• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Anyone Recognise This Engine?

dobboy

Photos or it didn't happen! :lol:

I was gonna take a pic, but thought the guy might have thought i was casing his cars/joint!

Tom Fenton

Problem with stainless is that it work hardens then goes brittle.

dobboy

Got the injectors back this morning and have spoken to the guy. I was concerned about the impedance values as they are wildly different to the Autodata data of 14-18 Ohms. The guy said they are dynamic resistances that were measured as the machine was running.... and if i measure them now they will correspond to the Autodata readings.

Anyway, he said they weren't too bad before cleaning, although a fair bit of silicon was present, this comes from petrol. Told me to add an additive to my tank and to do it every 6 months or so.

Not much of a test report but here it is if anyone's interested.

post-23841-0-54043800-1395744867_thumb.jpg

dobboy

Well the engine ran tonight for first time, and I'm chuffed to bits.

A little bit of a hick up to begin with. When the 8v was removed I ran in new back brake pipes and also dropped the fuel lines to put a heat proof sleeve over them as the rise into engine bay, I had marked them up on bulkhead "R and F'". Long story short I got them mixed up. Fortunately there was enough slack on the rubber pipes at the tank end to allow me to cut and swap them over there, or it would have been a bit of a disaster for me as all my fuel pipes etc are all cut to length etc in bay.

Anyway, it runs, and although I had no exhaust on it seemed to run flawlessly, with no reek, or obvious noises, and all my dash seems to be working correctly as I used the 8v sensors.

Happy days.

camgti

Good work!!

Glad to hear all the patients and checking paid off. Seems like a nice healthy motor!!

Cam