• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
easypug

[trackday_prep] 205 Gti6 Supercharged

"I want the engine in a trial shell this month."

I'll hold you to that Dave.

28CRAIG

LOL it will never happen not this month.

easypug

I meant within a month punks!

Alastairh

Dave, don't take s*it from them 2 slackers. There almost/are as bad as Paul :)

easypug

Ok now the suspension is complete I can post up the spec. Complete as in I have pretty much all of it not that its on the car.

Front

Gaz GGA front struts

8" 275lbs springs

Eccentric top mounts

309 Front ARB

RJ Wishbones

Rear

309 Beam tube

23mm Torsion bars

25mm ARB

Citroen ZX trailing arms

Bilstien Tarmac spec dampers

I guess the next part which will have a dramatic change with suspension is the cage which will be next.

cybernck

wow, that's a really nice spec, pretty much what i would do, if i was doing it :D.

28CRAIG

Looks like a good suspension set up there Mr P :D

Garry

That is nigh on my suspension set up!

Let the High Vs Low boost battle commence! :D

28CRAIG
That is nigh on my suspension set up!

Let the High Vs Low boost battle commence! :)

I think my alloy block will show you both a thing or two :)

My suspension is the same as Dave's apart from i am going to be using 300lbs so the diffrance in cages and engines will be good to see.

easypug

A long awaited update, few more bits done as you can see. Outside bodywork is next hopefully within a month or so. After which I will concentrate on getting the engine built up and into the shell.

Cage is by X Sport in case any one is interested, very good job too.

post-3299-1217883271_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1217883293_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1217883315_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1217883374_thumb.jpg

Alastairh

Looking good mate. Never thought id see that shell move.

You still going to to chuck the Na RS lump in to see how you get on with it before you go for boost...

easypug
Looking good mate. Never thought id see that shell move.

You still going to to chuck the Na RS lump in to see how you get on with it before you go for boost...

Yeah its getting there, one of the only cars to make its way out of 205 Parts alive! :wacko:

I'm not going to any more no, I'll put the engine engine in complete SC'd spec and see how I get on. It won't take much to lower the power if need be if it really is that bad.

JamieTonks

This looks like its going to be a realy nice car. keep it going

easypug

I like sausage's

easypug

Slight change of plan which will see me using the 205 beam again instead of the 309 beam I had already.

Ok now the suspension is complete I can post up the spec. Complete as in I have pretty much all of it not that its on the car.

Front

Gaz GGA front struts

8" 275lbs springs

Eccentric top mounts

309 Front ARB

RJ Wishbones

Rear

309 Beam tube

205 Beam tube

23mm Torsion bars

25mm ARB

Citroen ZX trailing arms

Bilstien Tarmac spec dampers

I guess the next part which will have a dramatic change with suspension is the cage which will be next.

easypug

Also a small update: I've got a few more parts for the engine. Including what is pretty much Rich Walkers old set up including the larger throttle body and map which made very good power (dyno chart included in post). Over my christmas leave i'll be preparing the underside for some de-rusting and paint along with fitting the suspension and cleaning painting everything else.

post-3299-1227206172_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1227206525_thumb.jpg

calvinhorse

hi easypug, if you dont mind me asking how much was your xsport cage? is it one off? cheers calvin looking good btw :blush:

easypug
hi easypug, if you dont mind me asking how much was your xsport cage? is it one off? cheers calvin looking good btw :blush:

It came in at around £1400 + VAT

They will do a cage to your requirements, best bet is to give them a call and discuss exactly what your after.

easypug

Finally started spending money on this again with the aim to have it complete when I return from Afghanistan in April 2010 or there abouts. Just ordered a collection of bits from BBM which includes:

Grp N Engine Kit

Grp A Rear Beam Kit

16v Hose kit

Shortened Alloy Rad

Next week I will be ordering my brakes, wishbones, pedal box and possibly rear shocks. This will see the vehicle suspension and brakes pretty much complete and ready to assemble when I return. Next port of call will be the engine and Body work :(

Progress :D

mechanicalrepairs

Just looking through this thread and noticed the car, are you the chap i bought a set of cyclone alloy wheels from at the beginning of the year?

We had a bit of a chat then but the car was shoe horned in the garage so i didnt see much of it.

Carl

easypug
Just looking through this thread and noticed the car, are you the chap i bought a set of cyclone alloy wheels from at the beginning of the year?

We had a bit of a chat then but the car was shoe horned in the garage so i didnt see much of it.

Carl

Yep, that was me.

I've now ordered some more bits from Compbrake including:

RJ Wishbones,

Pedal Box,

330mm 4 Pot brake kit.

And finaly a Maxi Kit :)

Baz

Noice!! B)

Keep the work & updates coming when you get back from wraphead-land Dave! :)

DrSarty

Good luck on your tour Dave and with the 'Rag heads', 'Jundies' or 'Chogies' as they are commonly referred to by British 'troops'.

I'm guessing you're coming to Helmand, so perhaps we'll bump into each other at Bastion. If you ever get access to a Roshan or AWCC mobile over here and feel like calling, just PM me and I'll give you my Afghan number.

And get those bits of car off that nice wooden floor! :)

Nice project. Good luck with every-ting.

easypug
Good luck on your tour Dave and with the 'Rag heads', 'Jundies' or 'Chogies' as they are commonly referred to by British 'troops'.

I'm guessing you're coming to Helmand, so perhaps we'll bump into each other at Bastion. If you ever get access to a Roshan or AWCC mobile over here and feel like calling, just PM me and I'll give you my Afghan number.

And get those bits of car off that nice wooden floor! :(

Nice project. Good luck with every-ting.

Thanks, I've not got PM active. If you drop me an email towards the end of October begining of November then I'll get in touch though. My email is: david_t_potter@hotmail.com

Update:

Got a few bits in the post today. Compbrake on the other hand failed to deliver at the times they promised and for one reason or another I decided to cancel the order for the time being. I may reorder some of the items in the coming months, undecided at the moment.

post-3299-1253719354_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1253719369_thumb.jpg

post-3299-1253719379_thumb.jpg