• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rolando

Red Phase1 Cti 2.0 8V Turbo

Rolando

i had ago today at bending the arm but it didn't work very well :( i bent it where the red circle is on the pic below till it was about 10mm away from the turbo but then the linkage ended up fouling the smaller linkage? the only way i can see this working is if i move the ball down to where I've circled in blue and cutting the excess off?

the 2 linkages run near enough parallel to the gearbox so there isn't much room to play with?

E75CCFF1-CD3C-4C83-9005-C7FF10932DC4_zps

pugdamo

That's very odd, where that red circle was exactly where I bent mine then it was all good, I didn't have to do any cutting and welding on that linkage so I'm a bit lost to be honest, typically iv not got any pictures of mine either.

Slo

When i did mine i grinded through halfway where the red circle is to be able to bend it right down easy then welded it back up again then the linkage i bent twice to fit around the other linkage, you will need some sort of cover on the linkage to stop it getting heatsoaked, the original linkages have plastic inserts that will melt out and go all sloppy in no time!

Rolando

hmmm i don't really want to bend my linkages if i can help it as they're uprated ones and i'm not too sure how they'd take to being bent lol

what would happen if i bent it where the blue circle is? or bent it half way between the 2 circles and extended after the bend by 10mm or so? could i get away with this??

Rolando

finally sorted my gear linkage problems :D:D extended it by 12mm. will post up pictures over the weekend hopefully.

Miles

You can stick the ball on the other side, gives some more room

Rolando

so how i sorted my gear linkage, i extended the L bracket by 10mm and bent it down so it would miss the turbo. works a treat and the gear are pretty tight as well.

563D8964-5F10-4605-9282-9EDCC431D6B9_zps

i finally got my loom back from sandy so i started fitting that today. also started fitting all phase 2 interior and engine bay wiring. this is slowly becoming a pain as its been well over a year more 18 months since i took it all apart so remembering where everything connects and goes has become more of a challenge today! especially around the fuse box/relay fitted the phase 2 heater matrix, blower system as well.

1D6868F3-04AB-4DFA-87E4-E45E9A88ACF7_zps

if anyone can help with next pictures that would be appreciated. like i said its been so long I've forgotten a lot of it.

what is the yellow plug for? i'm guessing oil temperature or oil level??

​B2A57D26-AA46-49BE-9B17-7CC0DC179E3D_zps

what is this 2 pin plug by the ecu? i'm thinking boost solenoid? although i don't think its long enough?

​E0E754CD-5880-4140-B7CB-349901C33010_zps

finally this big plug? i thought it was for the abs pump but sandy removed all the abs wires so haven't a clue?

​FF037191-FB8C-45B3-8D67-F922F1393B2F_zps

also over the summer I've collected a few bits, magnex exhaust and these beautiful 1.9 wheels done by tony fallen of GTI distinction. he's a top bloke. highly recommended!

​A79B201B-0192-43F4-8014-E586C21B0E04_zps

​7660B21A-AE1C-4DE6-AF5C-865ABD4E82EB_zps

​8271BC8D-BEA2-4B87-867F-81A807919F91_zps

hopefully going to finish connecting all the wires in the fuse box tomorrow and start getting the dash back in. thats the plan anyways for now. need to write a list if i'm honest!

Slo

Yellow plug is oil level if it goes downwards, plug next to ecu is probably obd and the wide plug is ignition amp

Rolando

yeh goes down round the back of the engine. have to have a look tomorrow if its got 1 or 2 wires as i'm pretty sure the wire on the loom is only one tho.

plug next to the ecu i'm 100% sure is the boost solenoid looking from old pictures now.

i'll have to find an ignition amp as i don't think i have one. are they all the same or specific for the 406 turbo do you know?

jackherer

The amps are turbo specific, or at least they are different to 205 8v or Mi16 amps, they may be used on other engines.

• Like 1

Slo

Ive seen 2 different ones for all the xu10j2te engines and read theres a 3rd variation, they are specific to the engine/ecu

Slo

I once drove a 605 from southampton to nottinghamshire where i live without the turbo working. The seller said it had a problem with the turbo and hed had the boost piping off so expected a slow ride home, the engine was pulled out and stored. When i did my engine conversion i went back to the engine for its ecu as it had apparantly had the keypad bypassed but it turned out to be a gm ecu for a 3 litre vauxhall omega. Who would ofthought it would run but it did.

Rolando

haha really?! thats crazy! how would i find out which amp to get for mine?

Anthony

The amp is just an Bosch MTR04 isn't it, used on S16's and MP3.1 setups along with a few other non-PSA cars?

• Like 1

Rolando

thanks for that. i'll have a look today see if i can find one in the garage. failing that i can price it up on monday at the motor factors.

can't express how much help you've been andy!