• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Anyone Recognise This Engine?

theo-mi16-gr

this means that corolla is so much better designed with unblockable injectors? :) and there is also the lovely corolla 1.6 on throttle bodies too..oem engine.

allye

I have a 1.6 1989 corolla. You couldn't kill it if you tried.

You can kill a gti6 engine without trying! Just saying. :P

camgti

Totally agree, hence why they need a clean.

Putting my ego back in its bag.

Anyway, the op asked and I answered best I could. What he wants to do is his business. If he feels better parting with money to clean his injectors then so be it. I was only helping out.

Also, living in Australia probably makes the biggest difference. We have terrible fuel compared to Europe/Uk, probably why the guy I use regularly sees dirty injectors.

Cam

Edited by camgti

allye

Yer fuel here is poo, what the hell is 91ron!!!! My corolla is carb.

theo-mi16-gr

Then at australia it is like running petrol mixed with butter? it makes sense then :-D

I have to say though that gti6's injectors may need more often cleaning in comparison with mi16's cuz of different spraying.

ps especially old corollas are unbreakable..lol

theo-mi16-gr

camgti..thanks for the light reading however..what i say it is just that clogg can't get builded that easily..

rallyeash

In the states recently I could get 87 Ron from the pump. I was like.... Will this actually work! My piss combusts better.....

jackherer

They don't use RON in the US, its an average of RON and MON so you can't compare directly. Their 87 octane (not RON) is better than it sounds.

Also it is nothing to do with how well it burns, it's a measure of its resistance to autoignition.

rallyeash

Said 87 on the pump handle! So I only went on what I read.

Indeed, the more controlled the combustion the better and a higher Ron is more stable when ignites?!

Edited by rallyeash

rallyeash

Don't know, remember one of the pump options was an ethonal mix

Reebmit

Thanks, i PM'd him a few weeks back but he's never got back to me.

I'll try again.

Thanks.

I think it sometimes takes a little time to get hold of him but I hear his work is really good :)

dobboy

From this

post-23841-0-99043100-1389035742.jpg

A few winter nights work with a bit of elbow grease, brushing, painting, every bracket powder coated etc etc

to this

post-23841-0-47753000-1392412260_thumb.jpg

dobboy

I think it sometimes takes a little time to get hold of him but I hear his work is really good :)

Reeb, i've found somewhere else that do it.... albeit at £67 for 4 injectors.

included is a full before and after report, and even a video if you want it!

theo-mi16-gr

So..you bought a new engine from peugeot?? :D Perfect job! Can you do mine too?? :)

dobboy

Theo, yeah I'm happy with the results, it looks a bit better in the flesh, most bolts/nuts replaced to stainless, and painted parts well lacquered, so it should stay looking alright for a while.

I won't be doing another in a hurry.

Paul_13

Watch what you replace with stainless. It's not ideal for some applications

dobboy

Watch what you replace with stainless. It's not ideal for some applications

As in galvanic reaction? Or something else?

welshpug

Strength.

Even a good SS bolt is about half the tensile strength of a standard HT bolt at the most.

Edited by welshpug

camgti

Will be interesting to see the before and after report.

Cam

dobboy

Eventually delivered the injectors to a garage with the ASNU ultrasonic cleaning machine this morning.

Apparaently there are little metal sivs that trap any particals at the back end of the injector. The guy was telling me that when people add an injector cleaner/petrol additive, that the crap gets trapped at these little sivs.....so he'll renew them as part of the service.

But what i was really surprised to see in the garage, was not one, not two, not three, but four nice GTI's, all owned by one guy.

I should have the injectors and report back in post tomorrow..... and will post test sheet.

jackherer

But what i was really surprised to see in the garage, was not one, not two, not three, but four nice GTI's, all owned by one guy.

Photos or it didn't happen! :lol:

petert

Strength.

Even a good SS bolt is about half the tensile strength of a standard HT bolt at the most.

I thought the UTS of most stainless bolts was between Grade 5 and Grade 8 high tensile bolts. ie 500-800 MPa. And the strongest approx. 1200MPa.

welshpug

may well be, I was referring to 8.8 being the minimum you'd see stamped on a fastener used on a Pug at least, I don't recall seeing anything lower at a stockholder.

Edited by welshpug