• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTIJIM

205 Gti Ecu

GTIJIM

hi all

got it started this morning it fired up fine then revved itself to 3000 then died so i started it again and tried to keep it going but it keeps dying :(

though it now isn't overfueling and revs allot cleaner

GTIJIM

tried replacing the dodgy earth and all its done is fix the starting problem still revs itself and then dies:(

anyone got any ideas what might be the problem?

Paul_13

There's a bolt on the inlet. Of its not present causes an air leak. Not sire where it is tho but sounds like a similar problem

GTIJIM

got the screw in but still doing the same :( could have blown a pipe off when it backfired? will have to do some routing around :)

GTIJIM

started it again just and its stopped revving itself and reverted back to misfiring and overfueling :( its seriously taking the pi55 now

PhilNW

started it again just and its stopped revving itself and reverted back to misfiring and overfueling :( its seriously taking the pi55 now

Wet plugs, lots of misfiring and smoke from exhaust ,

Just had same this with a rebuilt 1.9 which was then put in a 1.6. Turned out to be the AFM, a replacement from Ebay was the cure

Tried swaping ecu , injectors coil etc made little difference

Phil

Edited by PhilNW

GTIJIM

Wet plugs, lots of misfiring and smoke from exhaust ,

Just had same this with a rebuilt 1.9 which was then put in a 1.6. Turned out to be the AFM, a replacement from Ebay was the cure

Tried swaping ecu , injectors coil etc made little difference

Phil

yep got all of that had to wipe the petrol off the plugs earlier as it wouldn't start :(, ive got an AFM on the way which i got off eBay should be here soon :D

hopefully that will cure it then :lol:

GTIJIM

well the AFM finally came so going to get that on tommorow see if it makes any difference :D

also got a working and tested SAD to replace mine as im not sure if mine works or not

see what happens tommorow :D

GTIJIM

Hi all

got the new AFM on and started it up and it runs nicely :D:D:D

still a bit of smoke but i think thats just whats left in the cylinders from previous starting attempts :)

so after 6 months i finally have a running 205 :wub:

GTIJIM

well not out of the blue yet :(

when the engine has been running for about 5 mins it starts to smoke and smell like its overfueling as it did before also there is still a slight missfire but nothing as bad a s before and the car will idle at about 1k now :)

heres a pic of said smoke

2elz6l3.jpg

any ideas would be much appreciated :D

PhilNW

My money is still on the AFM or possible the temp sensor , probably as the engine warms up after a few minutes the fuellling is changing

GTIJIM

ive replaced the AFM and the temp sensor appears to be new when i took it out so im not sure it would be them :unsure: at least i hope its not as thats another £20 wasted :(

could it be a breather problem? or maybe something going on in the engine like oil seals or head gasket failure?

got another picture, the smoke seems to be fairly gray and theres allot of it (carbon on the ground it what came out when i revved it :huh: )

2ef5evs.jpg

only seems to happen when it warms up :blink:

also it will idle here when it warms up

2lw94x2.jpg

that's after playing with the air screws and the distributor to make the idle steady though there it does hunt slightly

GTIJIM

right then

after much thinking i rekon its the head gasket as it smokew when it gets warm and theres oil in the water and it overheats but that may be because the fan wiring has been eaten by mouses :lol: so going to get a head rebuild kit and go to town on it replacing every seal including the dodgy cam seal that leaks a fair bit of oil :D

Sign in to follow this