• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bigearmuffs

[Body_Work] 205 Wide Arch / T16 Project

bigearmuffs

Green back on the tail gate, needs another coat -

DSC_0181_zpsffc70d0d.jpg

Feel better for having taken the rubber out, and it came out in one piece so should go back in -

DSC_0182_zpsf4fec9e2.jpg

Got another coat of primer on the doors and then went for some colour on the inside -

DSC_0183_zps95c7f956.jpg

Will be a couple of days before I can do more, but want to get the doors back on Saturday so need to push on

• Like 1

bigearmuffs

Another coat on the tail gate, feel much better for having took the rubber out -

DSC_0186_zps2a526d9c.jpg

One coat on the outside, need better weather to build it up, it's to damn cold -

DSC_0185_zpsa74b9492.jpg

Primed, ready for black, the hair dryer was for speedier drying due to the temp, and in case of any bloom emergency (although the thinners is anti-bloom) -

DSC_0187_zps360c189f.jpg

DSC_0184_zpsf42cf5e2.jpg

Will do more Saturday morning, weather permitting.

Edited by bigearmuffs

markd6303

Great work looking forward to more updates,love the colour.

• Like 1

Stephen W

As above, car is looking good and hats off to you for dedication. Looking forward to reading more updates this weekend hopefully :)

I also agree with the arches being painted in the same body colour, just adds to the effort but will look better in the end.

Edited by Stephen W
  • Like 1

camgti

Keep up the great work. Have enjoyed the whole read. Love coming back to see how its going.

He who dares wines mate. Your getting it done. Not like many of us who just talk about it!!

Nice

Cam

• Like 1

bigearmuffs

Got some more done, basically turned the doors around and did the inside with quite a lot of focus on the edge, this part is good now. Just need to turn them around again and get a good heavy coat on the outside. Have run out of green so this stopped progress, ordering some more. The tailgate has dried well so hopefully I can finish this and put it back together -

DSC_0190_zps9423660b.jpg

The cane was just to stop the door spinning when sprayed -

DSC_0189_zps2c20986b.jpg

At last got colour on the pesky spoiler, the first coat went on badly due to paint being a bit lumpy (my fault), however the other coats went on okay, hopefully a quick flat back to get the bumps out and then a final coat will do it and then it can go on -

DSC_0188_zps6e2cf6af.jpg

Edited by bigearmuffs

bigearmuffs

Couldn't resist a quick test fit of the spoiler, it fits like a glove, considering the starting point of not even having any bolts in and not being the right shape it is as close now as it can get. Once I've given it the final coat and it has the body double sided tape between it at the tail gate it should look made to fit.

I know it's not everyone's bag -

DSC_0191_zps42a786a4.jpg

DSC_0192_zps51a92f8b.jpg

DSC_0193_zps236bad5d.jpg

jackherer

Looks like the tailgate glass seal trim went back in OK, it seems very neat.

bigearmuffs

Project stalled, another car in the garage now means it might be a while before more updates, appreciate the comments received and I will get back on it as soon as I can, cheers.

bigearmuffs

Managed to get back on the job by squeezing cars onto my path, accordingly sheet'd the garage out (again) -

DSC_0194_zps73fe6a2c.jpg

This time also did the roof to be on the safe side, as when I cleaned up last time green paint was everywhere -

DSC_0195_zps5166bcdd.jpg

Prep time masking -

DSC_0196_zpsa6b0d751.jpg

DSC_0197_zps3c6da14a.jpg

DSC_0198_zpsdd071f6e.jpg

Even resorted to using the shed for spraying, door prepped -

DSC_0199_zpsbbf984d1.jpg​

Pugleyrich

Good to see more progress. I really enjoy following this thread and look forward to the finished product. I can't remember if it has been mentioned before, but what wheels and engine do you have lined up for this?

bigearmuffs

The results -

DSC_0200_zpseb922c8c.jpg

DSC_0201_zps876b983a.jpg

DSC_0202_zps30ed3777.jpg

DSC_0203_zpsbd88d169.jpg

DSC_0204_zps28420dd7.jpg

DSC_0206_zps13546372.jpg

DSC_0209_zps5a3bfffa.jpg

bigearmuffs

Good to see more progress. I really enjoy following this thread and look forward to the finished product. I can't remember if it has been mentioned before, but what wheels and engine do you have lined up for this?

Not even thought about it yet, but need to soon, thanks for the interest.

bigearmuffs

Okay, if you have not seen it yet you will now, the back arches are to low in comparison to the front, I need to sort this by modifying the bodywork, disappointing as I thought I was there but it is what it is and it needs to look right, stand by for fibre glass filler and paint...

bigearmuffs

Long time no update, not through lack of progress more through lack of time to capture and update, in short (cause I can't really remember) -

Roof finished, roof spoiler mounted, front wings finished (and indicators fitted), grill changed to black, new front bumper (modded to fit and include black mesh on fog light holes, etc), back windows fitted, all door locks and handles, mirrors, weatherproof trim fitted on door surrounds, boot finished, buckets fitted, seat belts fitted, all electric's checked and working now (one washer pump replaced), all wipers fitted, floor painted.

Much more cannot recall, hopefully the pictures will fill the gaps -

DSC_0239_zpsa771d37e.jpg

DSC_0235_zps50fd3758.jpg

DSC_0237_zpsb21dfe39.jpg

DSC_0236_zps8be8963a.jpg

DSC_0234_zpse28a6982.jpg

DSC_0233_zpsc89bce84.jpg

bigearmuffs

Oh, forgot, still the back bumper to sort, literally cut into pieces and put back together (roughly), still work to do, but hopefully through the roughness you can see what I will be aiming for. Also on the pics previous although the front bumper is flatted back with 2000's I have not yet brought it back to shine due to time (so it is flat).

DSC_0241_zps2b2a0406.jpg​

Modification made to suit the exhaust exit, I built the bit in green filler (fiber glass below) to suit

DSC_0240_zpsf56d788d.jpg

Edited by bigearmuffs

2052NV

looking good man. i admire that you manage to do all that body work in your garage!

• Like 1

Juttie205

Take you decided to leave rear arches alone.

bigearmuffs

Take you decided to leave rear arches alone.

Not yet, finer detail is waiting else I get bogged down on bit's. Will get to all before I am finished.

bigearmuffs

looking good man. i admire that you manage to do all that body work in your garage!

Many thanks for your comment, sometime's it's hard to keep driving ahead so positive comments defo increase motivation

johnnyboy666

Cracking progress, looks like its really coming together now!

• Like 1

PAGOS

Class , inspiring .Thanx , you've given me a bit of inspiration .

• Like 1

Pugleyrich

Does anyone know if this ever got finished? I'd like to see how it ended up.

pugdamo

I was thinking the other day I havnt seen any updates on this for a long time.