• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

speno

I put one of mine on ebay

Then the other one goes too

Josh_Quant

Drove the diesel 600 miles in 2 days to pick up more 205 bits of course :D

Daviewonder

Nicest day of the year and I have man flu :(

jamie_1992

fixed my leaking sunroof (hopefully) fitted a new number plate and washed the gti and the xs

DSC_0314_zps2w4ufxjh.JPG

DSC_0315_zpsygo2awvg.JPG

DSC_0316_zpsa3pxteqf.JPG

mowflow

Welded my headlight panel on. This was the last day of welding on the 205, it's been a steep learning curve and I'm not ashamed to say my welding is still utter s*ite.

My grandfather would be ashamed. He was a master welder and worked on the QE2.

Slo

Welding isnt hard to learn but can be if you learn with a cheap welder. Since I started many moons ago the best tip I ever learnt in welding is too have a steel liner in the torch as cheap welders come with a plastic brake cable liner that the wire snags all the time and makes it impossible to get a good flow because of the stabbing action that ensues.

No reason to be ashamed of any work if you've done it yourself. ;)

mowflow

I used a Snap on/Cebora which my old man had bought from a local mechanic a few years back. First repairs were terrible looking but igot better as I went on, still hit or miss and always needed to do a lot of grinder work to tidy up. With a bit of smoke and mirrors the inner wings look pretty original.

I've got 2 friends that work as welders, both offered to do the work for me but I figured it was a good opportunity to learn a new skill.

Anthony

Went for a blast in the old girl through the sunny Cotswold countryside, getting a thumbs up and flash of the lights from a couple of other 205's along the way :D

Now taken a deposit on the car and the new owner will be taking delivery later this week. Bye bye GTi :(

• Like 1

TooMany2cvs

I've got 2 friends that work as welders, both offered to do the work for me but I figured it was a good opportunity to learn a new skill.

Good for you! I've always copped out, and had friends who are good welders do it for me - but, finally, this is going to be the year that I learn to weld.

d7ve_b

Yesterday - new wishbone, coolant, gear oil, engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs in preparation for putting her up for sale :(

Anthony

The black one Anthony?!

Yes, although both my 205's are black to be fair - it's the standard-ish 1.9 that I've sold.

The new owner is a member on here and I know it's going to be well cared for and regularly given a damned good thrashing, exactly as a 205 should :lol:

Still got one 205 in the fleet so I'll not be going anywhere quite yet

• Like 1

S@m

I now have the wonderful feature of being able to start the engine from the drivers seat!...........instead of getting in the car, turning the ignition on, popping the bonnet, getting under the bonnet, bridging the battery direct to the solenoid using the preprepared length of wire with a spade terminal on either end, starting engine, getting in, driving off.

Not much fun taking a starter off in the hail on a Saturday afternoon but i just needed to swap the solenoid from a spare one with a cracked housing - always handy keeping spares!

Edited by Sam306

ginger205

Man v's Loom... Man wins!!

Why LAD don't remove this when the do the twin 45 conversion I'll never know, too much work, "you might need it one day" yeh like I'd need all the other stuff you took!!

BAB9FF68-FF0D-4297-9C4C-08AE0DBF19E5.jpg

stu8v

Front struts off, top mounts off so I can get them modified for bigger bearings, Oh and spill gearbox oil all over Grrrrreat!

Edp

Went for a blast in the old girl through the sunny Cotswold countryside, getting a thumbs up and flash of the lights from a couple of other 205's along the way :D

Now taken a deposit on the car and the new owner will be taking delivery later this week. Bye bye GTi :(

I love seeing other 205s on the road and getting a thumbs up :D

acox99

Painted the inside of my bonnet while there is a break in the weather......

welshpug

Buried it in parts picked up from Huw.

S@m

So you had the VTS beam, Mei!? I wanted those trailing arms! :lol:

welshpug

Aye :P

Doesnt need to be a vts btw ;)

iPlod999

Getting rid of the swirls and scratches that were inflicted on each wing when getting my engine rebuilt.

From this:

20140207_132409_zpselenvvsl.jpg

To this:

20140207_133634_zpspdoxbaoc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

S@m

Aye :P

Doesnt need to be a vts btw ;)

I'll trade you for a 306 S16 beam, go on.......

Edited by Sam306

muscles205

hi dropped my car off today engine out and then to the painters full paint job, cant wait for it is done keeping same colour red and ill put the photos up when done guys at the job will put on disc for me

Edited by muscles205

Ballyafb

Half stripped a very rusty 306 beam. Oh what fun that was! Not looking forward to pulling the bars out, or stripping the 309 beam. Hope it is all worth it in the end getting 306 arms on a 309 beam AND doing a coilover conversion....

rallyeash

Getting rid of the swirls and scratches that were inflicted on each wing when getting my engine rebuilt.

From this:

20140207_132409_zpselenvvsl.jpg

To this:

20140207_133634_zpspdoxbaoc.jpg

Wow!

• Like 1