• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rolando

Red Phase1 Cti 2.0 8V Turbo

Rolando

another update on the panel. what a pain in the ass job to do!!! had to remove the drivers wing to get to all the spot welds which is a job in a half its self. i managed to get the whole front end pattern part from eurocar parts for like £40 which i thought was reasonable and was considering changing the whole lot but looking at the part it was terribly made. so i decided to take it apart and only use the panels i needed which was the drivers head light surround.

2D737A3B-8F21-4982-A7FC-1D8E4ED5DAE1_zps

66270E89-E85E-4677-8307-C2377D78451D_zps

i wanted to try and keep any original panels as i could so basically just changed the headlight surround and kept everything else.

2C1C5FA2-4242-45FB-BF13-5004FDBE710B_zps

in the end i had to also change the bottom cross member as mine had it as you can see in the pic below. when i started to change this i fitted the slam panel so i could measure down to make sure the gap between the slam panel and cross member was the same. upon doing this i found out the slam panel was out by about 10mm which really wound me up. i couldn't work it out as i used the original top part that goes over the head light which lined up perfectly where you bolt the wing down. the only conclusion i came to was as the other side had been completely changed before i got it, they didn't line it up properly.

35DC946E-F776-4888-B045-4A857D81F145_zps

Rolando

with the welding near enough done and the car in my garage. i stripped the engine bay last weekend and started prepping it ready for paint.

E4F37F27-2A6B-42E5-8F97-466CA4810615_zps

50FBC2DD-3585-4FD5-B041-2BE568E024A9_zps

and then yesterday me and my mate done all the prepping and sprayed it. to be honest i'm really happy considering we've never sprayed properly before. was worried we didn't panel wipe everything and the paint would react somewhere. the only other thing is i went with cherry red (paint code P3KB) and it seems really really red!!!

3BF119F1-BE38-4310-9AEB-C3ED93E10531_zps

E5EDF2BA-0112-482D-86AF-120DC5913D0E_zps

before.....

FF04316E_zps97763ac3.jpg

after......

85D826AA-D7B0-45E1-B86B-5F008F9C0014_zps

Rolando

been dragging my heels recently but I've managed to fit the engine and new wings and today we gave them a lick of paint along with the bonnet. just wanted some paint on them over the winter as my garage gets a bit damp but they'll be redone again when i get the whole car sprayed

FEC09F61-CD9E-49B0-8CB1-5D96A7F0A53A_zps

DA5C8AB1-EB0D-4617-8D73-30A83F35CF74_zps

676A806A-F2D0-41AE-B3E8-D99BD5661B29_zps

• Like 1

pugdamo

Looking good mate,are you doing the spraywork?looks very good.Be wiring time soon ;)

• Like 1

Rolando

i'm not, i'm helping with the prepping tho. my mate wants to learn so i said i'd buy the paint if he wanted to practice on my car. tbh hes done a pretty good job lol yeeeh wiring next once ive fitted the sub frame, shocks, hubs driveshafts etc. can move forward again with it now :D

Lukespeed

did you have to lengthen your bottom mount? im doing the same conversion in a gti and i aren't happy with how close the turbo is to the steering knuckle? theres only a couple of mm clearance

Slo

The original turbo fork (if you have it) should be a bit longer than the gti one allowing you to drill the holes 15mm in front of the oe holes, the turbo sitting so close to the steering knuckle is one of the disadvantages of this conversion

Steve

The original turbo fork (if you have it) should be a bit longer than the gti one allowing you to drill the holes 15mm in front of the oe holes, the turbo sitting so close to the steering knuckle is one of the disadvantages of this conversion

I moved my engine and gearbox forward 15 mm , by re drilling the engine/gearbox mounts. I lengthened the lower mounting fork as well. This means no turbo fouling on the steering rack( even with the heat shield fitted), as a added bonus the turbo pipes have more room to clear the standard servo master cylinder set up. Best of luck with the conversion Rolando

• Like 1

Slo

the turbo pipes have more room to clear the standard servo master cylinder set up

This is the main reason for the lower fork 15mm extension as well as getting the exhaust manifold lower into the tunnel.

