• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

[car_upgrade] My Mi16-conversion Euro-style

cybernck

Good work, can't wait to see the wheels on the car :lol:.

Swazy
Good work, can't wait to see the wheels on the car :D.

Me too, but it will take some days till i get the car back from Jan. I´m pretty nervous already now there it goes on with the car

Swazy

My friend Jan has nearly finished the MS2-System, the configs are done so far.

Well it´s goin on and on and on :lol:

pict00023.th.jpg

pict0002irb.th.jpg

Maybe he get the car next weeks on the rollers, i hope so :D

Edited by Swazy

Swazy

First time running on MegaSquirt 2 Extra, fine tune will follow these days

Edited by Swazy

davenport

what did you use to polish the wheels?? mops and a drill?? by hand!!?? they do look superb in the pics..

Swazy
what did you use to polish the wheels?? mops and a drill?? by hand!!?? they do look superb in the pics..

i polished them in first step with a drill and wax, in sconf step a company cleant them with chemicals and putted them in a bath with ceramic stones to get this high gloss finish

redhair

Well done, I really like the look of this car! Fantastic work with the chrome wheels as well, although I like the style of the 14" wheels more, to be honest.

Swazy
Well done, I really like the look of this car! Fantastic work with the chrome wheels as well, although I like the style of the 14" wheels more, to be honest.

I prefered the 14 inch wheels also, but imo the 15 inch ones are the better choice by driving an mi16

Swazy

Wich seats would you prefer, can´t fix my mind wich seat i should take

König Seat

or better this one?

Sparco Seat

or this one?

Corbeau Seat

Edited by Swazy

cybernck

Sparco, in red :).

But that one's not to practical, go for Evo or Pro2000.

Swazy
Sparco, in red :ph34r:.

But that one's not to practical, go for Evo or Pro2000.

After a phone call with my local TÜV-man he told me i have to use seats with an adjustable backrest, fixed backrests aren´t road legal here in germany.

The backrests have to be adjustable with minimum 15 degrees to get them road legal :D

So i choosed this ones in red:

Sparco Torino

Edited by Swazy

Galifrey
So i choosed this ones in red:

Sparco Torino

I was going to suggest that model yesterday and another Sparco, the Milano, but that is a lot more expensive. The alcantara looks awesome tho

Swazy
I was going to suggest that model yesterday and another Sparco, the Milano, but that is a lot more expensive. The alcantara looks awesome tho

Yes, Milano was an option too, but really expensive, nothing for my budget though i just decided to buy a new 308 RC-Z.

And cause i´m not a millionaire and don´t have a rich wife, i have to safe money :P

Swazy

Yesterday arrived a new shiny inlet i bought at ebay.uk :)

So it will makes the engine bay more tidy i hope :)

inlet.jpg

Galifrey
Yesterday arrived a new shiny inlet i bought at ebay.uk ^_^

So it will makes the engine bay more tidy i hope :(

inlet.jpg

;)

WANT!

Swazy
^_^

WANT!

i bought it at ebay.uk ;) Most of the parts in my car are from the uk.

I was in London from 11.05.09 till 11.08.09, it was good, very good. But there was not only one 205 gti :(

Must say i do like england more and more

If i have news about my car, i´ll let you know. She´s still in lübeck, not finished yet :huh:

Spark plug damaged, some issues with the xu10j4 cam cover and the breather pipe in it.

Hope to show you soon the results

Swazy

Some news, my car is now on the dyno. But through horroble tyres i had to send him my new wheels wich will arrive on thursday

But here are some piccies :blink:

pict0012u.jpg

pict0008ut.jpg

pict0009r.jpg

pict0010km.jpg

pict0011m.jpg

Swazy

This was the first test on the dyno yesterday, it runs very well with the basic map.

But at 4500 rpm oil came out of the cam cover ;), seems that´s something wrong with the breather system?!

Gentry_Ba

hey swazy!

NICE conversion! :wub:

I'm looking forward to see the results as soon as possible! :ph34r:

The MI-engine would be the right one for our silver 1.9 racing project... but money is a big problem... :)

cheers,

matthias

Swazy
hey swazy!

NICE conversion! :wub:

I'm looking forward to see the results as soon as possible! :wub:

The MI-engine would be the right one for our silver 1.9 racing project... but money is a big problem... :)

cheers,

matthias

It wasn´t cheap really to put the mi16 inside my car. as you might know it wasn´t a GTI-shell, so i had to change everything, rear beam, brakes, fuel pump, wiring, etc etc

I´m looking forward to see the results as well through this build took several years, depends on my budget too :ph34r:

If Böse could fix my oil surge problem he could do the mapping maybe next week so that i could get my car back home to finish the rest, fitting interieur, ice and of course the rallye arches

Galifrey
If Böse could fix my oil surge problem he could do the mapping maybe next week so that i could get my car back home to finish the rest, fitting interieur, ice and of course the rallye arches

Put some drains from the back of the cam cover/cyl head to the sump.

The Mi Head fills with oil and it doesnt drop back to the sump fast enough, probably then going into the breather.

Prolonged running on a dyno at high rpms would probably exacerbate the problem.

Swazy
Put some drains from the back of the cam cover/cyl head to the sump.

The Mi Head fills with oil and it doesnt drop back to the sump fast enough, probably then going into the breather.

Prolonged running on a dyno at high rpms would probably exacerbate the problem.

We´ll fit a catch tank between head and the buttom end, should fix the problem.

i did a fault, putted a drain from the breather whole in the buttom end right into the oilfiller drain, because i don´t use the oe inlet manifold with his oilfiller, i use the git6 inlet, and as we know they don´t use an external oilfiller

Galifrey
We´ll fit a catch tank between head and the buttom end, should fix the problem.

i did a fault, putted a drain from the breather whole in the buttom end right into the oilfiller drain, because i don´t use the oe inlet manifold with his oilfiller, i use the git6 inlet, and as we know they don´t use an external oilfiller

As long as the catch tank drains to the sump it should help, like the stock breather does...

However, it will still hold a lot of oil in the head before it overflows to the catch tank (from the front of the head) this is what can cause oil starvation.

Edited by Galifrey

Swazy
As long as the catch tank drains to the sump it should help, like the stock breather does...

However, it will still hold a lot of oil in the head before it overflows to the catch tank (from the front of the head) this is what can cause oil starvation.

As long as there´s no damaged to my engine everything will be fine :)

I think the catch tank will help at this point

But the first run at the dyno sounds very good the me, and that was just the basic map :ph34r: Still have no idea how the parts of XU10J4RS, XU10J4 and XU9J4 will work together

We will see, i´ll post the figures and results

Swazy

I made some new pics after i took my car home.

Not finished :D but in still in making.

Clicky

Clicky

Clicky

I bought new cams PT 1601 from Kent, i know there exists better cams, but they were cheap :rolleyes:

Will see what it will bring

Edited by Anthony
Excessively large images