• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

[car_overhaul] Reshell, Restore And Rebuild

gavbrum

I usually don't like unoriginal or modded 205 GTi's. But yours has been done quite subtly and I think its starting to look pretty nice. Like the little red stripes. Very nice.

pugpete1108

Cheers :) I am going for the not quite oe but enough Peugeot to not be Chav look.

Hence the rally's arches and nimrods

That's why I'm thinking dark grey with the colour and keeping silver wheels .

The stripe will be going tho when it gets painted, they were already on the shell when I got it and I'm not a big fan.

gavbrum

I like the stripes. Very understated going by the pics.

Very nice overall. I'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it's going.

Good luck,

Gav

pugpete1108

well no turning back now :o

both new wings bonded back on and in primer with the lower holes welded up and filled, had a reaction with something on the panel which meant i have been sanding it all back and priming it again a few times. think its there now though.

filled and primed the rear drivers quarter and a couple of other dings on the upper rear quarter, also filled and primer the boot lid so no more wiper holes.

just got the doors to skim over as they are a little rippled and the same with the bonnet as it has some dents where someone has lowered the bonnet on tools or something.

i have booked the 14th off work so that is d day for the full primer coat, just got to get it all ready by then.

bonus is i now have electric as i talked one of the local old people into renting me some via an extension lead for a couple of days (cheaper and easier than a genny anyway)

on a late shift this week so will have mornings to get as much done as possible, its gonna be tight for pugfest but fingers crossed it'll be there.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

pugpete1108

still cracking on.

all but one arch bonded on and smoothed out, just gotta finish the driver rear and then the body is complete.

then onto the doors and bonnet, ready for primer on the 14th

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

damien

Come and do mine when you've finished

• Like 1

pugpete1108

As much as I'd like to mate I'm flat out with this.

What you got left to do?

damien

Just a big stack of little bits like refit drive shafts, rad, coolant pipes, fuel lines etc

I was going to message you over chav-book regarding wiring up the oil pressior but you've gone missing.

I've got a lack of internet at the moment so I'm having to use my phone and the forum is a pain to view on here.

pugpete1108

Yeah given up Facebook, spent to much time reading up on other peoples lives it got boring.

Just text me mate if you need any help.

What's up with the oil wiring?

damien

I'll give you a text tomorrow afternoon.

I've got the mushroom adapter in the block for the oil pressure, but I'm not sure what plug should go to it, I think its a single yellow lead with a 2 pin plug on it. Does it go on the mushroom bit or on the other end of the adapter.

That makes no bloody sends reading it back

pugpete1108

well she is in primer :wub: well just about, the rain held off until the last bit. but i managed to keep it all inside and dry.

it was not without its problems though: the lady im borrowing some electricity off couldnt find the shed key to get to the power supply so that put me about half hour behind then my gun (which hasnt been used for a few years) gave up the ghost and refused to spray properly so i had to nip otu and grab and emergency one. my local had an offer on all air toola dn picked up a campbell hausfeld(american) gravity fed low air gun for only a tenner. and to be honest it sprays really well.

I need another water trap nearer to gun for the top coat as i got loads of water coming out of the gun and splatting the panels? i have a massive one connected to the compressor itself but i guess it was collecting in the hose?

i did plan on having the door/boot shuts done in top coat so i can hang the door etc for final flatting and paint but i didnt have time, so will do that over the weekend along with the guide coat and the leave it all to dry before the final flat/ top coat is done

anyway pictures:

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

pugpete1108

Yup, graphite grey without the graphite ..... So erm .....grey yeah.

welshpug

so steel grey then? :D

pugpete1108

so steel grey then? :D

that the only difference between the two then?

its actually a ral code: 7021 dark grey but the swatch was very close to the graphite i went for it. it was either that or anthacite grey.

the only reason i'm not using graphite it that im not confident enough with spraying metallic :ph34r: plus i dont really have the best equipment or space to do it.

cybernck

Keep it white (primer) :)

pugpete1108

i was toying with the idea of ford frozen white with black wheels, and to be honest white is by far the easiest to spray too. much more forgiving.

but the earlier pics i posted of it looked so mean it just had to be grey with silver wheels (maybe gunmetal wheels??)

Josh_Quant

Do it grey! :)

Does the bumpers still fit easy with the arches?

pugpete1108

Yeah the bumpers slide in behind the arches, I'm bolting straight through the bumpers as fixings anyway

pugpete1108

she has colour :blush: well a little bit.

and its alot more grey than i thought, i though it would be just off black but its really nice.

im sure the pureists will hate it but do i care....not really :ph34r:

i have got the door/boot shuts done and the insides of the doors ready to be rehung for final flatting and top coat. also layed a guide coat over to help with the flatting.

all in all im very inpressed, had some issues with paint flaking from the old masking tape but i kinda knew it would happen anyway. It will all be remasked for the final coat so hopefully no bits in the paint.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

happypatrol

Just read your whole thread. You've done a great job so far. Do you have any idea how much time you have actually spent on it hour wise so far?? Look forward to seeing the paint finished.

pugpete1108

thanks :) i would dread to think to be honest but at the same time its not as much as i would have liked to (married with 2 kids busy)

i actually only got the shell last july i think but most of the rebuild stuff was already done on my old shell like the engine brakes rear beam etc. so it was just a case of swapping it over.

i would like to add i have not outsourced any of the work its all been done myself which makes me quite proud :wub:

there should be a nice update next week as im off on holiday for two weeks and ive got to pick a good day weather wise for final paint.

pugpete1108

well i made a small amount of progress today......ive only gone and painted it :D

to be honest it didnt go too bad once i had the gun set up properly apart from i had loads of water coming through to gun (even with two filters??)

its going to take some flatting and polishing as there is a few runs here and there but nothing major.

overall im very impressed with my effort.

DSC_0079-2.jpg

DSC_0088-1.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

vtifan

still don't know if i like those nimrods,got a set for mine,think they look ok sometimes and not so ok others,wish i had a set of fondmetal 4000's but they wont fit over big brakes