamies built a nice garage for it.

Iain-gti
CLICKY!! Edited by Iain-gti