• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

aarontrophy

Fitting The Satchshift Today :)

welshpug

try mounting the ball pivot on the rear instead of the front of the side to side lever on the main rod.

welshpug

this one :)

post-21061-0-79424500-1427125346_thumb.j

205Rallee

try mounting the ball pivot on the rear instead of the front of the side to side lever on the main rod.

Not enough clearance to do that :(

Kev, can you get me the spacer and additional rose joint? I could do with this asap as I'm off to the Isle of Man for an event in three weeks and I don't feel at all confident that the satchshift as it is will stay in gear.

Edited by 205Rallee

A1AXX

Not enough clearance to do that :(

Kev, can you get me the spacer and additional rose joint? I could do with this asap as I'm off to the Isle of Man for an event in three weeks and I don't feel at all confident that the satchshift as it is will stay in gear.

It doesn't work with out at least spacing the bell crank up with 3 or 4 washers. Rose joint and 20mm spacer isnt totally necessary but helps. Mine now works 100% like i said

205Rallee

Tried spacing it up 5mm and 10mm and that made no difference. So shortened the straight rod as much as I could which allows it to go into 2nd, 4th and reverse but the bell crank does touch the upright bit of the long bottom rod when you shift into first.

burr_2000

Did you manage to get it to work? I was thinking of purchasing one but was not sure it would be allowed in A1 class if you had to cut holes in the bulkhead.

205Rallee

Hi, yes I did get it to work 90% of the time, but it took an age of trying to adjust every dimension and it still jumps out of 4th gear, reverse is very hard to engage, the linkages clash and there is an excess amount of slack in the side to side movement of the gear stick as the "S" shaped linkage is effectively too short. It is a real shame as it is a lovely piece of kit and it would only need a tiny amount of work to get it working perfectly. Unfortunately I haven't got the skills to fabricate the bits that would solve the problems.

The hole you need to cut in the bulkhead is tiny and it would be hard for anyone to argue that the hole wasn't original. I'd definitely not recommend trying to fit it with the engine and box/exhaust etc in place.

In summary if you are prepared to re engineer the linkages to fit your car I'd give it a go.

burr_2000

Ah ok, it certainly looks the business but sorry to hear you have paid a lot of money for a product that still has teething problems. Colin's work is undoubtedly good, the XU shift is tried and tested and reports are it works well. Have you informed him of the faults with MA?

welshpug

indeed, phone them, Colin and Dave will help.

Batfink

He's already redesigned the 306 kits due to customer feedback so he would do the same to this kit.

205Rallee

I've e-mailed them, trying to explain the issues. Sorry guys I'm ok fitting things but I'm not an engineer :)

welshpug

colin and dave are Farmers :D

Ian205

so you cant engage reverse with this kitt off the shelf?

205Rallee

Great news, Colin has been in touch and he's going to send me some modified parts. That should sort it :):):):):):):)

Edited by 205Rallee

205Rallee

Still waiting for the parts.....

welshpug

no point posting on here about it, Colin is busy hillclimbing :P

205Rallee

As would I if I had a fully functioning gearchange.

welshpug

give the guys a call then!

205Rallee

Unfortunately,I don't know Colin, it's just a company who has supplied parts to me via Kam Racing. I've had an e-mail promising the parts but that was two weeks ago and I've e-mailed twice now just to ask when I might expect the parts. There's clearly a problem with the original design, there are new parts, surely once you are promised new parts you shouldn't have to continually chase.

Batfink

When did Colin tell you he can get the parts to you for?

They are flat out trying to get rid of a massive backlog of kits. He certainly knows of your order as I checked up on it so you will be getting your replacement parts shortly.

Kev

205Rallee

Kev, no date promised, but i'm hoping it'll be sooner rather than later..

205Rallee

Modified s shaped linkage and spacer plus rose joint received on Saturday, fitted yesterday and adjusted adjusted adjusted today. Now works perfectly :)

burr_2000

Good news mate. Got any more pics?

205Rallee

Sorry for the delay and quality of the picture taken with my phone. It really works perfectly now :) :)

post-8266-0-64048500-1434790995_thumb.jpg

Wallby

Im thinking about getting one of these for the Rallye. Does anyone know if you can keep the radio with the ma kit? Or does some of the lower dashboard need to be removed?