• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

kyepan

Drove it all weekend and it didn't skip a beat, it did however make an e46 M3 raise an eyebrow by maintaining a parity of position despite his best attempts to flee. Got complimented by a chap doing removals on one of the flats in the block.

It also probably killed a thousand people at least, and several kittens, and puppies.

Edited by kyepan
  • Like 1

Anthony

Finally pulled by finger out and dropped the now (hopefully!) oil-tight engine back into the 205.

All running again and seems good, so I'll tax it tomorrow and give it hell as the perfect antidote for these dreary diesels.

(cue tomorrows update about having spat conrods all over the floor...)

• Like 2

jimbob

Set about stripping down my shell to make judgement call on keeping her going, I think I'm set on getting her back on her get now ;)

Looms pulled back into the car

Engine bay all but stripped

Everything but the rear beam off underneath

Ready to get cracking again tomorrow, let's see how long the motivation holds up...

Daviewonder

Refitted r/h strut and fitted new rubber boot to wishbone ball joint.

Edited by Daviewonder

Paul_13

Fitted a set of stdt clocks to the diesel to replace the poverty spec ones

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

Another 6 months tax purchased this afternoon :) Off for a nice long drive tomorrow :)

Edited by AlexRS2782
  • Like 1

2052NV

Did 4600km's around the South Island of New Zealand and 4 track days over 2 weeks and it only had two soft break downs that were fixable on the side of the road..... Which is an amazing effort for a French car :P

• Like 1

pyrrhic

Found out I have the wrong injectors in my car, which might explain why it isn't running at 100%. The injectors installed are for a 2.3-liter Mustang and flow twice as much as the required for the XU5JA. My AFM must be severely leaned out to make it drivable.

• Like 1

cybernck

Someone knew you were from the States and wanted to make you feel more like at home with the CTI? :D

• Like 1

Rock Lobster

I took mine for a quick blast in the sunshine, got the engine running sweet as a nut for the first time in years! Also scared myself stupid due to wandering all over the road and pulling left under braking! Next stop, suspension!

Just when you think you've cracked it, it decides something else needs looking at!

• Like 1

RossD

Refitted the front number plate in preparation for its return to service on Saturday. (MOT booked and insurance starts from Sat.... Can't wait!!!)

• Like 1

kyepan

walked past it and decided it needed a wash - saharan sand all over the fricken shop.

Simes

Drove it to a PH meet, wow twice in a week....feels like 2001 again!!

Wes

taxed mine today. took it out to get petrol and ended up doing 30 miles! after not driving it for 6 months, a quick blast at sun down on dry roads has rekindled my love for my 205 :)

• Like 1

pyrrhic

Fixed the dipstick. I didn't like how the dipstick was only attached at the bottom, and every time I wanted to check my oil I had to hold on to the tube; I wanted something more secure.

Made this bracket out of aluminum, about 2 inches between holes, added a rubber clamp with a split hose inside it because the dipstick tube is thin, plus a screw, locking nut and two washers. The bracket is too long in this picture, as I made it at work just eyeballing the measurement. When I went to install it on the car I had to shorten it about one inch.

1623424_548422945272266_532078658_n.jpg

Dipstick is now secure and I can pull it out with just one hand.

10014668_548422838605610_192822173_n.jpg

Detail of mount on engine block. I had to pull out the distributor to install this.

1509267_548422808605613_1126257682_n.jpg

I am also in the process of making a similar bracket to secure my oil bottle, whose plastic mounts have broken off. It is T-shaped and will be attached to the bottle using two hose clamps. The bottle will have to be modified to remove some of the plastic material on the original mounts. I'll post that when it is complete.

10171851_548422918605602_445638565_n.jpg

Edited by pyrrhic

Jolly Green Monster

Booked a trackday at abingdon for friday

AlexRS2782

Made use of the weather & took the car on another long run to make sure everything is still running fine in advance of the MOT due by the end of the month - 3 & 1/2 hours, 150 miles & a 1/4 tank of Super Unleaded the car is still running spot on :)

Just need to check the rear fog light though as it's either the bulb or the wiring that's at fault as after checking it today it must have stopped working at some point in the last year - not bad for the only fault on 1 23 year old car though.

pyrrhic

Spent all day topless, rare warm April day in Germany!

iPlod999

Stopped at traffic lights. Wiped a microfibre cloth over the dash and radio.

• Like 1

Daviewonder

Stopped at traffic lights. Wiped a microfibre cloth over the dash and radio.

Ha Ha I've been there.

Jolly Green Monster

Scrapped it

A038290D-7ADF-46BA-B16C-EF7596764D43_zps

4813C285-13B3-42E9-AD35-BDB2AFD370E5_zps

D6045765-E6B2-439A-BCE2-0B071A5EB36E_zps

Glad I have the proper 205 :)

Simon

2052NV

Those looked like good black trims and mouldings!!

Jolly Green Monster

Screws through them

• Like 1

pyrrhic

I could give you my steel wheels for those... :(