• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Jenvey Throttle Bodies On The Mi16

Jonmurgie

Well I have officially handed my Mi over to PowerStation to start work on fitting the Jenvey TB's along with a MoTeC M48 ECU :)

delivery1.jpg

delivery2.jpg

Going to take plenty of pics along the way and will keep this thread updated as we go... so this is what's going to be fitted:

Jenvy 45mm TB's

tb_4.jpg

MoTeC M48 ECU

motec_m48.jpg

And I had a 'before' dyno run done just before the French Car show:

dynorun.jpg

170 bhp @ Flywheel

130 lb/ft @ Flywheel

Link to PDF Graph: http://www.mdracing.co.uk/dyno1.asp

So... watch this space.... :)

S33GAV

Any ideas when they plan to get it finished? So interested to see the results, to see what gains you get. MMMmmm TB's...

170bhp is very good for a pretty much standard mi

Jonmurgie

Yeah, 170bhp is a bit keen I think but I'm looking for the difference the TB's make really :)

No idea when it will be done, though before 13th August (combe rally day) would be nice!!

Kitsune

Very nice Mk1.

Good luck Jon, will be very interested to see how the Mi goes after these have been set up.

Robsbc

Emerald have done this already on their stock BX mi16....

The car was 150BHP and 130lbft...

With throttle bodies + 90mm trumpets 170BHP and 145lbft....Most of the gains were in the mid range....

doughboy
Very nice Mk1.

Good luck Jon, will be very interested to see how the Mi goes after these have been set up.

My thoughts exactly..

Looking forward to the results/pics

slider2

well it certainly felt quick yesterday, so should be a stormer afterwards....btw cheers for letting me ride passenger jon, it was a grinfest! :)

Jonmurgie

With throttle bodies + 90mm trumpets 170BHP and 145lbft....Most of the gains were in the mid range....

What have they done mate... fitted Jenvey's with a MoTeC on an Mi? I've read through the article on the Emeral site on fitting Jenvey and assume you mean that one :) Will be interesting to see if the MoTeC improves things a little more...

I don't think there is any doubt that TB's give excellent gains on an otherwise standard engine... though this is he first LARGE step in the tuning process, as some may know I've pretty much always had standard engines (8v and now 16v) :)

Kit's - that golf is gorgeous... and it's driven by a girl (not being sexist but you don't see many race series cars driven by women!)

Nick - Your more than welcome for the run up the hill, sorry I couldn't take your Bro but I had to get home :P Gonna get yours on track soon then?

Robsbc

Just a stock Mi16 with over 100,000 miles on an Emerald ECU...

I don't think a Motec is going to be any better than an Emerald M3D. They both deliver fuel and spark which is what an egine needs...

Rob

Edited by Robsbc

Jonmurgie
I don't think a Motec is going to be any better than an Emerald M3D. They both deliver fuel and spark which is what an egine needs...

Then why are there so many differernt ECU's on the market?!

But anyway, don't want to get into an ECU debate here.. we shall see what happens :)

Edited by Jonmurgie

Robsbc
Then why are there so many differernt ECU's on the market?!

But anyway, don't want to get into an ECU debate here.. we shall see what happens :)

Same as tyres lol!

Most ECU's have so many extra's which aren't needed on the Mi16 which has been discussed before...

slider2

cheers jon, no prob, ive shown him the vid on your site :)

im hoping to get mine on a track soon, i just need to sort out some decent shocks and rubber, then i'll be away....through the armco probably! :)

petert

Motec is top shelf - the best Aussie made product. It gives you flexibilty in so many areas.

Sam
Will be interesting to see if the MoTeC improves things a little more...

It just gives more features that you'll probably never use. But as said they are one of the best.

Jonmurgie
It just gives more features that you'll probably never use. But as said they are one of the best.

Yeah maybe so on this car... but MoTeC's not just for christmas, it's for life :blink:

Toddy

Rob

The 145Ibft was when they fitted the vernier pulleys as before these it made around 133IBft with T/b's iirc

petert

Buying a Motec isn't about how much power/torque it will make. As has been pointed out, at a given RPM/load/injection time, all ECU's will make the same power. It's the ability to add a map or load point at a given RPM, that it becomes impressive.

For example, if you had a plenum chamber with large amounts of overlap, giving a serious dip in torque, you could add a map at say 4300 RPM (in between the std. 4000 and 4500 maps) to sort it out. Or if you had a problem at 92% throttle, right in between the 90 and 95 ranges, you could insert a load point.

The Motec is also able to accept std. sensors. So as pointed out, you can move it from car to car, and not worry about buying new sensors.

christophe

Like they say a ECU will pretty much do the same as each other but MOTEC are the daddy, but they can only be as good as they guy on the rolling road. I used to work for a GT team and the car was mapped on rolling road and just was down on power and burnt more fuel.

Spoke to a MOTEC mapper he did a bit of guess work at that point didnt go near car and did a much better job. but did cost £500 for 1/2 day compared to 30 quid hour. so its just who maps it really. Motec stuff can get expensive but can do so much more than others, although do rate MBE stuff as second best (MOTEC on budget)

evouk

Powerstation certainly know there MOTECS so this should be an interesting thread to watch.....

Roll on the results Jon.

Jonmurgie

Yeah, PowerStation are one of the UK's biggest and best MoTeC Dealers and Rich has successfully mapped many many race cars (including the Moslers in the GT Series) so I am completely confident in what he can do :blink:

rich_w

So Jon when are they going to map it?

Jonmurgie

Well when they fit it really... I will keep the thread updated with pics along the progress but right now don't hold your breath as it's being fitted around more important work :blink:

blackscooby

mmmMMmmmm MoTec :blink:

Your budget is obviously bigger than mine ! (hence why I've only got DTA!)

Are you going to be using some of "extras" such as Traction, and Launch control. I've looked into both of these on the DTA, but I've only got the cheapo ECU that doesn't support full on tracton contol :D

Jonmurgie

Not for the 205... I'll soon have a quaife diff so that shoudl sort traction and I don't 'launch' the car very much (well, a bit at Prescott but I never do drag racing)

I might have a chat with PS about those options though, see if they think it's something that can be done or not and if it's worthwhile though...

Robsbc
Rob

The 145Ibft was when they fitted the vernier pulleys as before these it made around 133IBft with T/b's iirc

Yes with verniers...Forgot to say

Sign in to follow this