• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dream Weaver

205 Mapped But Its Now Crap :(

TT205

Beat me to it

You want something like a big bolt screwed into the floor pan so that the throttle pedal hits it and can't go any further

Dave

damien
When fitting a throttle stop for WOT , try and limit the travel of your pedal , because all you will be doing if the stop is on the bodies is stretching the cable and putting undue load on it .

i had this problem, i put my foot down too hard and snapped the cable im now abit lighter with the right foot

Dream Weaver

I'll have to look at it again, going to sort the idle stop and return spring first off so I can actually use it. On WOT it's now only just above horizontal, so nothing major.

The pedal travel isn't much now, so adding a pedal stop will make it worse - better to work out a cable/linkage system that is similar to OE.

welshpug

you need the cable to be further away frm the pivot, ideally going round a circular guide that has the same radius as the distance from the pivot, to keep the cable pulling in a linear rate.

(though you may alkready have that, I havent seen your current setup)

The way to calculate the distance of the cable from the centre of the pivot is quite straightforward.

measure the desired pedal travel, multiply it by 4, then divide with pye.

Which If i remember my school maths correctly that gives you the radius at which to position the cable stop.

hope that makes sense!!!

Dream Weaver

Pivot of the pedal, or of the throttle cam on the bodies?

welshpug

AH! I forgot the pedal :doh: I guess to do it properly do both!

wheres al the good smilies like you get on PSOOC?

Sign in to follow this