• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Where To Get Good Quality Gti Mats?

S@m

Id be very much interested in a set of four with the saddle, no chance of Mi16 badging instead of GTI though is there? Good job wangling the discount and all though.

Sam

stufarri

Hi Sam.

If you can post me your boot badge (if you have one) the manufacturer can copy it and I'll send it you back.

Failing that if anyone has one, let me know if I can loan it please, although I appreciate these badges are rare and expensive on ebay now.

He can also do the GTI lettering in other colours but you'll need to be very specific - a post in this thread mentioned a green GTI badge, I think.

S@m

Stu,

I haven't got an mi16 boot badge, the only ones i have are 2 of the mudflap badges which might be a bit small. I could send one of those, but would be better if someone with a full size boot badge could do the honours, if not i'll send one of mine no probs.

Sam

stufarri

The badges I used to replicate the CTI/GTI were mudflap badges and they came out OK as they enlarged them for me.

One of the Lancs crew has and Mi16 so I'll see if I can borrow his boot badge otherwise I will need one of yours please.

stufarri

Pics here gents:

CTI

0032.jpg

GTI

0012-1.jpg

0022-1.jpg

The mats are not finished off but are just cut from car carpet (no edging on them yet).

Happy with the fit though overall (GTI one needs trimming a little as it is too wide across the tunnel) so I will discuss manufacture & prices with my contact in the week.

Views welcome.

sensualt101

looking good stu! the finished items will be impressive and a great oem looking set of mats for gti enthusiasts :)

marksorrento205

I saw these today in the flesh and they look bloody great. All the mats fit really well and I dont think anyine will be disappointed in them!

Top job Stu

stufarri

Cheers Mark and thanks for the loan of the dealer GTI mats - fitted mine today and they look superb!

feb

Are your Cti and Gti trial mats the standard or super quality?

stufarri

Standard quality, the CTI floor mats/boot mats are super quality.

He will be offering both for the saddles though, I'd guess.

stufarri

Right lads, I'm off to see the Mat Man tomorrow and will get prices on the saddles and get the fitting spot on too.

Sam306 has also kindly agreed to loan me an MI16 badge so I can get this copied as well.

Lastly, I bought some of those boot tidies from Lidl in the week and and I'll be seeing if I can get CTI/GTI badges sewn on to match the mats.

Not sure if he could replicate these too if there is enough interest? I can't post a picture as there were none on the internet when I looked last night. Basically a thick felt storage pouch with velcro fittings that sticks to the boot carpet etc - useful for all the tat that you need to carry around in a 20+ year old 205 GTI/CTI in case of problems.

I'll post again re the prices etc tomorrow evening.

Edited by stufarri

welshpug

have you posted them up on the Rallye register?

stufarri

Hi Mei - no I never go on there.

I'll have look later - thanks for this.

welshpug

you got an accout in there? I'm a RR member so could post for you if required :)

stufarri

If you don't mind please, yes.

Can you sent up the discount code as RallyeStu - 10% off ebay listed prices. I'll let my contact know the code tomorrow.

He does 306 and 106 boot mats in addition to floor mats, with series 1 and 2 106 rally badges and 306 rallye badges too that match the car graphics - the prices are the same as the 205 ones I listed on here, with different prices dependent upon quality chosen.

Thanks for this.

stufarri

Right lads - saddle mats now ready to order, priced at £24.99 just for the rear in standard grade, £34.99 in super in either CTI or GTI shapes.

£5 extra per badge you want these and I am also getting an MI16 badge copied too, as above - thanks Sam.

I forgot to get a full interior mat set price but I will try to get this next week - you could always call to check this.

stufarri

With 1471 views at ther time of this post, has anyone ordered any, particularly the saddles?

it would be great to see some pics if you have got some.

stufarri

Just spoke to my contact and he has revised the saddle prices and will give me a full interior/saddle/boot mat price list tomorrow.

Saddles now £19.99 and £29.99, plus £5 extra per badge.

Once I have the prices I will move to the discount section and link it here.

S@m

I shall be looking to have a full set with the saddle rear, with mi16 badging. Any chance of a pic of how the Mi16 badge came out?

Sam

stufarri

Hi Sam, not yet no sorry, I can only meet him on Saturday mornings as I work 30 miles away from where I live/he is based. It will be an exact replica though, as the CTI/GTI badges were, I am confident of this. I understand that his badge supplier uses the most up to date computer generated images/equipment hence the accuracy.

S@m

No problem mate, i'm in no particular rush, afterall the car's not even an mi16 yet! I'll keep an eye on this topic after teh weekend anyway.

Cheers, Sam

Tesstuff

The Gentry came with a high quality mat set. Not shaped at the front like the ones here.

Have you seen a set to compare them to these for quality Stu?

If I could get a set identical to my Gentry set in plush feel and fit then I would be very interested.

Edited by Tesstuff

stufarri

Hi Daz.

No, I could not get a set to compare so made my own saddle rear one, which is a better, more tailored fit that the original ones, I feel.

The front, I know are different, but due to the limited market of Gentry front ones and the number of templates the supplier would need to carry decided against it.

Re quality - I think most after market suppliers will struggle to match the original pile - I certainly noticed this when I borrowed Mark's GTI dealer mats - they are really really thick pile - almost like house carpet in thickness and I suspect would be very expensive to replicate. The supplier I use does not have this thickness of carpet as I checked.

That said, the quality is superb on the mats I have had made in this thread.

stufarri

These are now ready and are listed on ebay too (but 10% discount on here), photo attached - these are standard quality and are priced at £59.99 for the saddle mat, fronts and boot mat set :

I'll take a photo of the MI16 badge on Saturday and post this too

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

Edited by stufarri
  • Like 1

BlueBolt

I'm liking them!!!

Hope they're available for a while as I'm skint at the moment, but will be wanting them before too long!!

• Like 1