Rolando

that must have taken some doing moving the actual engine and gearbox forward steve? have you got any pics? are your driveshafts ok?lol

ALEX

My cti was almost rust free apart fom the headlight surrounds.

got lucky with mine, ebay came up trumps with a pair of genuine headlight surrounds for £30.

project looks good so far, going to have to do one of these meets sometime as i need an excuse to take mine for a good run.

Steve

that must have taken some doing moving the actual engine and gearbox forward steve? have you got any pics? are your driveshafts ok?lol

Hi Rolando if you look on my content you'll find the link

"Fitting A 205 With A Citroen Xm Turbo Engine"

I did the conversion slightly different lol but the drive shafts are still going strong. Only running 170 at the wheels, but I have enjoyed the Nurburgring and curborough with no problems , however the front suspension is only lowered 30 mm.

Steve

Added a link in my signature to my 205 turbo build, custom exhaust manifold and t25 "should " be fitted this week

Steve

New turbo fitted, at last. Needs a little re routing of the water pipes and oil pipes.fitting the induction tomorrow..... Yes the bonnet does get a little tepid ????

post-24603-0-96677400-1423862587_thumb.jpg

Steve

Giving loads of boost. I made a manifold for a Nissan 200sx turbo, tried loads of places, but this works best. Gives a straight ish down pipe and clears everything. It's 40 mm from the the bonnet. 1.3 boost to 6500. The lag is about the same as the original standard set up. The torque is astounding, 30-80 is perfect. Just need inter cooler pipes with flares as they have popped off a couple of times. How's your turbo going ?

• Like 1

pugdamo

Im liking that,nice work.Have you uprated the internals aswell?

Steve

Im liking that,nice work.Have you uprated the internals aswell?

Just checked the bottom end, replaced the shells as a matter of course. Fitted the updated oil cooler as supplied by AllanAllen. I've also modified the cooling system. TBH on my 185 15 toyo road tyres full boost just spins the tyres , that's with a quaiffe fitted. Good times

Slo

Giving loads of boost. I made a manifold for a Nissan 200sx turbo, tried loads of places, but this works best. Gives a straight ish down pipe and clears everything. It's 40 mm from the the bonnet. 1.3 boost to 6500. The lag is about the same as the original standard set up. The torque is astounding, 30-80 is perfect. Just need inter cooler pipes with flares as they have popped off a couple of times. How's your turbo going ?

Im surprised it doesnt melt the windscreen nevermind the scuttle panel being so high up :lol:

Neglected mine for such a long time and its picked up an annoying misfire now so binned it off for a while and got myself a 206cc

• Like 1

Steve

Im surprised it doesnt melt the windscreen nevermind the scuttle panel being so high up :lol:

Neglected mine for such a long time and its picked up an annoying misfire now so binned it off for a while and got myself a 206cc

My head gasket went just at the start of the slippy season and while it was stripped down I thought mmm a modern turbo lol. I was shocked by the price of turbo manifolds though so I adapted one, and as a plus point I got a heated windscreen . Ive been using a ford ranger heated seat and proper working wipers lol. Can't wait to be using the 205 everyday.

Slo

Id have a serious think about getting some sort of heat shield over that if only to stop it scorching the bonnet paintwork, its silly close to the brake pipes as well :excl:

Steve

All sorted Andy, the turbo jacket will be fitted tomorrow all the manifold and down pipe are wrapped. Collecting my silver flexi heat wrap from demon motorsport to cover any remaining pipes etc. The photo was taken just after the first test, you can see the turbo ecu waste gate controller is not fully connected, as I set it using a pressure pump and gauge on the waste gate actuator. won't be cooking my rack or gear linkages any more

• Like 1

Rolando

sorry, been a bit slow with this, had a month away in december and then who really wants to play with cars in a cold garage in january? :lol: plus ive had to mess around with 2 ford transit's ive bought. anyways between all that i have managed to lower the rad with some brackets i made.

​

​0E820398-757D-49F8-B959-C41C63A2B7A8_zps

​

​8BAE71FE-57AF-4D8C-AE56-C98B2E6E4F8B_zps

Edited by Rolando