• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

[engine_work] Budget 16V Turbo In Laser Green

peter

second and third gear not much traction!!

http://s515.beta.pho...7191c1.mp4.html

ran out of track, so couldnt get out of fourth. But it will hit the milage trip button in fifth.

http://s515.beta.pho...974f9f.mp4.html

edit, yes it goes very well, still has an odd splutter caugh now and then. :(

0.5 BAR BOOST!!!

welshpug

most logical thing to do would be to check the diameter of the Audi clutch plate and flywheel, compare these to the Peugeot ones, also check how the Audi crank sensor works and where it is located.

also check how the Audi clutch release mechanism works, and whether that is compatible with the peugeot pressure plate.

peter

Ive had a look at all that all ready,

The ml flywheel is 235mm, audi 240, nothing a lathe cant fix,

The crank sensor can just be fitted in the same plase as the peugeot by drilling the audi box.

The thrust bearing looks like it would work!

The depth of the flywheel may be a problem though as the audi one sits deep into the bell housing!

But is this generally how you would go about doing it?

Shakey_Jake

Interesting read this, I'm liking the turbo manifold it defiantly works well judging by the vids.

peter

the manifold is almost identical to the old dp-engineering one.

205turbo

have you got this on ebay?

GLPoomobile

I don't think he has. Reckon it's someone else who lives in the same area and happens to have a Lazer green with a home brew GTI6 turbo that looks identical :P

peter

Well santa pod didn't go very well this weekend, bottom engine mount sheared clean off which in turn pulled the driveshaft out and ruined the CV joint.

All this happened trying to warm the tires up, That tarmac is gripy!!

On a plus, my mates 1.7 fiesta ran a 13.2 on his first run (still awaiting "rod out of block :p"), and i'm pretty sure my car is quicker.

dave richards

i saw this car at pod albeit parked up on the Sunday looked smart, did you look at the £1 car raffle?

pip470

Ahh so this is the car, saw you being pushed back after the burnout and wondered what happened? Weather was miserable wasn't it. Theres always next time. Have you got a pic of the damage to the mount?

peter

Thanks! The car is a pretty decent, its the best one I've had! Weather couldn't have been much worse! I bought a few 1£ car tickets I wanted those r888s!haha

I haven't got a pic of the damage but ill take a pic of the mount.

I would have had the car repaired and up the strip on the sunday, as I pulled some bits off a scrap car that the monster truck had been driving over (thanks to terry grant).

Dissapointing weekend, fitted a 1.6 box instead of the 306td and I lowered the gaz coilovers to the floor. Probably just made the car slower though!!

peter

I have a s16/2.0 mi16 head and some 270 duration cams from a 1.9 mi16 im thinking if the cams can be swapped over the s16 head with thos cams will be a slight upgrade on the gti6 head and it won't tap!

What do you think? Then get it mapped...

peter

ohhh and ive bought a omex 710 so it will be less yeehaa

petert

I have a s16/2.0 mi16 head and some 270 duration cams from a 1.9 mi16 im thinking if the cams can be swapped over the s16 head with thos cams will be a slight upgrade on the gti6 head and it won't tap!

What do you think? Then get it mapped...

Yep, more durable than the flexible 6mm valves. Just press off/on the timing tang to utilise full sequential injection. I'd still use the standard exhaust cam.

peter

thank you for posting! i was about to inqure on your cam group buy what would be best suited for my engine if the ones i have are not.

I still need to measure the lift and duration of the "270" cams i have as they were second hand.

Would i need some adjustable pullys to set the cam/s?

thanks!

petert

I'd try offset keys first. Advancing the exhaust cam will reduce the lift at TDC. Best results will be with verniers on the dyno however.

• Like 1

peter

I might have to go find some vernier pulleys then. dw8 diesel?!

The cams power range acording to the piper website make power from 1500 to 6500 which seems odd as im sure a standard mi16 happily pulls to over 7000. Im assuming that for a turbo aplication the cam timing will be quite different to n/a

i'd rather have it screaming to 8000 but never mind :ph34r:

The omex 710 turns up friday :D

Edited by peter

peter

Measured the lift on the new cams and the're about 10mm. The standard are about 9mm.

Also did a compression check all cylinders are 125psi :0 seems a bit low but the CR could be as low as 7.1:1 sound about right?

peter

wiring in the omex... do i go DIS or Coil on plug?

Im thinking DIS as per the 8v turbo as i have a few spare, the coil on plug from the s16 look quite un-common.

I only have standard mi16 cam pulleys at the minute, what number would you use? i have a #4 and several #2?

If anyone is thinking of changing from an mi/s16 head to gti6 or vice versa what a nigtmare!! the exhaust manifold sits in a totally different place so needs a complete re-design of the downpipe. The turbo now fits like a dream though.

...also made a quickshift so the gear lever is next to the steering wheel ready for a nylon knob. :D

peter

another thing the "fast road 270" cams i have, have a very narrow lobe centre (quite pointy) but the s16/mi16 cams have a noticeably wider lobe centre.

so can i use the 270 higher lift cams but use a certain pulley to reduce the overlap?

I need the get it back together asap for york 1/4 mile day on bank holiday :D​

petert

You're misusing the term "lobe centre". This is used describe the maximum lift point, as an angle either before (for exhaust) or after (for inlet) TDC. The more pointy lobe is due to the extra lift. If you had two cams with identical duration but different lift, the higher lift cam will be more pointy. Turbo engines have less overlap, thus wider lobe centres.

If you had standard Mi16 cams with #2 pulleys, you would have 114º lobe centres on each. If you changed the exhaust pulley from #2 to a #3, it would advance the exhaust cam, increasing the lobe centre angle to 117º, decreasing the lift @ TDC and reduce the overlap period.

Edited by petert

peter

sorry, my bad cam lobe profile?

ok so if i use a #4 on the exhaust it would advance the exhaust cam a bit more, so even less overlap, and more power? and use a #2 on the inlet.

i need to go read up on this....wheres that david vizard book

edit, forgot to mention that it wasn't very straight forward swapping mi16 cams into an s16!!

I had to machine a slot in the end of the cam for the vacuum pump and then drill down the centre of the cam, then through the cam to feed oil to the vacuum pump.

I now need to machine a slot in the mi16 cam and tap a thread into it to bolt the rotor arm on.

But at least ill have a vacuum pump for the brakes and i can run sequential injection.

Edited by peter

peter

316242_10151402458961566_1395858096_n.jp

• Like 1

TT205

Nice light bulb

• Like 1