• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Where To Get Good Quality Gti Mats?

sensualt101

Pictured in this thread - I have got these done already!

sorry stu i didnt notice the boot mat. if you get colins mat duplicated i am definitely up for a full set and i suspect i wouldnt be the only one! :)

stufarri

I think the best bet would be for me to create the saddle ones from scratch using card as I did with my CTI ones.

That way there is no postage of the template mats and no-one is out of pocket.

I do feel that I am lining Mr Ambassador's pockets to a certain extent so I'll have a word when I see him on Saturday.

I want him to do some other mats for me for my Z4M (boot mat) that I have been trying to get for years - glad they are so local.

Views welcome gents!

Alan77

No idea sorry - they are not my mats. (wish they were!)

I dare say yes though as the Ebay advert says they can do different colours and I looked at his swatch pad when I popped in and there were a fair few colours.

No worries, i've contacted them through ebay. Cheers.

sensualt101

well stu if you suggest he arranges a small dsicount code for 205 gti drivers users and he gets the sort of response i expect the least he could do bearing in mind you have helped create the mats and logos is to give you a set of mats free or at very substantial discount!!! i would show him a printout of this thread lol! ;)

Edited by sensualt101

stufarri

I have set up a deal already on pscuk.net with a password etc to get a discount but it only applies to paid up members.

I am in a muddle now as there is a lot of interest on here but I started this deal for pscuk members really.

sensualt101

I have set up a deal already on pscuk.net with a password etc to get a discount but it only applies to paid up members.

I am in a muddle now as there is a lot of interest on here but I started this deal for pscuk members really.

either way you will have helped the guy make a few quid as you have done all the leg work stu! i personally am happy to pay their full price as i know they are well worth it! :)

tartanbloke

Evening,

I have seen these on ebay for a few months now and when I compared the style and material against those from abroad, I have no issue in buying a full set as they are really good value for the money being asked.

That's my thoughts...he he

Chris

marksorrento205

I have seen a set of the 306 Rallye mats they produced and was impressed. Looking forward to seeing the ones Stu has had made :)

Just need to get a set ordered for the rallye :)

sensualt101

if the guy who runs ambassador plays his cards right he could well have a lot of orders and not just from us 205 gti owners as i would recommend his mats full stop but if he knew his work was being recommended on a lot of forums he would know it would be worth his while to offer a modest discount to customers who have been forwarded to him by satisfied customers like me and it would be worth pointing out that if he marketed decent copies of the oe peugeot mats with custom colour options he will get a great deal of business going his way and thanks to people like stu he will have the right product! like i said before i am happy to pay full price for the right quality and he has that no worries!

Alan77

I've just had a reply on these mats via ebay. I was told that if i buy the black set on ebay and state my colour options, anything could be made up. I fancy anthracite mats with either red or black piping.

If a group discount is arranged, i'll hold off but i've just sold some tat on ebay so i might treat myself now...

stufarri

Just found some card in my s*it-tip of a garage - I'll get my template making head on at the weekend and pop down to them with CTI and GTI saddle mat templates asap.

GLPoomobile

Come on, spread the love ^_^ We may not be officially "paid up members" but most of us have donated to the running of this forum ;)

stufarri

Yep, I agree - to a certain extent :lol: .

I am seeing him face to face to see if I can set up a group buy. That said, his prices are very good to start off with to be fair.

Looking to get some of these in stock to buy at Pugfest too if I can sort something out.

The downside of a GB on mats is that there will be 101 combos for me speak to him about - looking forward to that!

I need to get the saddle templates done as no doubt many will want this option.

Details to follow on Sunday.

sensualt101

Yep, I agree - to a certain extent :lol: .

I am seeing him face to face to see if I can set up a group buy. That said, his prices are very good to start off with to be fair.

Looking to get some of these in stock to buy at Pugfest too if I can sort something out.

The downside of a GB on mats is that there will be 101 combos for me speak to him about - looking forward to that!

I need to get the saddle templates done as no doubt many will want this option.

Details to follow on Sunday.

although i already have a set of his mats and i am extremely happy with them i will have another full set including boot mat when the saddle type rear is produced :)

GLPoomobile

Absolutely. So wouldn't it be better just to offer a discount code?

The other problem with group buys is that they seem to be a hassle to set up and manage, and then you get people who miss out and want another group buy started up.

stufarri

Right then lads- CTI mats I collected today, well pleased with these!:

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

And saddle templates for both CTI and GTI ready to be dropped off at Mat man tomorrow! 2hrs of titting about with card and scissors - it was like being a 10 yr old again!

001-2.jpg

sensualt101

Right then lads- CTI mats I collected today, well pleased with these!:

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

And saddle templates for both CTI and GTI ready to be dropped off at Mat man tomorrow! 2hrs of titting about with card and scissors - it was like being a 10 yr old again!

001-2.jpg

well done stu! maybe you should be on blue peter lol! i look forward to seeing the finished saddle mats! :)

stufarri

Dropped off the templates for the full dealer GTI set and the rear saddle mats today and he will make them up so I can trial fit to make sure they are OK as the card may fit differently to the thicker carpet.

Also agreed a 10% 205GTIDrivers discount too - more to follow once I have set up the code later this week.

The saddles will made be made up for another 10 days or so as my contact is on holiday.

I'll keep you posted!

Phil H

Looking very good. I can't wait to see the reproduction genuine items and glad you are bringing the deal here as a lot of us are not currently paid up members of PSCUK at the minute, so this benefits UK manufacturing even more now.

stufarri

Looking very good. I can't wait to see the reproduction genuine items and glad you are bringing the deal here as a lot of us are not currently paid up members of PSCUK at the minute, so this benefits UK manufacturing even more now.

You could always part with a measly £20, get additional benefits at Pugfest and discounts off other events and additional discounts too, plus Torque Magazine every 3 months.

Go on, you know you want to .... :lol:

Cameron

I'm on too many forums as it is, can't justify signing up to a third. :P

stufarri

I have set up a discount code of '205DRIVERSSTU' which gives 10% discount and £1 off postage (£7.50 instead of £8.50).

They also make 106 Rallye (phase 1 and 2), 306 Rallye/GTI-6, 309 GTI as well as modern Peugeot mats too - not really that relevant on here though.

Website here:

http://www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk/

So,

10% discount to 205GTIDrivers.

Discounted postage too (£1 off)

Prices here:

Prices in the 2 qualities depend on whether the customer wants a boot mat, logo, etc. Price for a set of 4 with a stock logo on both fronts is £29.99 in standard or £39.99 in super (less 10% discount). £10 extra for additional badges on rear mats.

Price for full set incl. boot mat with logo on both fronts and boot mat is £49.99 or £69.99 in the super velour (less 10% discount).

Price for boot mat only with a logo is £20 in standard quality, £30 in super quality with a stock logo (less 10% discount).

Telephone number is 01257 472315.

Once I have prices for the saddle mats, I will post up too and perhaps, MODS, set up a full thread up in discounts section, if that is OK?

Enjoy!

Edited by stufarri

sensualt101

thanks for all your hard work stu!

i will be getting my 2nd set from these guys including boot mat as soon as the saddle rears have been made!

thanks again :)

stufarri

First saddle prototypes being collected tomorrow for trial fitting - I will post pics up at the weekend of both CTI and GTI fitment.

Once finalised fit-wise, production & prices can be firmed up.