• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

[car_upgrade] My Mi16-conversion Euro-style

Swazy

New inlet fitted, very shiney :huh:

img0154b.th.jpg

img0155x.th.jpg

Maybe we will get the rallye arches on it this week, will see.

Still in progress

Swazy

Well due loss of compression i decided to open the engine again. At this point i decided to install new pistons and conrods from Wössner and P.E.C

Clicky

Clicky

Bad thing was that the diameter of the pin was greater than the diamter from the rods. Wössner has 22mm pins and the rods had 19mm B)

So i had to resend the rods back to p.e.c per express and hope i get the right ones back this week.

I have to hurry up because i has to finish this f***ing car till pugfest

Edited by Anthony
Excessively large images

rallyejames

awsome!

Swazy
awsome!

I hope it will be some day B) In the moment it´s just a hugh peace of useless metal and was on the way to sell it more than one time.

But my goal is to visit pugfest WITH this car

petert

PT1601 cams with that much compression? Cylinder pressures will be way too high. You'll need to severely reduce ignition advance to control pinging/detonation. Keep the exhaust cam but you'll have to do something about the inlet.

Edited by petert

Vili

I might want to buy the PT1601 inlet from you, depending on the price and postage of course. PM if interested.

Car is looking very nice. Hope you get it running soon. Rallye arches would look good on it.

Anthony

Polite request, but can you resize the pictures before posting them as they're somewhat on the large side...

Swazy
PT1601 cams with that much compression? Cylinder pressures will be way too high. You'll need to severely reduce ignition advance to control pinging/detonation. Keep the exhaust cam but you'll have to do something about the inlet.

What should i do then with my inlet cam? I´m running Megasquirt MS2 'Extra, is to handle with that by keeping both cams?

petert

Either sell it and buy something bigger, or get it reground with more duration. It's got 10mm of lift from memory, almost 1mm more than standard. So you can easily sacrifice a bit of lift for more duration.

pug_ham
Polite request, but can you resize the pictures before posting them as they're somewhat on the large side...

Or simply use the thumbnail code that imageshack generate instead.

Graham.

Swazy

I might want to buy the PT1601 inlet from you, depending on the price and postage of course. PM if interested.

Car is looking very nice. Hope you get it running soon. Rallye arches would look good on it.

I do have rally arches for it, but they will come on the car at last.

Swazy

So, after 4 months of waiting, finally my liners have arrived today. So we´ll go on to complete my MI16 again. And i do hope everything will be fine this time. Wish me luck ;)

Swazy

Good LUCK !!! :D

Ok, today the mi16 ran for the first time since a long time period. Sounds good so far. Now on to the final session and complete the rest of it.

Then testing and hoping everything is fine so i can use her to come to pugfest

But still a lot to do, remounting the rear axle, complete the interieur, fitting the rallye arches etc etc

Edited by Swazy

Swazy

Ok, today the mi16 ran for the first time since a long time period. Sounds good so far. Now on to the final session and complete the rest of it.

Then testing and hoping everything is fine so i can use her to come to pugfest

But still a lot to do, remounting the rear axle, complete the interieur, fitting the rallye arches etc etc

Yesterday could take her for the first testdrive since YEARS :) What a feeling again :)

But still some problems to solve, the rear axle per example

254999_148200998586086_100001885614229_303806_426822_n.jpg