• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
easypug

[trackday_prep] 205 Gti6 Supercharged

easypug

Hello fellow 205 drivers, as so of you may know I’ve been Iraq for the majority of this year so has not really had any thing to do with Peugeots or cars full stop through out the year. So this is kind of an update to what I’ve been doing with 205’s through out the year which although isn’t a great deal I’ve collected some good parts that will be going towards the build.

Before I left to go to Iraq I had started collecting parts to make a 2.2 Mi16 on throttle bodies as while I was away and browsing the web I saw the supercharger kits that Rich Walker was selling and have opted for one of these instead. I will be opting for the high boost version which I think peaks at some thing like 21psi. It will be running steel rods and low comp pistons bringing the CR down to 8.5:1 the rest of the engine will be standard GTi6.

I’ve not really got any thing exciting to report on at present just some parts that I have acquired. Once I have made a small amount of progress of course I’ll keep everyone updated. :blush:

Here are some pictures of the shell that will be getting the attention over the coming weeks/months and no doubt years.

post-3299-1198255622_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1198255682_thumb.jpg

Edited by easypug

28CRAIG

I am sure you can add a few more pics of shinny bits tomorrow. :blush:

All Praise The GTI

that is going to be lethal!!!

ajm-e30

another animal in the making

smighall

400 brake 205 :P

Richie

Scary fast potential.

Alastairh
:P looks forward to it!

Garry

You won't be the only one with a charged gti6 lump :P

Edited by Garry

easypug
I am doing the same thing albeit the low boost version, 250 bhp/ 220 lb/ft.

Hello Garry

What are you planning on doing with the PAS pump and the AUX belt? At the moment my plan is to just run a "dummy" pump as the easiest solution where Rich intended with the kit.

Garry

Yes some sort of 'dummy' pump will be needed to save messing about with the belt path and size.

Currently I am thinking about the boost pipes, due to the lack of space between the block and the rad I think the pipes will have to run over the top, just like Discostu has done on his project thread. The problem being is that the cooling fins near the gearbox won't allow the rad to go down anymore so its a case of chopping them off or getting a lower radiator. Also, the Forge type 05 intercoolers seem well suited due to the outlet positions, just like the one Zac uses, not sure if that will be big enough for you though!

Alastairh

Dave, what will you be runing then, just Alternator and charger off the aux belt?

Sounds intresting though :angry:

Al

easypug
Dave, what will you be runing then, just Alternator and charger off the aux belt?

Sounds intresting though ;)

Al

What i was going to do was run an electric power steering set up and leave just the charger and alternator but it's been designed to be tensioned with the pump there or at least a pulley at the bottom. What i think i'll end up doing is just use the 306 power steering pump instead of going the electric pump route so i don't have to worry about either changing the belt route or changing the way its tensioned.

easypug
Yes some sort of 'dummy' pump will be needed to save messing about with the belt path and size.

Currently I am thinking about the boost pipes, due to the lack of space between the block and the rad I think the pipes will have to run over the top, just like Discostu has done on his project thread. The problem being is that the cooling fins near the gearbox won't allow the rad to go down anymore so its a case of chopping them off or getting a lower radiator. Also, the Forge type 05 intercoolers seem well suited due to the outlet positions, just like the one Zac uses, not sure if that will be big enough for you though!

I've got a bracket to lower the radiator and am able to ditch the plastic cowling now. My plan is to do everything and then look for a intercooler suited to where i'm able to run the pipe work. I had a look at Rich's and don't think it will be much of an issue even with just the rad tilted slightly at the bottom further towards the front of the car as the boost pipes don't go out any further than a standard inlet manifold would of done.

Nathan

What type of supercharger are you running?

Garry

The kit is designed to run a Rotrex charger.

Garry
I've got a bracket to lower the radiator and am able to ditch the plastic cowling now. My plan is to do everything and then look for a intercooler suited to where i'm able to run the pipe work. I had a look at Rich's and don't think it will be much of an issue even with just the rad tilted slightly at the bottom further towards the front of the car as the boost pipes don't go out any further than a standard inlet manifold would of done.

On my car the rad can't go down due to the cooling fins on the bottom of the block near the gearbox.....

Nathan

There pretty nice units those, which size Rotrex is it, I've used both the C30 and the C38, have to say I prefer the C30 in terms of driveabilty and power delivery. I've used them both on 1.4 busa engines, C30 is 330 bhp (intercooled) and the C38 is 360 bhp (no intercooler).

Also you can overdrive the C30 by 5-10% with no problems.

Garry

I will be using the C30-94 and I am pretty sure Easypug will be too.

The high boost kit made 391 bhp @ 7600 and 281lb/ft @ 6930 with 20psi of boost.

The low boost kit made 250bhp and 218lb/ft with 8psi with conservative mapping.

Looking forward to getting it running :)

easypug
I will be using the C30-94 and I am pretty sure Easypug will be too.

The high boost kit made 391 bhp @ 7600 and 281lb/ft @ 6930 with 20psi of boost.

The low boost kit made 250bhp and 218lb/ft with 8psi with conservative mapping.

Looking forward to getting it running :)

Yep, i will also be running the C30-94 charger. That 391 bhp was a very early run and his since raised the rev limit and expects slighty more which pushes it over 400 bhp.

28CRAIG

Come on Dave get the new pics up i didn't drive half way across the country for nothing. :)

base-1

Awesome stuff Dave, can't wait to see this in progress! :ph34r:

osama

lets see some pics!!

easypug

Not got any pictures of the bits i've got so far but i have a nice little list:

Supercharger kit

23mm Torsion bars

25mm Anti rollbar

Recon 309 rear beam

Billet flywheel

Toyo 888R's 195/50/15

Walbro 250lph fuel pump

Braided brake lines

Pedal box

440cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

Quick shift and new rods

I'll get some pictures on the weekend just so there's some thing to look at.

I've also ordered the pistons which take like 4-6 weeks to arrive :unsure: Not sure whats going to be next :)

TVR Gary

I see you're from Tidworth - only just down the road from me, Andover here

easypug
I see you're from Tidworth - only just down the road from me, Andover here

I was in Tidworth but not any more, I spent many a night in Andover! :)

Any way, little update. Few more parts added to the I have list:

Supercharger kit

23mm Torsion bars

25mm Anti rollbar

Recon 309 rear beam

Billet flywheel

Toyo 888R's 195/50/15

Walbro 250lph fuel pump

Braided brake lines

Pedal box

440cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

Quick shift and new rods

Oil Cooler

Pistons

Random engine rebuild bits (i won't bore you all)

I've got a GTi6 block which i'm going to take to me local Engineering place to get bored out by .5mm. I'm also going to be ordering the rods at the end of this month and hopefully they won't take as long to arrive as the pistons as i want the engine in a trial shell this month.

Not my actual pistons but they are the same just to give an idea. Also a picture of the unsuspecting shell which will recieve all the treatment some time this year.

post-3299-1206544809_thumb.jpg