• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

aarontrophy

Fitting The Satchshift Today :)

parry

Thanks mate, I would have the race car build on here but I need to keep my sponsors and potential sponsors updated.

Hope the photo helped, we measured first to estimate the position the drilled a small hole and used piano wire to check, we were slightly off on the horizontal, so out came the nibbler, 10 secs later it was good!

• Like 1

mech205eng

I drilled my bulkhead hole from inside, by looking at the yellow car with the kit fitted on kamracing, figured out roughly where the hole went and drew on the car with black marker. Then guesstimated the centre of the hole and drilled it out with a hole saw smaller than what was needed (don't remember size) Then tried the rod and fine tuned the hole with a rough round file, took 5-10 minutes of awquard upside down filing to get it right.

Castorkid

Hi all,

Have a Satchshift to fit to my 205 soon. Has anyone had a chance yet to produce a paper template or pics with measurements to help with drilling the bulk head?

tdr_1976

I'm really interested in fitting one of these on the XS, now that my plans are changed and keeping the car. As in a previous post, have they made a 205 MA Kit yet? Or, can a 106 one be used?

• Like 1

allye

Yey! Pleased to see you're keeping the xs mate.

• Like 1

tdr_1976

No reply?

I'm guessing by the silence, that no is the answer to my question.

welshpug

I think there may be a 205 hillclimb car running one, ask Sandy, it might have a BE box though, but if you're mechanically minded and the exhaust will fit past it I can't see why you couldn't make a BE one fit.

the 106 kit is very different, its made to bolt to the bulkhead given there is no subframe.

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

Sandy

Speak to Colin is always the best option, the kits are easily adaptable.

• Like 1

ftoomsh

are these for be3 boxes only????

or will they fit be1? if so does it come with a lever of some description for the reverse cable???

welshpug

it'll fit any BE box in a 205, no lever for reverse, you'll need to sort that yourself, not hard to do though, some bicycle brake cable and a barrel clamp and a brake lever.

Edited by welshpug

Jme

ive got a ''short s*it'' rod kit from constella aswell the leaver its quite short and fells nice and tight but is there going to be much diffance in me buying this wuld i notice much diffance??

Batfink

I got a load of bits made up for a neat lift up reverse

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/peugeot/peugeot-205/transmission/gear-linkages/peugeot-205-satchell-engineering-gearlever-kit-gti-be-with-lift-up-reverse-mechanism.html

are these for be3 boxes only????

or will they fit be1? if so does it come with a lever of some description for the reverse cable???

• Like 2

blandy

Could someone with this kit take some photos of where all the pieces go if pos. I've just brought a 2nd hand kit so trying to work out the orientation of all the bits

blandy

I've tried roughly fitting my kit in place today and think I've worked most of it out.

One question though on the end of the rod that goes onto the bottom of the gear lever there is arise joint on the end which must secure the assembly to the car. Where does this joint mount to?

blandy

I'm guessing you elongate the back hole on the mounting plate and it bolts onto there to secure the rear of the lever

205Rallee

Cheers gents!

Any news on an "MA" version?

rallyeash

I've tried roughly fitting my kit in place today and think I've worked most of it out.

One question though on the end of the rod that goes onto the bottom of the gear lever there is arise joint on the end which must secure the assembly to the car. Where does this joint mount to?

If it's the one right at the rear from memory you drill through the floor and nut from the Inside.

blandy

yeah thats the one. Ive got mine in the rear surround point i enlarged the hole and fitted it there as seems to line up pretty well there. Such a great bit of kit though now ive finally got my engine and box in the car i couldnt believe how close the gears are

205Rallee

And my wife just asked me what i wanted for my birthday this month!

Other than the hole in the bulkhead is there any other fabrication or holes that need to be drilled? How does it fit onto the subframe? Is it ok with a left hand drive steering rack etc?

welshpug

as far as I know its all bolt on other than the hole in the bulkhead, and swap the top arm on the gearbox if its a BE, not sure the MA needs that.

205Rallee

I couldn't recognise that top arm in the photo, wouldn't want to have to take the gearbox to pieces to fit it! Can you find out any more details on the fitting? thanks!

Just realised the photo on the website is generic. Would be good to see one of an actual 205 MA installation.

Edited by 205Rallee

welshpug

yeah the picture is from the BE kit, you don't dismantle the box, its just a roll pin on an external arm.

best bet is to drop dave a line via the satchell engineering facebook page.